Caribbean Beach resort and fireworks?

hedgewick

We're staying at the CBR in Sept/Oct trip. I'm wondering if it is possible to see the Epcot fireworks from the resort? We have a 4 year old who I'm sure won't be able to make a full day of it and it would be nice if we could go back to the room after dinner each night and watch the fireworks before bed. No crowds afterward is also a big plus!

DoleWhip

We stayed in the Martinique Building at CBR, top floor, last May and were able to see some of the Illuminations fireworks from right outside our door.

Upvote 0

mdjbenkert

We stayed in Aruba last May. Could not see the fireworks from room, but found an excellent spot on the bridge heading to the main pool/food court area.

Upvote 0

Nemo14

Just wanted to add my $.02 here. Yes, you can see the fireworks from CBR, but in no way are you seeing Illuminations - Reflections of Earth (or whatever it's official name is now). There's just so much more to this than the fireworks - if you get the chance go watch it in Epcot and you'll understand what I mean.

Upvote 0

hedgewick

Original Poster
Thanks for the tips! I think we'll stay for the fireworks on Epcot day and watch from the room for the rest of the trip. That way we are there for the whole experience at least once. We're having dinner at Coral Reef that night so it should work out nicely.

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Whilst you can see the fireworks from the resorts, remember that you wont be getting anywhere near the intended full effect of the show. There is a lot more to IllumiNations than the high fireworks, and to enjoy it to its full you need to be inside the park around the World Showcase Lagoon. Have a great trip! :)

Upvote 0

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
wdwmagic is right; I`ve watched the fireworks several times from CBR, from Aruba and Old Port Royal (Centertown) and it`s like seeing a pop concert at a stadium from the back row with no video screens. You can see some of them, in the distance, but that`s all. It`s not really worth it.

Unless it`s the 4th of july test at 3am. Now THAT was a different story... :D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom