Caribbean beach or Coronado

disneygirl1

I have stayed at both, and I am partial to CSR!!! I like the layout of the CSR resort way better then CBR. Plus I think the refurbed rooms at CSR are way nicer too!. But I will say the poor area at CBR is way better for kids.

Upvote 0

tbdolewhip

CBR or Coronado

I have stayed at both. Gotta say CBR is my favorite by far. With kids, get a room at Martinique. A lot closer to the pool and food. Beautiful in the morning looking out over the lake! The only down side is the food.

Upvote 0

Epcotdad

I have stayed at both, and I am partial to CSR!!! I like the layout of the CSR resort way better then CBR. Plus I think the refurbed rooms at CSR are way nicer too!. But I will say the poor area at CBR is way better for kids.

I dont think it is a great idea to ridicule an area based on income level. "poor area" lol:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

93boomer

Premium Member
My bet is go with CBR. A very nice place for kids. Lots for them to do while not in the parks. There are quiet spots to get away for the kids to unwind too. :)

Upvote 0

Larry Mondello

I would have guessed you meant "pool" area instead of "poor" but then again "p" is no where near "r" on my QWERTY keyboard!

I stayed at CSR once. Way too spread out and too long to walk if you do not get a room close the food court or swimming poor.

Upvote 0

EvilQueen-T

i like both resorts and always prefer staying on property over off property but would pick based on the size of your party and costs. csr has more options for room layouts which could be particularly helpful if you're traveling with older kids/teens. other than that if one place has a discount rate over another that would do it for me. beyond that i don't think you can go wrong either way.

Upvote 0
I would choose CSR. I never thought i'd say that, as I have always loved CBR; however, after staying at CSR last March I have to sing its praises. It truly feels more like a deluxe resort, with queen size beds, luxurious linens and a lovely restaurant, bar and food court. In addition, the pool and playground area are incredibly themed and lots of fun. We stayed in the cabanas, and didn't have to walk far to get anywhere. I highly recommend this resort!

Upvote 0

Gee70

I would choose CSR. I never thought i'd say that, as I have always loved CBR; however, after staying at CSR last March I have to sing its praises. It truly feels more like a deluxe resort, with queen size beds, luxurious linens and a lovely restaurant, bar and food court. In addition, the pool and playground area are incredibly themed and lots of fun. We stayed in the cabanas, and didn't have to walk far to get anywhere. I highly recommend this resort!

aaahhhhh I am taking your post in consideration!!! On the fence between POFQ and CSR "sorry off topic".... but had heard so much about the refurb and looking forward to a king size bed rather than having 2 beds(CBR) since I only need one :sohappy:

Upvote 0

LALALand

I've stayed at both twice, and I like CSR more than CBR. Coronado feels more spacious, and I loved finding other pools besides the main one. That said, I loved taking out the boats at CBR. It's a good toss-up, but if I go back, I'd do CSR again in a heartbeat. Just try to stay closer to a bus stop.

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

I've stayed at both, too. Well, here's another vote for CSR. We are actually staying there in August. I love it there. The food court, pool, grounds, water sports and over ambiance set it apart. I really enjoyed CBR as well but prefer CSR. I know CSR is a big resort but the views from the balconies are amazing and not as large as CBR. I really felt like I walked sooo much more when we were at CBR. I would walk every morning to get coffee/hot chocolate and the walk took me a long time there and back. The coffee was no longer piping when I returned. The theming of CBR is nice and I like how each area/island is unique. But, I love the overall feel of CSR much better. Now with the new reno at CSR, I know I will love it even more.:)

Upvote 0

10Magic

I LOVE Coronado Springs, and I've been to both many times. I did stay at CBR two weeks ago today. At about 9:00PM, I was at the Aruba bus stop at CBR for Magic Kingdom. There had to be 30 screaming cheerleaders there. Then, the bus pulled up, already loaded with 30 more! I bailed out, and took my car to Coronado. There, at Bus Stop 1, The MK bus pulled up. I was the only person on the bus for the entire ride. I don't think that's a typical occurence, but it did cement my preference for Coronado Springs!

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

I'd recommend CSR! Besides having a great main pool area, CSR also offers many deluxe amenities at a mod price.

CSR has queen beds which are a plus!. The rooms have been recently renovated and are gorgeous.

CSR has a fitness center, spa, tanning beds, a sauna, salon, full menu room service and a night club.

CSR has a sliding wooden door separating the sink area from the room instead of a privacy curtain like the other mods.

CSR has the same toiletries as the deluxes (except GF). CSR has separate shampoo and conditioner instead of the shampoo/conditioner combo at the other mods and values (a small thing, I know, but it means I don't have to pack shampoo and conditioner).

CSR has the largest hot tub of the mods and one of the longest pool slides on Disney property. The pool, slide and playground area is great.

CSR has terrific transportation that is not shared with another resort.

Upvote 0

accord99cutie

Premium Member
I love CSR! We have stayed there 3 out of our 4 last trips, and we really missed it this past trip! This sept/Oct we will be back to our beloved CSR and we can not wait!!! One thing I would suggest if you stay here would be to request a non-parking lot view. To me, when your room faces a parking lot it detracts from the vacation-y feel that having a room facing "in" can give you. Not having to walk out your room and see a parking lot can be the difference between great themeing, and horrible themeing in my eyes! We love staying in the Ranchos section, in a room facing "in" because it gives us a short walk to both a bus stop, and to the pool, and a beautiful walk in the early morning or evening to and from El Centro.

Upvote 0

worldfanatic

I usually request a room in the white, catholic, upper-middle class area of CBR. It's the closest to the bus stop.

You, my friend, are HILARIOUS!:ROFLOL:

My preference is for Coronado Springs.
I like the fact that it has an inside lounge.

Although I'd choose either of the Port Orleans Resorts as my favored moderates.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom