Caribbean Beach "reviews"

Raeskull

I CAN'T check Trip Advisor - It falls into the Reader-Submitted trap that every review is "My kids loved it! 5*" and "A moldy rathole! 1*"
I'd rather check veteran Disney fans who've been to other Disney resorts and can compare qualitatively.

(Especially Caribbean Beach, which tends to suffer from outsider non-fan hyperbole more than most.)
I take all the reviews with a pinch of salt. I only meant for you to look at other peoples photos as this might help you make a decision. And itsnot only outside non-fans that seem to dislike it. Cbr seems to be the one resort that people have very strong views on, myself probaly included. I cant help it I love it but then again where i live isnt exactly sunshine, beaches and palmtrees.

daisyduckie

I'm not a huge fan of CBR. I would probably stay at any other moderate before returning to CBR. POFQ is nice and small, and very pretty. POR is large but feels very peaceful (unless Yehaw Bob is on the piano!). CBR is just huge.

acishere

Like others said before me, the CBR rooms have double beds instead of queens. Honestly to upgrade from the value resorts I expect my room to be better for the price. That includes a bigger bed.

The room designs are also not my favorite, but that is more a personal preference.

I would recommend either Port Orleans resort. POR is my favorite. It is just a very relaxing environment and feels like a resort version of Tom Sawyer Island. POFQ is smaller and easier to navigate than the other mods and has beautiful resort grounds as well.

danpam1024

It sucks. stay elsewhere. anywhere.

In all seriousness I've spoke to the suckiness that is CBR in length. You can do a search on "CBR?" and probably find a comment or two from me.

If you're looking to save a buck do a value instead.
If you wan't to do the moderate resort thing, do anything BUT the CBR -
My suggestion (as MANY around here will or have told you -- Stay at one of the 2 PO resorts, both tops in the moderate category, for different reasons.
don't hold back now!:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

SagamoreBeach

Just like food, style, etc...it is all very subjective since we all have different tastes, likes/dislikes. I stayed at the CBR this past March and thought it was great. Would I stay there again? Probably not. For the money I enjoyed All Star Music just as much and would rather save the $$$. I wouldn't dissuade anyone from staying there because it is a really beautiful resort and rather expansive. The hot tub is a really nice treat after walking around the parks all day. I also had a car so I drove to the food court. I only walked there once. LOL! Hey!...I'm on vacation, after all!

MasterJedi

IMO. You are better off doing one of 3 things. Pay for a value. Pay for a deluxe. Lastly, rent DVC points. Renting DVC points allows you to stay at a nice deluxe while still paying close to the value of a moderate. I stayed at the CBR and I was so disappointed as it was my first and only moderate resort stay. From visiting all the other moderates I feel like I'm allowed to say that they are not much different in living style than the values. The other amenities dont make up for the cheap feeling the overall resort offers. I will never stay at a moderate as I dont feel that it is worth its value. I will choose one of the above 3 optons I listed above.

Vader2112

It was the first Moderate I stayed at as well. I had a great time their but it is hard to not have fun anywhere at Disney. The rooms are small , the food court was Ok as is shutters. It's not horrible but for the same price you can stay at CS or POFQ or RS although the popularity of POFQ/RS has increased over the past few years so it is now a little more expensive.

Last edited:

SosoDude

CBR is the only place my family has ever stayed. We like it because the grounds are so beautiful and it is always peaceful when we are there. I am trying to talk my family into trying CSR or one of the Port Orleans resorts, but to no avail. We live too close to New Orleans to realy enjoy the PO theme and CSR seems too much like a convention center to my wife. We will probably be back at CBR next year.

bethymouse

It's a nice resort. The themed pool is very nice. Shutters is convenient, but not the best food. The food court can get cramped, but still it's ok. Overall, we loved the bridge over to the "food" area. We greeted fish, turtles, Disney ducks and Disney birds every day! The tropical "forest" area is pretty too. Rooms were fine. But, the buses were sometimes "iffy". No big deal really. Large resort. Separate building for check-in. I didn't care for that. But, overall, we'd stay there again.;)

WoodyNBuzz

We are booked there in December for free dining but I'm starting to have serious regrets over it. The main reason, beds. We are a family of 6 and while 3 of the 4 kids will be 5 or underat the time of stay, that's not a lot of space to have in a bed. Is CSR the same price as CBR? We love, love, love POFQ but know it's off limits during free dining.

ratherbeinwdw

I love the resort itself, but the rooms are just too dirty, moldy, and old for us. Once they refurb, we will try to be first in line to go back there. It is so close to DHS and EPCOT. The grounds are really nice. We didn't like the food court. It wasn't terrible, just not nearly as good as other mods like PORS. Our rug was so nasty the last time we stayed there that our shoes would kind of stick to the floor. There was thick dust on everything not regularly used, and crackers and all kinds of tiny trash all around the edge of the beds between the little mattress and the frame (pirate's room). I had to clean around the bed before I could feel comfortable lying down. We also didn't like that the housekeepers in our area would leave the doors propped open while cleaning the rooms. They were very nice, just not up to the job. This was our third try to get a clean room, so we haven't been back since.
We love PORS, but we need two bathrooms and the little kitchenette, so we've been staying at AoA suites or Doubletree across from DTD.

ToTBellHop

We are booked there in December for free dining but I'm starting to have serious regrets over it. The main reason, beds. We are a family of 6 and while 3 of the 4 kids will be 5 or underat the time of stay, that's not a lot of space to have in a bed. Is CSR the same price as CBR? We love, love, love POFQ but know it's off limits during free dining.
CSR is usually slightly more than CBS ($5-10/night). 6 in one room does seem very cramped. You'd be better of with adjoining rooms at a value for about the same price IMHO.

WoodyNBuzz

I should have stated that 2 of the kids will likely be sleeping in a pack in play type setup. I know at least the youngest will as he will only be 9 months old and the next youngest will be 2 at time of travel.

Communicore

Caribbean Beach reeks 80's and not in a good way. That's just how I feel. I dunno it's just a weird vibe. When I am there I feel certain vibes that makes me want to check out the new MGM Studios and have a night out at Pleasure Island.

slappy magoo

I should have stated that 2 of the kids will likely be sleeping in a pack in play type setup. I know at least the youngest will as he will only be 9 months old and the next youngest will be 2 at time of travel.
Wow all 6 in one room? Honestly, if you have to stay in a single moderate room CBR might be your best bet BECAUSE of the smaller beds! Gives you a few extra square feet for the pack-n-play(s).

DisneyJunkie

My wife and I don't care for Caribbean Beach, either. We tried a moderate resort, choosing that one, and we just did not care for it at all. The setup of the place leaves you way out in the middle of nowhere with a LONG walk back to the main buildings for food, drink, etc. You also have the internal bus system to deal with, including on the way back from the parks so that it takes a long time to get back to your building area again. The rooms are also TINY, with TINY beds, and we both agreed we prefer staying in a resort where when you open your room door, you're in a hallway as opposed to standing outside.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom