Caribbean Beach vs Coronado Springs

suzie

Is there a difference between the two. I would go for Caribbean Beach but I also like Coronado Springs.

Can I have your opinion on those two resorts please.

Thanks

TTATraveler

I have never stayed at Coronado but it is very spread out like Caribbean Beach. Coronado has convention facilities and the food court there operates differently from all the others. They automatically tack on a gratuity (not sure of the percentage) to your tab. I believe Coronado's table service restaurant is open for breakfast, where Caribbean Beach's isn't.

I have seen pictures of Coronado and don't really care for the theming. I like the bright colors and tropical feel of Caribbean Beach. I have also stayed at Caribbean Beach multiple times and haven't had any problems.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

We are going for our first visit to Coronado this winter. The kids are looking forward to the water areas..they look fun. But I didn't like the idea of an added tip and called to get that clarified. It is added unless you take your order "to go" then they waive the tip. We usually stay at values and like the ease of that food court. But no matter...we're going to Disney and thats all that really matters.

Upvote 0

bhg469

We are going for our first visit to Coronado this winter. The kids are looking forward to the water areas..they look fun. But I didn't like the idea of an added tip and called to get that clarified. It is added unless you take your order "to go" then they waive the tip. We usually stay at values and like the ease of that food court. But no matter...we're going to Disney and thats all that really matters.

The tip is only added if you eat your food there. I just take mine to go and problem is solved. The pepper market (the food court) is really one of the best of them all. THe variety of the food there is excellent. The transportation at coronado is also hands down the best of any resort. I stayed at both and have to say that caribbean was very crowded. The pool and slide at coronado was also really nice. Better than some deluxe resorts.

No matter where you pick have a great time.

Upvote 0

TikiBeckie

Coronado is my favorite resort, we love the theming and layout, and we do not eat often at the resort so we don't find that part annoying, though the times I have eaten there it has been good, but the set up is annoying!!!

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I have stayed at both resorts and I love them both. They both have great theming. There are many things about the coronado that we did like better than Caribbean. What we liked about the coronado was: the pool, the bus service, the food at the Pepper market (just get food to go and eat it in the bar area), and the lounge at night with free chips and salsa. The Caribbean has more of a tropical atmosphere, and more storage in the room. But we always thought the bus service was slow. Both are a great choice but I think the Coronado edges the Caribbean a little.

Upvote 0

LizziePooh

I've stayed at both resorts, and even though they are very similar, I prefer Caribbean Beach. Coronado Springs is enormous because of that huge lake in the middle, and I just got tired of all walking by the end of the trip. On the other hand, Coronado Springs was built about 10 years after Caribbean Beach, so in a way it's a "newer" resort. Caribbean Beach seems more outdated. I guess it really depends on what you are looking for. :wave:

Upvote 0

Rinx

Fact: Coronado Springs was recently rated with the worst room quality in WDW.
I've stayed once at CB. Very well worth it.

Upvote 0

TTFN-Tiggger

I have not stayed at CS however had stayed at CB many times. Never had a problem. It was actually the first Disney resort that I stayed at. I love the theming and beach feel there. I perference for rooms is Jamicia or Aruba. Close to the bridge for a nice walk to Old Port Royale for any on site meals and such.

Upvote 0

MKCP 1985

Well, they didn't interview me. LOL

Young kids? Go to Caribbean Beach I guess. There are more kids to frolic with at the pool.

Teens or no kids? Coronado Springs.

Want a spa? Coronado Springs.

Want a newer resort? Coronado Springs.

I would NEVER stay at Caribbean Beach if a comparable room was available at Coronado Springs.

:D

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Did the unofficial guide give reasons as to why they rated CS the worst room quality at WDW? I am just curious, as we are going to be at CS for our first time Dec. 22-Jan 1st w/a group of 12. Kids ranging from 5-16. We've stayed at all of the All Stars/Pop Century and Old Key West but never at CS. But I am curious the "room quality" being the worst...I'd like to know why they rated it that way...esp. out of all of WDW including the values...sounds to be like something is skewed.

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
My guess for the rating would be that there is less storage space at the Coronado than CBR. Otherwise to me they seem almost the same size and same other ammentities.

Upvote 0

3IAlienKid

I love both resorts, and I feel you can't go wrong with either, but in the end I think the Coronado edges out the Caribbean. Specifically, I like the Casitas section of the Coronado better than the Jamaica section of the Caribbean - those were the 2 areas I've roommed in.

I love Jamaica's color scheme, & the landscaping is very relaxing. Jamaica is just a short pleasant walk across the bridge to the island in the middle of the lake to get to Old Port Royale.

On the other hand, someone mentioned the Coronado is newer, and it shows. I also prefer the architecture at the Coronado main building better than Old Port Royale at the Caribbean. I admit, I don't like the Cabanas and Ranchos sections of Coronado as much as the Caribbean as a whole, but the Casitas section at the Coronado is nice and understated with a lot of great looking fountains in the various courtyards. The Dig Site is a better pool, and Panchito's is the biggest general store of any Disney hotel.

I don't know why room quality would have been rated the lowest for a moderate resort in the Unofficial Guide (a tourbook I generally trust). Personally, I preferred the Coronado's rooms to the Caribbean's.

Upvote 0

J76

We stayed at Coronado back in '99. Although we loved the Pepper Market, the staff, and the theme; we felt the hotel was just a basic hotel room, no Disney pizzazz.

If I have to chose between basic hotel rooms give me All Stars anyday.

Upvote 0

Disney MDACK

I have stayed at the CB the last three years and going back again this Oct. So needless to say I enjoy my time there. The food court has more than enough choices. We like to get fruit and juice there the mornings we don't do a character breakfast. The main pool is ok. I like the small private pools throughout the motel better. Just make sure your next to old port royale (the food court) or else it will be a hike. Hoping to stay at the AKL next year, but for the moderate type of resorts we like it the best.

Upvote 0

Lauriebar

Here's another cheer for Coronado Springs! The Mayan Pyramid pool and dig site playground is our favorite pool at WDW. The central location of the restaurants and check-in/out, guest services area is very convenient. While it is a large, spread out resort it doesn't take long to get where you are going if you figure out how to use the back ways.

Finally, the bus system at CS is very efficient and quickly gets you where you are going without a million stops.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom