News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

Tha Realest

The water functionally needs to remain as it connects to other waterways. But it doesn’t need to form a loop around an island.
The Cars experience is the best of what had been rumored. So in that respect, good?

Still, going to be odd seeing and hearing the Cars racers across what remains of ROA buzzing across from Liberty Square

doctornick

No way we are losing Rivers of America completely.

This will almost certainly be akin to the Disneyland overhaul. We’ll get a sizable percentage of the island shaved off and the river will be reduced.

Honestly, I’m fine with that. The way they handled it in Disneyland is objectively an improvement on what was there.
If this is what happens, I’m okay with it. If we still have a river and riverboat and some portion of TSI then I’m okay with losing a bit of the footprint.

Unfortunately I’m very worried that we’re going to end up with a permanently docked riverboat and bridges over to an “island” that will lose any theming.

TrainsOfDisney

I’m also so glad we didn’t just get a RSR copy!
Why? We know nothing about this attraction, it could be much more basic than RSR which is one of the best things Disney has built recently.
Coco and Encanto for that location.
I’m super confused with so much! Haha. “That location” being filling rivers of America?

I always thought “beyond big thunder” meant the open space beyond big thunder - this is “reimagined Frontierland” - was beyond big thunder always this location?

Sir_Cliff

Good thing it's in a Magical Kingdom.

(a subtle stylization used to evoke the same phenomenon of seeing shapes in the clouds, Hidden Mickeys and Grilled Cheesus)
We may have different definitions of subtle.

Cars-Land-Magic-Kingdom_Full_57212.jpg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
It's funny to think Disney might be playing musical chairs with its attractions. Usually that kind of thinking is reserved for Armchair Imagineers. But I do like the idea of relocating Monster's Laugh Floor and possibly Speedway for a Cars attraction.
I think the chances of an attraction relocation are very remote.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Is it not the TT/RSR ride system? Based off the art, I would have assumed it was, just with a different track layout and scenery.
I was told it's a different ride system. And the concept art is very notable that it's not showing any signs of track or guide rail, and a very off-road surface. May just be artistic license, or not.

Cars-Land-Magic-Kingdom_Full_57211.jpg

Sir_Cliff

But that's concept art of scenes from the ride, not the skyline of Frontierland. The zoomed out artwork that includes Big Thunder in the background suggests there's going to be a giant car-themed mountain on the Magic Kingdom skyline.

At any rate, my reaction is very subjective and, who knows, maybe this will be popular. I'm positive about Tropical Americas and the DCA announcements, but reworking Frontierland to fit humanised cartoon cars zooming around is the kind of addition that makes me feel the parks are not for me anymore. I found the idea of an Old West/Frontier theming charming and interesting, as I've generally enjoyed how Imagineers brought general concepts to life rather than literally recreating things from the real world. I really don't care how nicely they bring to life worlds from the Cars franchise.

Disstevefan1

I would hope they have the sense to make the E-ticket an indoor experience. If the whole point of the expansion(?) is upping capacity and moving guests/LL, this thing needs to be running rain or shine.
This is my concern. Are they forgetting WDW is in Florida? This will shutdown with every storm that passes through.

Oh well, I guess it’s a good thing it will be only boarding groups and LL with no standby. 😉

dmc493

I think how he phrased his “perspective” of Frontierland did very poorly. I was in the audience and didn’t clap for this idea at all. But after sleeping on it, I hope we see a “celebration of America’s wilderness” revamp of Frontierland that would help bridge the gap between big thunder, bayou, and whatever style you’d call the cars concept.

davis_unoxx

DL's doesn't have the same attraction mix. Splash Mountain is in CC, there's no Country Bears and Tom Sawyer Island already got a Pirate makeover. The ranch area was removed and the RoA shortened for Galaxy's Edge.

Big Thunder Mountain is the only major attraction and it's too popular to remove.

"Frontierland" the a name isn't going anywhere, but it has morphed into something more suited to today's Disney.

The best Frontierland is thankfully still intact in Paris.
The French have a fascination with the American West, so that should be safe you're right.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom