Carosel of Progress to be removed and moved to the Walt Disney Family Mueseum

DisneyWorldDork

Original Poster
So i was chatting with a friend the other day and she said that she heard that The CoP would be removed from the MK and moved to the Walt Disney Family Museum. I really hope this doesnt happen cause It is really the only ride in WDW that Walt had something to do with.

So I am really hoping some can put this rumor to rest for me.

Figment632

So i was chatting with a friend the other day and she said that she heard that The CoP would be removed from the MK and moved to the Walt Disney Family Museum. I really hope this doesnt happen cause It is really the only ride in WDW that Walt had something to do with.

So I am really hoping some can put this rumor to rest for me.

It is 100% false :wave:

draybook

Not to mention that he had everything to do with IASW and Pirates, as well as most of Fantasyland and Main Street(pre-WalMart). I'm sure there's more.

DisneyWorldDork

Original Poster
Thats exactly what I was thinking, I mean I could see it happening but I am sure that they would only move it if they knew for a fact what would be taking it's place

Wilt Dasney

Not to mention that he had everything to do with IASW and Pirates, as well as most of Fantasyland and Main Street(pre-WalMart). I'm sure there's more.
Walt Disney didn't personally work with those ideas in WDW, though...at least not beyond the design phase. And he wouldn't even have done design on WDW's Pirates, since it wasn't planned to be included until guests started asking for it after opening.

Carousel of Progress is indeed one of the only parts of WDW that the man himself worked on from start to finish. (Probably the only part, but I don't want to be that absolute and have someone come along and point out something else on property that fits the bill.) :lol:

Figment632

Ok now that would just be stupid, where would they put it in there?

Im not sure but it makes perfect sence to be in DCA and fits better there than TL in WDW. When DCA is done being rethemed it is supposed to be Walts park. The front of the park will be themed to look like LA when Walt arrived in the 20's.

Also the are retheming the Swings to Silly Synphony swings and doing the Night time show World of Color. COP would be a great addition to DCA.

devoy1701

Ok now that would just be stupid, where would they put it in there?

Im not sure but it makes perfect sence to be in DCA and fits better there than TL in WDW. When DCA is done being rethemed it is supposed to be Walts park. The front of the park will be themed to look like LA when Walt arrived in the 20's.

Also the are retheming the Swings to Silly Synphony swings and doing the Night time show World of Color. COP would be a great addition to DCA.

Exactly... the retheming of DCA is to make it Walt Disney's California Adventure...essentially showcasing his time and accomplishments when he came to California. Although I doubt CoP will be moved there...thematically it would make great sense!

EDIT: I just wanted to clarify that I don't know if the park is in for a name change to Walt Disney's California Adventure...I just put it like that in the post to enphasize the point that they're trying to make with this rebranding of the theme park.

Figment632

Exactly... the retheming of DCA is to make it Walt Disney's California Adventure...essentially showcasing his time and accomplishments when he came to California. Although I doubt CoP will be moved there...thematically it would make great sense!

Oh you are correct this never really came close to happening but I was told it was at least talked about. But they would have to build a new building and it would to be unrealistic.

devoy1701

This thread title made me extremely nervous for a couple of seconds. :lol:

I thought it was a hoax at first because I had just finished reading the Tron Attraction thread...was about to say seriously!?!?! Steve mentions possibly moving CoP down the road if they decide to use that corner of TL for something else and a thread pops up!

anyway. I don't think there is anything wrong with the idea of CoP eventually making its way to the Disney Family Museum. It was one of Walt's favorite attractions, and that is far better than it just being demolished one day. And there is no rule that says Museums have to be paintings and other forms of static displays.

I would just hate it if they moved my sacred CoP away from me! That might be the ultimate nail in the coffin for me moving out to Cali! (GF and I are trying to find reasons for NOT liking CA....)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom