Caribbean Beach Resort Review

JEANYLASER

my family are planning to go to disney on Dec 2010! and my family are staying in the CBR! my family requested Martinique! I really would like to stay in CBR! It's my favorite moderate resort!

Master Gracey 5

Stayed there myself last November and a had a great time. Martinique is an excellent location as well since you're only a short walk to Old Port Royale where the kids will love the pool.

Have fun!

Upvote 0

JillC LI

We loved CBR last October. Requested a room near the footbridge in Jamaica and got it. Not only that, we did not request water view, but we got one facing the "beach." It was beautiful, convenient to get to Port Royale's food court and swimming pools, and we had no complaints. I've heard other complain about long bus waits, but we had a rental car so that was relevant.

Upvote 0

pcarathers

we stayed at CBR for our very first ever trip to WDW back in October 2000. We were in building 24 of Martinique and LOVED IT! we walked out the door or our to one of the quiet pools and were literally not even 5 mins from the main pool and food court, not to mention there was a bus stop about 2 mins from our room location. We absolutely had the BEST trip ever on our first visit. Low crowds, perfect weather and GREAT RESORT!!!!!! You will love it.

Just do pay attention to which bus stop is yours, because there are like 6 of them!!!!

Upvote 0

TurkA77

This a reply I wrote on another site about my most recent trip, hope it helps:

I just stayed there in December myself, from the 16th-23rd. I definitely agree with most of the stuff you said, but I wouldn’t stay there again if I had the choice. I was planning on staying at the All Stars or Pop century which have gotten the job done for me in the past, but the special they were running only made it about $100+ to stay there instead.
The Pros for me were: The food. My girlfriend and I only ate there a few times, but when we did, we were happy. They had a ton of options for breakfast and lunch and the prices were very reasonable. A couple times we just grabbed a bagel and jumped on the bus, that was enough to hold us over til lunch.

The bedrooms were good size. Obviously bigger than the All Stars, it was very comfortable for the two of us. If there were four of us it would start to get tight, but I don’t think uncomfortably so. I also like how all the buildings were painted a different pastel color. It made everything so bright and cheery.

The pool situation is great. Every building area has their own pool. I believe there are six areas, so six smaller pools. This was nice if you were a little far away from the main pool and didn’t want to walk. The main pool was well decorated in true Disney fashion. It also had two hot tubs in the area, which we used a couple times after long days in the park.

The Cons for me were: The buses. Plan on doing a lot of waiting. I am use to waiting for the buses, but this got out of hand. First of all this is the biggest resort, so even when the bus pulls it in, it takes around 20 min just to make all the stops in your resort, then the 20+ min drive to wherever you are going. Thats just too much time wasted. COmpared to the All-Stars where they pick you up in one spot and go. An example is we had tickets to La Nouba one night. We figured hour at the most, so we went to the bus at 6:30 pm for a 8pm show. Bus for Downtown Disney didn’t show up for 30 minutes, then it has to do the entire hotel. Then it made the 20 minute drive to Downtown DIsney. Next thing I know my girlfriend and I are in full sprint trying to make it to the show. Thats unacceptable.

The main building is really far away for half of the resort. If you were like me and stayed in Jamaica or the buildings next to it, you were doing some walking. If you wanted to go to the Pool or get some food, it was at least a 15 minute walk there and 15 minutes back. It wouldn’t be so bad, because you can just jump on a bus right there, but if you are like me and purchased a drink mug, you had to walk all the way back to your room to drop it off. This was a huge pain and another waste of time.

I wanted to like this resort, I really did. With all the bright colors and pirate ship motifs it looks amazing. But for practicality reasons, I can’t recommend it. The cons outweigh the pros for me. I’d give it a 70 out of 100.
This resort is perfect for people that are going down for 7 days, but only spending 2 or 3 at the parks. You have plenty of outside space to enjoy, you don’t mind waiting for buses. You can take your time walking around and eating at the resort. If you are like me and plan on spending 5 or 6 days at the parks, you can find a resort that will save you more time.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom