Caribbean Beach vs Coronado Springs

suzie

Is there a difference between the two. I would go for Caribbean Beach but I also like Coronado Springs.

Can I have your opinion on those two resorts please.

Thanks

We hated Coronado Springs. It was way too spread out. The prices seem to be way higher to eat there than any other place in wdw plus they add on a tip for doing nothing but seating you. There is no disney theme to it and is always full of different large groups because of the convention center.

CBR is our favorite and you should def stay there. Better atmosphere and food selection. The CMs are very accomodating there also. The rooms are really nice compared to Coronado

Upvote 0

marypoppins68

The rooms are slightly smaller at Coronado, and Coronado has only 1 sink whereas Caribbean has 2 sinks. However, having stayed at both, I would choose Coronado Springs over the Caribbean any day. You only pay the gratuity if you eat there, but the CM's do find a table for you and take away your dirty plates. They also get your drinks so I feel the 10% extra is worth it. The bus service is excellent! Some of the rooms are spread out but when we were there in May we saw CM's in golf carts driving people to and from the Food Court. I even got to ride in one a couple of times.

Upvote 0

Mia319

we've stayed at both, and loved both! but i liked coronado a little bit more because:

1. i think the main pool theme at coronado is a little cooler than at caribbean.

2. the pepper market is AWESOME at coronado, way better food selection than at caribbean.

oh i forgot one cool thing about caribbean though, in their gift shop, you can buy a coconut and mail it to your friends at home!!! that was so neat!

Upvote 0

Disneyfanman

We stayed at the CB last year and were disappointed in the accomodations. The rooms were clean but very dated, and the air conditioners were very loud. I guess that 140 bucks a night doesn't get as much at Disney resorts. People have told me that the other moderates are newer, but smaller in size. CB needs to refurbish their rooms. The food court on the other hand was outstanding and fun. Bright and colorful, with plenty of food choices. I noticed that a lot of people seemed to be repeat visitors so maybe my experience with the room was unusual. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to assist with anything we needed. I wouldn't go back their only because of the rooms though. I chose the resort based on internet feedback. When I went back and looked though, everyone said that the one and only bad thing was the dated decor and loud ACs.

Upvote 0

Marge10369

After staying at only deluxe resorts we "discovered" the CSR and it has become our resort of choice. Love the Pepper Market, Maya and the over all beauty of the resort, the CM's have always bent over backwards to make our stay great and we have gotten plenty of towel animals. Have stayed in October, May and December and have never been bothered by conventions. Will someone please answer me this? If all the resorts have themes = Poly - the islands - POFQ - New Orleans - Animal Kingdom - explains it's self - WL the Northwest - Caribbean - also explains it's self and the CSR - Soutwest - other than the Values that have the great big Disney icons that delight children (and me) what is the Disney "magic" at the other resorts? Is it because CSR has the word "convention" in its name. :confused: Do people realize that when you go on the Disney Convention and Event sight that the GF, Boardwalk, CS, Yatch and Beach Club and the CSR are all convention resorts. So what's up? By the way after this little rant I really believe resort likes and dislikes are personel taste.:)

Upvote 0

KKnopf

thanks for the tips about the gratuities at the food court… I was not aware of this. We are staying here the first week in December. We have stayed at Caribbean beach twice, and All Stars once, and the two most important things to the kids are towel animals and the pool… and Caribbean beach let them down with the towel animals… we never received any, nor did the teddy bears get arranged, in any special way. The kids left special designed envelopes everyday with a tip, but no surprises when we got to the room, at all stars we had a “surprise” every day! The pool at <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:pCoronado</ST1:p</st1:City> looks great we asked for cabanas building 8a near the pool. I hope we will not be disappointed.

Upvote 0

suzie

Original Poster
Thanks for all your comments.

We went to Pop Century middle of August and we did not have any animals made out of towels or anything magical in our room.

Guess it depends on the mousekeeper. Maybe she didn't know how to make them???????????

Upvote 0

Dwarful

We've stay a lot at the values and have never had the towel animals. We are going to CSR 12/22- 01/01. I think we are going for Cabanas 8A. KKnopf, you'll have to let us know how it was when you get back. We can't wait!! The kids are hyped about the pool.

Upvote 0

lentesta

Premium Member
Hi folks,

The 2007 edition of the Unofficial Guide gives Coronado Springs a B+ rating on things like soundproofing, lighting, and bedding. Caribbean Beach gets a B.

For overall room quality, Caribbean Beach gets an 80 and Coronado gets an 83. (Caribbean Beach still has those old school, noisy air conditioning units, and that's probably most of the differennce between the two). Those might be the two lowest scores for moderates, but no moderate got above an 84, so they're all ballpark.

Having stayed at every moderate in the last 12 months, I like Caribbean Beach's food court best. Coronado's got the best rooms. French Quarter's got the best atmosphere, and Riverside the best pool.

Hope this helps.

Len

Upvote 0

Rosenrot

I've been to Coronodo Springs, and it was a very, very nice resort to stay at...

...but this year, we're trying out Caribbean Beach xD So I suppose I could tell you after I get back, but that won't be until almost December, lol, so I'm not very much help.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom