1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Carowinds by Paramount, anyone else miss this?

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by KBLovesDisney, Nov 1, 2017.

1. KBLovesDisney

KBLovesDisney Well-Known Member

Not sure where else to post this, but nostalgia is hitting me quite hard today and not just on the Disney World that once was but also the Carowinds that once was as well.

IMHO, when Carowinds was owned by Paramount, the rides were well themed and the park felt more like a Universal side park.

My favorite ride was Top Gun (an oldie yes I know), but even the queue was rather nice with the theme from Top Gun playing or Danger Zone. When you got on the ride and were about to "take off" one of the Top Gun songs would pipe up and then you would zoom up the hill.

Yes, I know the ride itself is still there and Carowinds actually might be doing somewhat better today than it did before, but I miss this Carowinds.

Anyone else miss this side of Carowinds? What do you miss about it?

KentB3 likes this.
  2. KentB3

KentB3 Well-Known Member

UGH! I haven't been to Carowinds since 1993, so I don't know what to tell you! :(

KBLovesDisney likes this.
  3. KBLovesDisney

KBLovesDisney Well-Known Member Original Poster

It's changed a lot! Not bad though I have to admit. The last time I was there a couple years back it was doing amazingly. I am just missing the things of yesteryear.

KentB3 likes this.