Carousel of Progress closed for refurbishment today

Sunshine041213

Yep. Last night, DH barely got through the door and said hello to me and DS before telling me COP is closed today for "Tomorrowland" filming. Which, I didn't understand him really telling me about it because he's at Space today (and apparently short-staffed) but whatever.

Goofyernmost

I heard that they had to close it down for a day because the damn oven in the final scene actually cooked the Turkey to perfection. It realized that the Father, as is usually depicted, was dumber then a bucket of rocks and although it echoed his words, it ignored them and cooked it properly leaving the family without the opportunity to ridicule dad, again! The oven will be removed and sent to Universal where it will live in virtual seclusion in the jungles of Jurassic Park.

P.S. It has been replace with a more disciplined oven that will follow directions. Let that be a lesson to all high tech ovens everywhere. Unless your name is Hal, you will follow orders.

novawildcat18

It is certainly not down for refurbishment:

BYzsBQdIAAAH9fm.jpg:large

Picture was posted by @aimster_17 on twitter and then retweeted by Ricky @InsideTheMagic

ABQ

Well those folks sure do look better dressed than actual guests. I never want to wear polyester pants, but it looks better than sweats and sleeveless t-shirts.

Scuttle

I'd rather have the 60's ending remain on this attraction than any other ending, restore it please!
This is what I've always thought as well. Why must we have to update the final scene every decade or so, let's just leave it as Walt intended the ride. And that is a depiction of the American family going through time. Why must we have to have an updated scene with an 80 year gap!? Dont give me that museum excuse. I think in a land billed as tomorrow land it's perfectly fine to look '' back'' on how a family moved through time and enjoyed new inventions. Let's leave it exactly how it was suppose to be.

PS. just mho

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom