Caribbean beach or Coronado

LALALand

I LOVE Coronado Springs, and I've been to both many times. I did stay at CBR two weeks ago today. At about 9:00PM, I was at the Aruba bus stop at CBR for Magic Kingdom. There had to be 30 screaming cheerleaders there. Then, the bus pulled up, already loaded with 30 more! I bailed out, and took my car to Coronado. There, at Bus Stop 1, The MK bus pulled up. I was the only person on the bus for the entire ride. I don't think that's a typical occurence, but it did cement my preference for Coronado Springs!

That's a pretty cool experience. I think that's more the exception than the norm, but very, very cool anyway!

Upvote 0

EvilQueen-T

there are cheer competitions about 4 times a year on wdw property. SO FAR they've always been booked into allstar sports and cbr, sometimes overflow into the other allstar resorts. when they're there it's a fri-sun thing. the only exception may be when pop warner is there in december since they're there also for pop warner football not just their own competition.

Upvote 0

Glasgow

Stayed at CSR in Nov and loved it with the exception of a poor meal at Maya Grill. Otherwise, beautiful grounds, fabulous pool area for the kids and nice ambiance in the main check-in building. Really enjoyed walking around the lake while the kids were napping!

*Note - stayed at CBR in 2003 and liked it as well but the ground weren't quite as nice. Maybe that has changed since then since they did a big refurb of the pool and rooms.

Upvote 0

fbp

CSR is also a conference center though right?

I've always been worried the place would be packed to the brim if a conference was happening during my vacation.

Is this a legitimate worry?

Upvote 0

fbp

CBR is great is you're interested in grabbing a couple glasses of wine from the on property store, setting up a couple of lounge chairs on the beach and reveling in relaxation, peace, wine and happiness.

Upvote 0

accord99cutie

Premium Member
CSR is also a conference center though right?

I've always been worried the place would be packed to the brim if a conference was happening during my vacation.

Is this a legitimate worry?

There have been conferences going through all of my stays here. The only time we saw them was in the lobby on our check in-out days, and at the lakeside bar late at night. The busses were empty, the pool was only crowded with the normal family/vacationers, not the conventioners. And we also never noticed them on the walk ways, most likely because when we leave for the parks they are just getting up, and when we get back they are either in conferences in the afternoon, or out and about in the late evening. I actually love the fact that this is a conference resort because it makes less people fighting for pool chairs, bus seats, and early morning tables at breakfast!
In my eyes, there is nothing to worry about!!

Upvote 0

gnuts0306

We always stayed at CBR when our parents took us as kids....we did POP and Movies the last two years with our kid, and this year we are going back to CBR...oh how I missed it! My vote it CBR (though ive never stayed at your other choice)

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

CSR is the most central to the 3 parks. The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World in part three "Selecting your Hotel" it states that the commuting times to the parks from CSR are: 7:30 to MK; 4:00 to Epcot; 4:45 to MGM; and 4:45 to Animal Kingdom! See the map below.

281c844.jpg

Upvote 0

Grumpydoc

A vote for CBR here...although you can't go wrong with either resort! For what it's worth, here is our take:

General Atmosphere: We've stayed at both and find CBR to be more "Disney" than CSR. When we stayed at CSR, we felt surrounded by conference goers instead of other Disney families with kids excited about the parks, etc. Both pools (main and quiet) had been taken over by people who were talking shop (some sort of sales convention, I think), "networking" and on cell phones calling their offices back home. Found the same thing in the Pepper Market. The atmosphere was just different than our experiences at POR, POFQ or CBR. Not as many kids and lacked that "Disney Feel".

Rooms and Proximity to Main Area: Our rooms at CSR and CBR have always been fine. No problems. Can't recall the building we were in at CSR but we didn't find the walk to main area to be any closer that what we've had at CBR to get to Old Port Royale (we've been in Barbados and Trinidad).

Buses: Since we usually have our car, I don't know how the wait for buses at CSR comparess to CBR...but I do understand there can be a wait at CBR.

Food: There are more choices at CSR's Pepper Market than at the CBR food court - - that's a plus. And I think it's larger than the CBR food court.

Theme and Grounds: Honestly, we tend to like POR best of the moderates for landscaping but we also really like the whole Caribbean theme at CBR. I like walking around the lake in the early morning. Our sense is that the landscaping at CBR is a bit more "lush" than what we found at CSR.

Location: CSR is a bit closer to some of the Parks than CBR. But we also like Downtown Disney and Typhoon Lagoon and CBR is closer to them. Depends on what you want to do.

Store: CBR has a pretty sizeable gift shop area...a couple of areas, actually. CSR's is okay...we tend to like CBR's better.

Staff: Found the staff at both resorts to be very helpful.

Check-in Area: I know this is an odd comment but we like the fact that at CBR the check in area is in a different location than the room or Port Royale areas. There's something about seeing people hauling suitcases around that keeps reminding us we have to leave! And, it can get kind of crowded in that area of CSR at times.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom