Carousel of Progress exterior refurbishment

KikoKea

We've been to Disney enough that I now hope for the odd to happen. We've never repeated scenes or had issues on CoP, but would enjoy it. We now hope for ride evacs (we're odd).
Only ride we've been evac'd off is Goofy's rollercoaster. Our coaster stopped just short of the station- stepped right out onto the grass. Wouldn't mind seeing behind the scenes of Spaceship Earth, HM, or Pirates, for sure. :p

JWG

I got to go through Space Mountain with the lights on when I was 6. That was after sitting in the launch tunnel with the flashing blue lights for 45 minutes... I was with my dad and this was waaaaaaaay before cell phones so my mom was absolutely confused and concerned when we never seemed to get off the ride.

Mike S

I got to go through Space Mountain with the lights on when I was 6. That was after sitting in the launch tunnel with the flashing blue lights for 45 minutes... I was with my dad and this was waaaaaaaay before cell phones so my mom was absolutely confused and concerned when we never seemed to get off the ride.
I've seen Space Mountain with the lights on from the PeopleMover.

I've also been evacuated off of Tower of Terror in the last room before unload. Very cool.

KikoKea

Lucky! That never happened to me. Also, when did the People Mover show Space Mountain?
Part of the Peoplemover ride is through Space Mountain, at the lift hill with the spaceship and astronauts. Very dark, so if your eyes are not accustomed to the dark, it can be hard to see. You also circle part of SM inside- you can hear the coaster (and screams) and can see the 'shooting star' type of lights.

VIPguide_2030

The problem with that is that "now is the time" was not the Worlds Fair Theme. It was "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow". Now is the time was used when CoP was moved from DL to WDW because of the insistence of GE. NITT was the first one that I heard too and although I like it better then GBBT, GBBT is a great song as well, and I can live with it. An updated final scene would just throw the balance off and it isn't necessary. If anything they should change it back to the original.
Since I am very open minded I am ok with switching this around per your recommendation.

RobidaFlats

Part of the Peoplemover ride is through Space Mountain, at the lift hill with the spaceship and astronauts. Very dark, so if your eyes are not accustomed to the dark, it can be hard to see. You also circle part of SM inside- you can hear the coaster (and screams) and can see the 'shooting star' type of lights.

There was also a time when you could see a lot more while circling around the loading areas. You could look down and see parts of the queue as well as look over to see some of the track. I forget what year they changed it, but I'm sure some of the history buffs around here know the date.

Mike S

Believe it or not, the animatronics and lighting inside have been getting some TLC over the last few months. Now the COP needs audio upgrades and a new final scene.
And the scrims that hide the rotating scenes on the sides? They've been all droopy and don't serve their purpose of hiding what's going on until the show lights come on for the longest time.

wdizneew

Believe it or not, the animatronics and lighting inside have been getting some TLC over the last few months. Now the COP needs audio upgrades and a new final scene.

Can the audio upgrade also include removing the TV audio system?
DSC06452.JPG

It's been annoying the heck out of me seeing a brand new flat panel TV sandwiched between concert sized speakers...

DlpPhantom

There was also a time when you could see a lot more while circling around the loading areas. You could look down and see parts of the queue as well as look over to see some of the track. I forget what year they changed it, but I'm sure some of the history buffs around here know the date.
I believe it was covered up in the 2009 refurbishment. Also COP's outside looks fantastic.

Bocabear

the last remodel for Space Mountain in 2009 enclosed the ceiling over the queue area...which blocked almost all view of anything from the Peoplemover...Also the old ride vehicles prior to the remodel had glowing graphics...so it made the vehicles visible in the darkness...it was very cool. I wish they would add some scenery specifically for the peoplemover...not just happenstance. exrtend some of the starfield show lighting to play directly to the peoplemover...so we actually get the feeling of flying through space... especially now that there is nothing else to look at....

KikoKea

the last remodel for Space Mountain in 2009 enclosed the ceiling over the queue area...which blocked almost all view of anything from the Peoplemover...Also the old ride vehicles prior to the remodel had glowing graphics...so it made the vehicles visible in the darkness...it was very cool. I wish they would add some scenery specifically for the peoplemover...not just happenstance. exrtend some of the starfield show lighting to play directly to the peoplemover...so we actually get the feeling of flying through space... especially now that there is nothing else to look at....
True. I love the TTA and it is one of favorites, but I wish there was a bit more going on. Maybe posters for the appropriate attractions here and there on the blank walls, black lights in the dark tunnels, and a star field in SM would be fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom