Cars Land Doesn't Work In The Rain?!?

westie

Agreed to the above. As a motorcycle rider I know that at 50 mph+ and the only body part to be exposed being my neck, the rain can be quite painful. Sometimes Disney is nicer in the rain but these days the paying customer wants his moneys worth and is not going anywhere.

flynnibus

Premium Member
So, four years after it opened, it appears that Cars Land can't operate in even a few light rain showers.

known.jpg

where have you been? :)

DisneyFan4Lifer

My post was supposed to be a slight joke.

My sister and I really did cancel our plans, however. We don't like doing certain things in the rain, and going to Disneyland is one of them. Temperature doesn't matter.

Rain aside, the gray clouds yesterday killed my mood to go anywhere (besides church).

I am very cold sensitive and dislike temperatures under 70 but don't mind the rain. The fact that almost all our rain is cold rules out outings on a rainy day for me. However, when I visit tropical climates with nice, warm rain, I simply throw a poncho over my summer attire and go out and about.

Ever been to Disney WORLD? There, it can be totally sunny when you get in line for a ride, pouring rain when you get out, and then you go into another line on a another ride and it's sunny when you come out. The humidity can be a bit much but all the lines and ACed and it never gets cold there outside, even at night.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

I am very cold sensitive and dislike temperatures under 70 but don't mind the rain. The fact that almost all our rain is cold rules out outings on a rainy day for me. However, when I visit tropical climates with nice, warm rain, I simply throw a poncho over my summer attire and go out and about.

Ever been to Disney WORLD? There, it can be totally sunny when you get in line for a ride, pouring rain when you get out, and then you go into another line on a another ride and it's sunny when you come out. The humidity can be a bit much but all the lines and ACed and it never gets cold there outside, even at night.

I actually prefer cold rain to warm rain. It's weird because I of course like warm showers, but warm rain? Nope.

I haven't been to WDW yet, but I'm familiar with east coast weather, and it's not fun. I first experienced humidity in New Jersey; worst summer ever, in terms of the weather. And the worst part about was it never cooled off at night. My family and I were miserable. Same for New York, it was hot and sticky the whole time we were there. Humidity and I have never been friends, and never will be. I prefer dry heat.

I like that it cools down at night over here out west. Growing up in Los Angeles, I've become very spoiled when it comes to weather. Yesterday and today was the first time we had seen rain, lightning, and thunder in months (I actually think that was the first time I had seen lightning and heard thunder this year). The beauty of living in California is choice in microclimate. It'll be sunny again this week (yay), but if I wanted snow, I wouldn't have to drive two hours and I'd find it. Same for desert, I could find that as well in less than two hours. One could literally go surfing, hiking, and skiing here in one day.

The land of spoiled children. Haha.

180º

I actually prefer cold rain to warm rain. It's weird because I of course like warm showers, but warm rain? Nope.

I haven't been to WDW yet, but I'm familiar with east coast weather, and it's not fun. I first experienced humidity in New Jersey; worst summer ever, in terms of the weather. And the worst part about was it never cooled off at night. My family and I were miserable. Same for New York, it was hot and sticky the whole time we were there. Humidity and I have never been friends, and never will be. I prefer dry heat.

I like that it cools down at night over here out west. Growing up in Los Angeles, I've become very spoiled when it comes to weather. Yesterday and today was the first time we had seen rain, lightning, and thunder in months (I actually think that was the first time I had seen lightning and heard thunder this year). The beauty of living in California is choice in microclimate. It'll be sunny again this week (yay), but if I wanted snow, I wouldn't have to drive two hours and I'd find it. Same for desert, I could find that as well in less than two hours. One could literally go surfing, hiking, and skiing here in one day.

The land of spoiled children. Haha.
I've come to love Southern California's climate because I like warm weather, and as soon as I get sick of it, it gets cold (but not too cold), and as soon as I get sick of winter, it starts warming up. Bliss!

I gotta disagree with you on the warm rain and humidity thing, though. Those are things I wish we had more of. But I admit my preference for that is super weird.

Darkbeer1

I will happly pass on the Humidity, I think that is my biggest issue about weather... Keep it low!

Watching the morning news, they were interviewing a San Diego (El Cajon) High School Football Player who was struck by lighting yesterday.... YIKES! I will happily pass on that too!!!

yookeroo

I've been plenty cold at WDW. Granted, it was December.

Megbutnotmegan

I was in Disneyland last week and it rained. Somethings closed but RSR was not among them. Being a WDW veteran family we weren't disturbed by the rain at all but it did make us laugh that our first DL experience had very WDW weather.

westie

Warm WDW rain is the worst. You put on your poncho and because of the humidity you start to sweat to death in that thing. You take it off and then all the other poncho people start rubbing up against you in line and you get soaked. There's just no winning.

DisneyFan4Lifer

'02, '06, '12. Think it got chilly on all those trips.

Never been in mid winter but have been in March (and two other times, once in May and once in June) and every time it it rained several times and was hot during the day and pleasantly warm at night. June was way too crowded for my tastes though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom