Cars 2 Teaser Trailer..Secret Agents?

kcnole

Apparently they travel to Europe for Lightning to race. Somehow Mater gets mistaken for a secret agent. No one believes him due to his propensity for tall tales and they all get drawn into the international mystery.

Here's the original story on the plot.

Cars 2 Storyline - Jim Hill Media

NMBC1993

Apparently they travel to Europe for Lightning to race. Somehow Mater gets mistaken for a secret agent. No one believes him due to his propensity for tall tales and they all get drawn into the international mystery.

Here's the original story on the plot.

Cars 2 Storyline - Jim Hill Media

Wow...that plot sounds very thrown together. I'm not liking the road Disney is taking with Pixar. I know Toy Story 3 turned out great, it was my favorite movie of the year, but what's with all the sequels? I actually found an interesting post over at the movie review site I go to called http://spill.com where someone was talking about Disney making Marvel characters look like they are in the Tron universe to promote their new movie. But I found this in the post in that topic-

" Disney OWNS Pixar, not the other way around. Plus, that's not a good example because Disney fired a lot of the better talent, cancelled all the original films that Pixar was planning, placed many of their disbanded Disney Animation Studio employees in leadership positions, and then rewrote, changed, or recut all of the films that were currently in production. They took people off of some really cool projects, just so they could re-render Toy Story 1 in 3D, Toy Story 2 in 3D, then they announced a slew of sequel films to previous movies (Pixar had been adamant about not making sequels prior to the buyout). For instance, "The Bear and The Bow" (an original Pixar film) had most of it's talent replaced, the story changed, the title changed to "Brave", and finally the creator/director just walked off the film because she was unhappy with the current direction Disney was taking it.

It's not exactly the "hands off" kind of management that Disney touts in their press releases. Even current employees have taken to calling the company "Pixaren't" because it's not even remotely the same as it used to be"

I have enough faith in Pixar to not let these sequels turn into the Shrek franchise but with Disney these day, you never know.

thelookingglass

To be honest, I've been skeptical upon hearing the details of every single Pixar movie since The Incredibles... and they blew me away every time. I'm not too worried.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Exactly, and the last time I doubted Pixar was Cars 1, and was very happy with how that turned out. The Mater's Tall Tales that have come out so far have been very funny, and at this point, Pixar could tell me that they are doing a movie about dust bunnies and I'd give them the benfit of the doubt.

GLaDOS

I think Pixar is going to have it's first outright critical failure with this one.

Better it be with something I don't want to see than something I do.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I think Pixar is going to have it's first outright critical failure with this one.

It's gotta happen sometime. I thought the same thing though with Cars and was happily suprised. I do get a touch of that worried feeling here about Cars 2 as well, but I think they've earned my benefit of the doubt. I'll be there with my kids to see it opening weekend.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

It has to happen sooner later but every time I think "this will be the one" I am proven wrong. Pixar has earned the benefit of the doubt several times over. Ill trust them until the flop and probably one or two times after that.

GLaDOS

It's gotta happen sometime. I thought the same thing though with Cars and was happily suprised. I do get a touch of that worried feeling here about Cars 2 as well, but I think they've earned my benefit of the doubt. I'll be there with my kids to see it opening weekend.

This will be the first Pixar film I won't see in the theater. The first one bored me, and the second's plot sounds like an earlier Dreamworks film where they just tried to throw wacky stuff in.

I'll check it out on DVD/Netflix when the time comes.

the-reason14

Yes this film does sound like crap, but I wasn't a huge fan of the first cars and just thought of it as ok. Maybe they're trying to redeem themselves. I may only go to see the toy story short thats supposed to be in front of it. And a lot of pixar films, with the exception of toy story 3, have looked like utter crap to me, but turned out really good. Wall E, Up, Rattouille to name a few. So I have faith that this one will actually be good.

GLaDOS

It has to happen sooner later but every time I think "this will be the one" I am proven wrong. Pixar has earned the benefit of the doubt several times over. Ill trust them until the flop and probably one or two times after that.

Oh, I'll never stop trusting them. But every studio makes a bad movie, and I'm kinda hoping it's this one to get it out of the way for something I don't want to see.:lol:

Cmdr_Crimson

Perhaps you haven't figured it out....Cars 2 has been tossing teasers left and right and you haven't even realized it....It's also Known as Mater's Tall Tales...
[youtube]Xpc_A0b6FHc[/youtube]

The plot is this...
Lightning McQueen, his pit crew and his new crew chief, Mater, head around the world for the "Race of Champions" taking place in five different countries: Japan, Austria, Italy, a 24-hour race in France and the United Kingdom. However, Mater, involved in a case of mistaken identity, saves the life of a British secret agent named Finn McMissile and finds himself embroiled in his world of international espionage.

So in short The Cars Toons have been promoting Cars 2 for almost a year now and Mater's Tall Tale Goes To FAR!

danstadnik

Cars 2 may not be the best Pixar movie ever made... but I have a feeling it'll be light years better than Bolt or Meet the Robinsons, or Chicken Little... you get the idea.

NMBC1993

Disney bought Pixar in 2006, Toy Story 2 which was a sequel, was made in 1999.:shrug:

That is true, but the thing with Toy Story 2 is that it was created almost the same way Toy Story 3 was. In the documentary "The Pixar Story" it explained that once Toy Story and Bug's Life were release Disney wanted to do a direct to dvd movie about Toy Story without Pixar and Lasseter didn't know anything about it because he was on the Bug's Life international tour. But when he came back he found out about it and wanted to re-do everything himself with Pixar and started work right away and after that Disney decided to just release the film in theaters.

ryno1982

I agree. Bolt was more enjoyable than Wall-E. Princess and the Frog was more enjoyable than Up. Pixar movies are great for social commentary and imaginative looks at real life. Disney movies are still about magic, escapism, and enjoyment. The last two Pixar movies were so depressing I only saw them once, even if they were good.

I think that Pixar attractions in the parks fail for the reason I listed above.

danstadnik

Just for the record, I was only comparing Disney Animation's forays into CG against Pixar's. As best as I can remember, that means Dinosaur, Chicken Little, Meet the Robinsons, Bolt... and maybe The Wild? Valiant? Who made those movies? Were they some British import or something? Ah, old age is terrible.
Anyways, those films, and I guess the Direct to DVD or Disney Channel things are the only Disney attempts at CGI w/o Pixar. And I don't think any of those will stand the test of time like the Pixar films. To use baseball terminology, some Pixar films are home runs, some only singles, and the rest somewhere in between... but they have NEVER struck out in their 1st 15 years of feature films. I'm not sure what other creative group you could compare Pixar to, but as you see I use the Beatles as my avatar, and I truly think that the Pixar crew belongs in that same sort of rareified air.

ob1thx1138

Comments I have made in the past and regretted:

"A CG Movie about toys? That is going to be horrible"

"Toy Story was awesome but I think they are crazy if they think I am going to like a movie about monsters in the closet."

"I really liked Toy Story and Monsters Inc, but come on, a movie about a fish that is lost? That is just going to be sappy"

And the list goes on. So far I have doubted each and every movie they have released. Then I go to see it and love it. They have the formula down.

But yea I really can't see cars 2 being any good at all.

and so it continues.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom