Carousel of Progress and Meet the Robinsons

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Indeed... It's their idea of Rebuilding Tomorrowland... (Idiots
011.gif
)
Don`t they realise yet it wasn`t broken to begin with? That it was rebuilt, and very well done too? It all went down hill when they began to listen to the misguided complaints about AE from the minority who ignored all the warnings.

The company then said themselves that Timekeeper was under used due in large part it not being well enough signed and having a not big enough (in a show sense) entrance area.

Tomorrowland in the summer of 1995.... possibly the best one WDW will ever have. Unless you visited in July 1975 :lol:

dxwwf3

Tomorrowland in the summer of 1995.... possibly the best one WDW will ever have.

Truer words have not been spoken

Best time period I've ever experienced, followed CLOSELY by a 82-93 Future World. Tomorrowland is now just another land to me.

Tim G

It only has to do with moronic management... far, far away in Burbank...

We never wanted this to happen, I know, "old school" is over, but in this is way???
004.gif

Tey will agree with me after a while, maybe after 5 or 10 years... but then it'll probably be too late...

Rebuilding tommoroland... will never happen the way it was meant to be...

But who am I, I'm just an old dreamer... :lookaroun

dxwwf3

It only has to do with moronic management... far, far away in Burbank...

We never wanted this to happen, I know, "old school" is over, but in this is way???
004.gif

Tey will agree with me after a while, maybe after 5 or 10 years... but then it'll probably be too late...

Rebuilding tommoroland... will never happen the way it was meant to be...

But who am I, I'm just an old dreamer... :lookaroun

I think this brings up a good point. As I said before, I'm a huge fan of Epcot Center Future World and I doubt that I'll ever like any future incarnation of that area any more than the original. With that said, I LOVE what they did in the mid 90's and what they are still doing today.

Tomorrowland 2007 is NOT Future World 2005. Not even close.

FigmentJedi

Go somewhere else with these flash in the pan new movie attraction. Perhaps create an entirely new 5th park just for them. Otherwise, I'll have to cancell my June trip to Walt Disney World of Pixar.

Now you see, it's talk like that which really annoys me. People who think that it's a travesty to put Disney characters in *gasp* a Disney park.
Like it or not, some of these recent movies can actually fit within some of the established locations of the parks. Of course, there are obviously movie attractions that are either poorly placed and often poorly executed. Laugh Floor and Stitch instantly come to mind. With Tommorowland's whole shift to science fiction, Stitch actually can fit in, but the way they put him in was a rather crap one(Stitch Encounter at HKDL on the other hand, is far superior and could actually add to the whole transportation hub/World on the Move aspect of Tommorowland, considering it's setting in Tommorowland's Transportation Hub)
For all those times people say that movie attractions should just be shoved into MGM, I'd agree with them on Monsters Inc. The thing is that you can't just shove everything into there with no thought put into it. The attractions in MGM all tend to have one thing in common: being placed in the context of the movie-making process/Entertainment biz or in the (now ruined by hat) Hollywood that never was theme. As a Comedy Club theme, Laugh Floor would work fine in MGM. It could even get rid of Sounds Dangerous and there we go.
For all the people who say that animated films should just be limited to Fantasyland (speaking more of Disneyland here), you've got to realize that not all animated movies can fit in the Fantasyland theme(European Fairy Tales and the general fantasy fair feel). The reason that Fantasyland consisted of the animated films early on in the game,if you think about it, is that the animated films at the time mostly all could fit into Fantasyland's theme, though package film segments such as Pecos Bill and Fantasia's Rite of Spring managed to find their way into Frontierland and the Primeval World diorama respectively. Jungle Book was really the first deviation from that, being in more of the Adventureland feel. It didn't go much beyond that really until the 90's when more Adventureland-ish stuff came out more frequently(in addition to more Fantasyland fitting material). Then they started abusing the Sci-Fi genre starting with Atlantis and considering the sci-fi direction Tommorowland went into, that's when the whole "Fantasyland East" talk started and where we are today. Though unlike Stitch, Buzz, or Monsters, Meet the Robinsons actually takes place in the damn future, thus actually fitting into the original freaking point of Tommorowland as predicting the future rather then just a place for Disney's science-fiction stuff(though Treasure Planet and Atlantis would also fit this, though more into the Discoveryland setup Paris has got)

Then theres Pixar's popularity leading to more in-park representation making people go all "ZOMG! Nemo's gone into a pavilion based on sealife and coral reef environments. Pixar's taking over Epcot with a SINGLE pavilion!"
"ZOMG! Two Pixar movies took over a single building complex in WDW's Tommorowland while over half of the whole area remains the way it is! More liek Pixarland, M I RITE?"
"ZOMG! They're reviving the subs ride by putting Nemo in with talks of Incredibles Peoplemover revival to be coming after! Tommorowland's becoming a Computer Generated World on the Move!"
"ZOMG! California Adventure and Disney Studios Paris are being over run with Pixar based attractions! No wait, that's actually somewhat of an improvement..."
I can go on and on about this. And I'm not saying this about all purists, I just want to post my arguments and be funny at the same time. As for the whole character thing, despite my support of characters in the parks, I'd also like to see some original material in the parks too. At least strike a decent balance between the two.

FigmentJedi

:rolleyes: Yeah, figured as much that the one who says everybody's overreacting about something is seen as someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.
And again, it's not like I want to see movie based attractions for the sake of them, but at least being placed into a sensible location and in cases of the overlays at Epcot, done in a tasteful way.
And apply that same rule to original stuff. High quality, wide appeal and placement actually thought out.

Thorphin

I'm not sure about the Tomorrowland Dark Ride, and I've never heard of a Lion King or Beauty and the Beast Ride, but I do know that they had originally planned to make a Little Mermaid Dark Ride because the new Little Mermaid DVD revealed that, and you could even ride the ride in the DVD. The ride looked awesome, and would be an immediate favorite, but their excuse was it just never happened.

Hmmm.... I have the Little Mermaid DVD, but haven't seen the information you're mentioning here. Where on the set can I find this info? I assume you are talking about the two disc set released... last year?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Hmmm.... I have the Little Mermaid DVD, but haven't seen the information you're mentioning here. Where on the set can I find this info? I assume you are talking about the two disc set released... last year?
Yep. it`s on Disc two. A very informative multi angle controlled ridethru. If in doubt it mentions it on the back of the box.

And yes, I now have 2 DVDs of the film just for this one little docu....

majortom1981

hmm. I guess I will have to ride Cop a whole bunch of times in july.

I dont mind revamping the ride but compeltely getting ride of it and changing it?

I know walt disney was all for change but they are slowly changign what the parks were supposed to be about. (go ahead and bash me if you want)

GoofyDadKB

Missing my mind...
Premium Member
Idea

If they want to replace something with Meet The Robinson's, how about Sitch's Great Mistake. If not, then I pray they come up with a better idea for Stitch. Great character - Lousy ride.

Southern Lady

Corrus is so correct. I first saw COP at the New York's World Fair. I was impressed then, and I love to "remember" just how far the America "know how" has evolved. Keep it working, and change the last scene as technowledge changes. We forget the past history too much as it is. That is why I go back to WDW time and time again. It is magical.

DizFanatic

Corrus is so correct. I first saw COP at the New York's World Fair. I was impressed then, and I love to "remember" just how far the America "know how" has evolved. Keep it working, and change the last scene as technowledge changes. We forget the past history too much as it is. That is why I go back to WDW time and time again. It is magical.
My feeling exactly:sohappy: (Although I wasn't at 64 WF)

Nemo14

I saw it there too, and I totally agree with you - technology has come so far, and this, if done right, only serves to remind us of the fact that we're all on the same journey.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom