Caribbean Beach question

TheMouseFan

Can anyone please tell me exactly what toiletries are provided in the pirate rooms at CBR? We will be there in December, and I am trying not to have any checked luggage. My quart sized liquids bag is quickly filling up and I am trying to decide what to leave at home. Thanks!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Anyone?? Can someone at least tell me what toiletries are usually at the moderate resorts in general. We have stayed at the values the last few times we have gone with the kids.

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

If I remember they were the combo, since I never use the stuff at the hotels ... but I am going to go look in Jim's ditty bag because when we stayed at CBR he was with me and he not only uses the hotels stuff but makes attempts to stock up his travel bag...:oops:

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

it appears all we have left from that visit is the bars of soap, but Jim seems to think they were the combo too and I think when I stayed at CSR last April which is moderate there was body wash too... which we used .

Upvote 0

awesomeinabox

I checked my closet full of hotel soaps (I have a problem) and it looks like its the small blue tube of combo shampoo/conditioner as well as a thing of body wash and some soaps. If you have kids I would recommend bringing your own shampoo and conditioner, there isn't much in the bottle. I used one bottle on my own each time I showered. It also didn't detangle hair like conditioner usually does.

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

I checked my closet full of hotel soaps (I have a problem) and it looks like its the small blue tube of combo shampoo/conditioner as well as a thing of body wash and some soaps. If you have kids I would recommend bringing your own shampoo and conditioner, there isn't much in the bottle. I used one bottle on my own each time I showered. It also didn't detangle hair like conditioner usually does.

that has been my experience, better to bring your own, or buy it when you arrive if you a car to hit the local walmart..although my boyfriend always uses what is provided and manages to take several bottles home...and yes he has lots hair on that head of his!

Upvote 0

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Thanks guys!!! My hair is short, so I don't have to worry about running out, but I don't really like using the combo stuff. I guess I will just make a point of making room to bring my own travel bottles.

Upvote 0

Mukta

When my friend stayed in the pirate rooms in June, she had separate shampoo and conditioner. We were really surprised because the moderates usually have the shampoo/conditioner combination.

Upvote 0

thomas998

I think they give you 4 items... Shampoo, Conditioner, body wash, and lotion... and of course the mini bars of soap.

If you aren't going to have access to a car so you can make a quick stop to a target or walmart to pick some up when you arrive, you might want to either pack your own, or mail some to the resort for yourself. We've done the mailing option before and all you need to do is make sure you mark the package that it is for your name c/o whatever resort and note the time you will be there... We had some bad experiences with liquids in the suitcases, so our preference if we can't stop and buy when we arrive is to ship ourselves a care package.

Upvote 0

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
When my friend stayed in the pirate rooms in June, she had separate shampoo and conditioner. We were really surprised because the moderates usually have the shampoo/conditioner combination.
I think they give you 4 items... Shampoo, Conditioner, body wash, and lotion... and of course the mini bars of soap.

If you aren't going to have access to a car so you can make a quick stop to a target or walmart to pick some up when you arrive, you might want to either pack your own, or mail some to the resort for yourself. We've done the mailing option before and all you need to do is make sure you mark the package that it is for your name c/o whatever resort and note the time you will be there... We had some bad experiences with liquids in the suitcases, so our preference if we can't stop and buy when we arrive is to ship ourselves a care package.

Thanks guys! We won't have access to a car, so I was trying to plan what I could fit in my carry on. If they are separate shampoo and conditioner, I may have to leave mine at home. Does anyone know what the scent of the bodywash is?

Upvote 0

soarin

We
Can anyone please tell me exactly what toiletries are provided in the pirate rooms at CBR? We will be there in December, and I am trying not to have any checked luggage. My quart sized liquids bag is quickly filling up and I am trying to decide what to leave at home. Thanks!
we just stayed at CBR this past weekend, not in a pirate room, but the shampoo and conditioner were separate bottles and they replenished them while we were there. Only my husband used them and we were there Friday - Tuesday and he had plenty.

Upvote 0

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
We
we just stayed at CBR this past weekend, not in a pirate room, but the shampoo and conditioner were separate bottles and they replenished them while we were there. Only my husband used them and we were there Friday - Tuesday and he had plenty.
Thank you so much for this info. Hope you had a great trip! Any observations about the resort in general? I haven't stayed there since our honeymoon in 1998, and there seems to be a lack of love for CBR on here.

Upvote 0

awesomeinabox

I loved CBR! Sure it was a haul to the custom house but the resort grounds were beautiful and everything was very quiet and clean. The quieter pools were awesome too. I just noted that next time I'm going to pay extra to be closer to the front like we do at POR :)

Upvote 0

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
I loved CBR! Sure it was a haul to the custom house but the resort grounds were beautiful and everything was very quiet and clean. The quieter pools were awesome too. I just noted that next time I'm going to pay extra to be closer to the front like we do at POR :)
We of course decided to pay extra to be as far away from the front as possible!:p Oh well, I guess that is what I get for wanting to stay in the pirate rooms with my 4 year old!

Upvote 0

soarin

We liked it, but probably wouldn't stay there again. Very nice laid back atmosphere, but everything is very spread out. Although it is a pretty good walk to port royale for meals we never took the internal bus. I loved the beach at each island and the feel of the quick service area. Have a great time on your trip.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom