Caribbean Beach vs. Coronado Springs

Goofy6294

So my wife's boss recommends that she attend a conference at WDW this summer on the company's dime. After wiping the huge grin off of my face, I turn to the serious business of trip planning:sohappy:. We have two options: CBR or CSR. Having never stayed at either, let the advice commence!!

Edit - More info - we will have three kids with us, ages 9, 5 and 9 mos

Thanks!

MKCP 1985

Having stayed at both, my choice would be Coronado Springs. Better rooms and better night time entertainment/dining options.

If you are there without kids, Coronado Springs is an even better choice.

Upvote 0

trs518

I've stayed at both and my family prefers CBR. The food is slightly better at CSR and they have queen beds, but the theming and pool (good kids area and two slides in the main pool) are better at CBR. We loved staying in the Jamaica section and walking across the island.

Transportation is about the same.

Upvote 0

bethymouse

CBR w/ kids!

The themed pool is nice w/ a pirate pool area for little ones.:wave: You can see EPCOT's fireworks from the beach.:wave: There are large fish and turtles to feed when crossing the bridge to the main building. Beware that check-in is in a completely different area. it is a large resort, but it has pirate-themed rooms that are exciting for kids!:) Good luck w/ your choice!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Freshee61

Given the choices I would stay at coronado springs. They have a g
GREAT food court and a good resturants and cool pool. They have queen beds and the decor nice. The place is large but so is carribean beach. I find Coronado easier to maneuver. And just food for thought years ago coronado used be the cheapest priced moderate and now its the most expensive ... People caught on;)

Upvote 0

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
CSR. -Pepper Market Food Court is soooooo good. It's also close to the McDonalds if you get home from a park late and are still hungry. I wish there were more/any "late night" food options at resorts. I can't stand going to sleep on an empty stomach after walking around all day.

Upvote 0

Goofy6294

Original Poster
Having stayed at both, my choice would be Coronado Springs. Better rooms and better night time entertainment/dining options.

If you are there without kids, Coronado Springs is an even better choice.

Thanks, but three young children = no nighttime entertainment:(

I've stayed at both and my family prefers CBR. The food is slightly better at CSR and they have queen beds, but the theming and pool (good kids area and two slides in the main pool) are better at CBR. We loved staying in the Jamaica section and walking across the island.

Transportation is about the same.

Looking a pics, I tend to agree with you on the theming for the kids, but just slightly, that Mayan pyramid looks pretty cool...

CSR has 4 bus stops ...

CBR has 7 bus stops ...

How much time do you want to be on a bus???

As little as possible, but we'll probably be driving so we'll just be using the bus for MK.

The themed pool is nice w/ a pirate pool area for little ones.:wave: You can see EPCOT's fireworks from the beach.:wave: There are large fish and turtles to feed when crossing the bridge to the main building. Beware that check-in is in a completely different area. it is a large resort, but it has pirate-themed rooms that are exciting for kids!:) Good luck w/ your choice!:sohappy:

Great tips...thanks!

Well...as it stands now, I'm leaning towards CBR. Since we'll likely have a vehicle, the buses and size of the resorts shouldn't be that big of an issue. Also, with the two older children being boys, I'm think they would really enjoy a pirate-themed room! The pools are close to a draw, but since we've stayed at the CR the last couple of trips, any pool theming is an upgrade from that!

Any tips for using a vehicle at these resorts?

Upvote 0

emcclay

CSR-queen beds, privacy doors to block off the bathroom area from the rest of the room, lovely grounds and theme, great food, pools, deluxe h2o amenities.

CBR just looks cheap to me :shrug:

Upvote 0

epcotfan

The theming at CSR is lovely. The main pool area is great for kids. The slide is very long (passes under a waterfall). There is a uniquely themed kids playground at the main pool along with an indoor video game room. Unless you have little kids that can't swim, I'd say the zero entry kiddie pool at CBR is better. Otherwise I'd choose the CSR Digsite pool any day.
As for bus service, CSR wins hands down. Only 4 stops and due to conventions the buses aren't nearly as crowded as the other mod buses.

In terms of food there is more selection at CSR. You have the Pepper Market with lots of variety. You also have Rix Express for grab and go hot and cold items. The Maya Grill is a decent restaurant for steaks, etc...
CSR is situated at an ideal point on the WDW property. It is the most central to all the theme parks.
(I've stayed at CBR 5 times and CSR 5 times and I prefer CSR!) :D

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Caribbean Beach is my preference, easily.

At CBR or CSR, both are RESORTS, spread out over beautifully landscaped grounds. I say you park the car and LEAVE IT. Explore, walk around, enjoy!

Part of the fun of Caribbean Beach is walking through the lush landscape on the shores of Barefoot Bay, and walking through the island en route to the food court/main pool. I imagine Coronado is the same.

Do not drive to the main places.

Being you are leaning towards Caribbean Beach, I highly suggest you request a room in Aruba or Jamaica, as close to the footbridge as possible. It is not a "premium-price" location, but is in an incredibly convenient spot to really appreciate the allure of the tropical islands.

Be warned that the pirate rooms are in Trinidad South, easily the farthest walk from the main pool/food court. I would pass up the pirate rooms and stay in the area I mentioned above.

Upvote 0

Goofy6294

Original Poster
Ugh!!!!

So after spending some time researching the two resorts, I get an email from the wife today...."The conference is next summer. Oops!":brick:

I'll be sure to revive this post NEXT April:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom