Cars Clone At Test Track - Speculation

Gantu

Original Poster
Here's a thought ... and it's totally baseless. I was wondering what the consensus might be about a "Cars Land" clone taking over the Test Track in Epcot. After looking at the conceptual renderings for the E-ticket ride, it appears to be similar to the Test Track, but that's a judgement call from an outsider. However, we've seen Nemo appear in several versions - one retrofitting the Leagues ride, another refurbing the Seas ... not to mention the Crush coaster in Europe. Back in Florida, I don't think a quick makeover is out of the question, especially after seeing "Donald Does Mexico." Nothing's off the table.

Maybe if there's enough internet chatter, we can spur some thoughts in the mouse house (remember the campaign to make the Mermaid ride a reality? Turns out, those mickey ears were listening). Or, maybe you don't want to see the crash test dummies suffer a fate worse than death - extinction!

Eyorefan

Here's a thought ... and it's totally baseless. I was wondering what the consensus might be about a "Cars Land" clone taking over the Test Track in Epcot. After looking at the conceptual renderings for the E-ticket ride, it appears to be similar to the Test Track, but that's a judgement call from an outsider. However, we've seen Nemo appear in several versions - one retrofitting the Leagues ride, another refurbing the Seas ... not to mention the Crush coaster in Europe. Back in Florida, I don't think a quick makeover is out of the question, especially after seeing "Donald Does Mexico." Nothing's off the table.

Maybe if there's enough internet chatter, we can spur some thoughts in the mouse house (remember the campaign to make the Mermaid ride a reality? Turns out, those mickey ears were listening). Or, maybe you don't want to see the crash test dummies suffer a fate worse than death - extinction!

Gosh I hope not. I'm not usually one to freat over Characters being in Epcot. I don't mind Nemo and I'm okay with Donald, but I think this would be going too far. JMHO.

happymom52003

A problem I see with it is that a huge part of the Cars fan base would not be able to ride it due to the height restriction. I know my kids would be heartbroken if there was a "Cars" ride that they could not go on. We can explain that Test Track is for older kids and they can ride it when they are a little bit taller, but I could see some serious tantrums if we told them they could not ride a "Cars" themed ride!

KeeKee

I happen to like "Donald Does Mexico"! Can't see a Cars ride at Epcot though. Maybe at the Studio? Or the MK? That seems to be more youth oriented than maybe Epcot would be - Nemo aside. Speaking of which, I hated the Nemo update to Seas - hated it!

Figment1986

they could upgrade test track's technology... but not redo it to the cars attraction as a whole, especually since Cars would be a semi original attraction along with the mermaid attraction wich would be used to get people to travel to DCA...

Eyorefan

A problem I see with it is that a huge part of the Cars fan base would not be able to ride it due to the height restriction. I know my kids would be heartbroken if there was a "Cars" ride that they could not go on. We can explain that Test Track is for older kids and they can ride it when they are a little bit taller, but I could see some serious tantrums if we told them they could not ride a "Cars" themed ride!

On that note, I guess I will throw in the "Cars overlay for the Speedway (or whatever it's called) at MK" idea. That makes way more sense.

CThaddeus

While I totally, completely and in all other ways hate Test Track as it is now, I don't know if a Cars overlay would necessarily be an improvement. What it needs is an overlay that not only has a smidgeon of educational value (which it doesn't possess now), but has a little forward-thinking about it, too. I don't know that Cars could satisfy those requirements (MY requirements, obviously). I like the technology for Test Track, and I love the idea of using it for a Cars attraction at California Adventure, but unless it has some kind of educational and speculative qualities to it, it just doesn't fit in my idea of EPCOT. The Studios, however, would be a good place for it. And in previous threads I've noted my interest in a Grand Prix Raceway overlay for the Magic Kingdom, too (and then putting the entrance in Toontown instead).

darthjohnny

I like the concept of Cars Land. But I can't see it happening in Epcot.

Like someone previously said, I can see them putting elements from Radiator Springs Racer and definately updating the technology, but that's about it.

I can't see them redoing the whole ride. I think Disney and GM probably still have nightmares from the two year delay of the Test Track's opening, so I doubt they would want to live through it again that soon. :)

DisneyMusician2

Redo the speedway. Leave TT alone. I am all in favor of character areas and attractions from recent movies, but this one may be over the top...

djkidkaz

If Disney announced that Speedway was changing to Cars Land, you would all be up in arms on how its more Pixar-fication and it doesn't belong in Tomorrowland.

I think Disney's fifth gate should be "Disneys I can't get over the past, but I'll also complain that EPCOT's not futuristic enough kingdom". Featuring Horizons, Mr Toads Wild Ride, If you had wings, 20k Leagues and a gaggle of other dead attractions. This way you guys can go to DICGOTPBIACTENFEK and quit your whining.

doop

I never saw Cars, so I can't judge that aspect, but I really like TT in its current state, and I would hate to see it changed in such a drastic way.

MickeyJman06

i'm not sure if TT is gonna turn into a cars ride.
lets think of dumb names for it:
Test Track platinum edition: cars edition. RESTORED AND REMASTERED!!!!:ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom