carpets vs dumbo

Rodb

Original Poster
I like the dumbo ride, but it was very enjoyable doing the carpet ride with the added charm of the spitting camel. I knew about the camel at the outside of the attraction, but had no idea about the one while the ride is in the air. My son loved trying to raise and lower the ride to avoid the water.

cw1982

Given the choice between a water-spitting camel and the sentimentality of a ride from my childhood, I'd pick Dumbo any day. However, I can see kids who didn't grow up with Dumbo being the only option of the two preferring the camel.

I think either one is fine though, especially if you happen to be in the area and are looking for a way to kill a few minutes while waiting for the lines on something else to go down, a show time, etc.

AllyInWonderland

I think the new Dumbo looks really pretty
6832102948_7f4211f153_z.jpg

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Dumbo for nostalgia and the great lighting. Carpets for the views, larger capacity (double Dumbo helps), ability to control the carpet (a little bit) and the spitting camel.

FettFan

I'll take Astro Orbiter or Triceratops spin for the win! :p

Between Dumbo and Aladdin though... I say Dumbo. It is the original.

1. Dumbo
2. Astro-Orbiter
3. Aladdin
4. Triceratops

Seriously....TRICERATOPS? I might have more respect for it if they called it "Pteranodon Spin".
Since Pteranodons actually could...you know...
pteranodonSD.jpg

Or maybe if they put each of the trikes in a Sopwith Camel and deck them out with leather aviator helmets and goggles.
Sopwith_F-1_Camel_2_USAF.jpg
They could be hunting down the Rex Baron.

FettFan

Wow- lotsa love for the carpets. I am surprised!:jawdrop:

The issue isn't so much the carpets themselves....most of the hate I've seen directed towards them has been in the fact that it's really out of place. The rest of Adventureland has a tropical theme going for it. Polynesia, Caribbean, India and African jungles, etc.
And then right in the smack dab middle of it: Arabia.

It's more out of place than Monsters Inc in Tomorrowland.

tinkerblonde11

I'd say Dumbo. Whenever my family goes, Dumbo has always been a must-do once even if they line was long. Carpets we could skip over and no one was too upset.

AndyS2992

I'm going to be awkward and say the Astro-Orbiter is the best spinner since it is the highest, fastest, the rockets are tilted and half way through the ride G force kicks in and pushes you against the side of the rocket making it feel you are going to fly out and so it is a far more fun and thrilling experience.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
The best in Orlando is One Fish, Two
Fish at IOA. With that and Kang and Kodos, Uni actually managed to innovate the spinner ride.

My favorite at Disney, though, will HOPEFULLY be Astro Orbiter once the refurb is finished. You can't beat that view, but the tiny, cramped rockets ruin it. And you better pray the person at the bottom of the gantries knows what they're doing, or you may wind up riding two big adults per rocket. :mad:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom