Carousel of Progress audio issues

djkidkaz

Original Poster
So I've ridden the COP twice in the past week and noticed that the music that plays right as each scene starts is turned up so loud you can almost not hear the audio coming from the main character John until almost a minute or two into the scene. Its very distracting!

There also seems to be a new table next to John in one of the first scenes with flowers and a card with the name Sara written on it.

PREMiERdrum

Same issues were prevalent during our trip in early April. A CM was notified upon exit.

The into and scene 1 were fine, but the audio for 2, 3, and 4 was awful. Music was way too loud and most of the dialogue was too low. There was also a bad connection in a SL speaker in scene 2.

longsaber

I recall about a year ago John would turn his head and by doing so the skin around his neck would become detached, to the point where you could actually see wires and metal components underneath.

ZodIsGr8

I love COP but it needs a complete refurb,with some new scenes.If they would invest some time and money it could be great again.
Update the last scene with today's technology, etc, but you have to leave the other 3 scenes alone. I mentioned in an earlier post that i would not mind the background scene on the last scene to go back to the EPCOT Progress City model that used to be there. I love this ride and would hate to see too much change. My fear about updating scenes is that you would have to bring in a whole new cast to do the voices or at least i think you would have to, but i may be wrong on that.

Communicore

Everything should be remodeled back to their 1964 incarnation. None of that Virtual Boy with a flat screen TV. That TV used to be a projection TV. I wonder if that's in the Walt Disney Museum.

jessfriends

I noticed the audio issue back in October. I hope the refurb fixes that. I know its a short one but they need to at least do that along with new carpet/seats.

Kman101

Wow, the audio has been an issue for at least six months? I really want to 'ride' it when I finally hit the parks again (after a long absence) on 5/6 but I don't know that I want to see it in such a poor state.

jdmdisney99

When I was there and rode it I noticed this also. The ride is simply in terrible shape. It kills me to say this, but it just needs put out of misery if they won't update it. Multiple effects and cues were broken, the animatronics need maintenance, the audio was completely out of whack, and everything else was just off. I'd rather they donate it to the Walt Disney Family Museum then let it rot.

djkidkaz

Original Poster
Yeah I think it should go back to the original. It's very jarring that you go from like 1950 to 2000 in the last two scenes.

RubyLee

Yeah I think it should go back to the original. It's very jarring that you go from like 1950 to 2000 in the last two scenes.
At least this way if it's neglected for years again it won't show as much! :) If an updated future scene can't be added (the current one could represent the 80s or something to transition from the 50s), it does make more sense for Carousel to return to the original(ish) scenes!
My heart sinks every time I read anything involving CoP. I wish it would get shined like the gem it is instead if spit on like the concrete around it.
Me too! I'm always afraid it's going to close!!

barnett

So I've ridden the COP twice in the past week and noticed that the music that plays right as each scene starts is turned up so loud you can almost not hear the audio coming from the main character John until almost a minute or two into the scene. Its very distracting!

There also seems to be a new table next to John in one of the first scenes with flowers and a card with the name Sara written on it.
Each scene runs through the seasons - the card is for Valentine's Day; later it's a pumpkin to indicate fall; Christmas in the last scene. It's not original but has been there for many years - less than 10, more than 5.

rct247

It's been like that for a while and is worse if you are sitting in the back two rows. The front isn't as bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom