Caribbean Beach OR Coronado Springs

todpatcam

My wife and I and our 8 yr old son are planning a return trip to WDW in Nov 2010 and are debating where to stay. We stayed at PO Riverside in 08 and POP in 09 both were very nice in their own way. PO Riverside was quiet but a long walk to the food court and the bus service was not the greatest. POP was a favorite of my 8 yr old and we were very close to the food court and the bus service was perfect.

Can anyone help us with the PROS and CONS of Caribbean Beach Resort OR Coronado Springs? Thank You!!!

disneygirl1

I'm a huge fan of Coronado! It is my far my favorite moderate resort. All the rooms were recently refurbed too! CBR is nice too, but I just don;t like the layout of the resort and I think the selection of the food in the foodcourt is lacking as well... Pepper Market food court at CSR is hands sown AWESOME! The selection of food is amazing!!!

Both resorts are huge... So all I can say is if staying a Coronado request a room in either the Cabana's or Casitas. If staying at CBR request to stay in the Martinique section.

I see you will be there close to the holidays! We stayed at CSR in Dec 08 and the decorations for christmas were incredible.

Enjoy! We will be at POP this coming December (hopefully)

Upvote 0

Buzz2001

I too am a huge CSR fan! With the queen beds and 42" LG flat panel tv's, its hard not to be.

CSR has terrific transportation that is not shared too and is centrally located with short rides to all the parks. The longest in 10 mins to MK.

Upvote 0

BigRedDad

If you though POR was a long walk, you are in for it at CSR. CSR is extremely large and spread out. It is a lovely walk around the lake, but it is big. If the walking is a little much, you can get close to a bus stop and hop a ride to the lobby all the time. It does not matter which bus because the last stop is the Lobby.

Upvote 0

Mouse Man

The Coranado is Beautiful and I did enjoy the pool and theme. Here's the downside. The resort is huge and we had to many people there staying for conventions so it took away the family relaxed atmosphere where we did run into some loud and drunken supposed business men and women. I think if it was'nt for that I would have topped billed the Coranado. When I went there in 08 they placed as far away from the lobby. This was due to the two conventions going on. So it was rather inconvienant and at times tiring. I will say the resort staff did help at times in giving us a lift with the golf carts.

Upvote 0

corey154

CSR
Pros:queen size bed,night club,buses

Cons:food court area,alot of walking depending where your room is, the occasional convention center drunks in the evenings

CBR:
Pros: better themed for kids (pirate rooms)

Cons: even more walking to the food court area depending on location of your room

Both places are nice moderate resorts (IMO) but they are spread out and unless you take a bus to the food court, the rooms can be quite far walk. If you don't plan on using the lobby, food court area too much, then you won't have a problem. I personally like the Beach resort better for children, but for adult trips I like Coranado Springs.

Upvote 0

HollyBelle

I'm a huge fan of Coronado! It is my far my favorite moderate resort. All the rooms were recently refurbed too! CBR is nice too, but I just don;t like the layout of the resort and I think the selection of the food in the foodcourt is lacking as well... Pepper Market food court at CSR is hands sown AWESOME! The selection of food is amazing!!!

Ditto! Definitely my favorite moderate. And the refurbed rooms really give it more of a deluxe feel than the other mods. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If you did not like the walk to the food court at PORS then there is a good chance that you will really hate both CBR and CSR. If you luck out and get a room close to the food court you will be fine but due to both resorts layout you could easily have a good 15-20 minute one way walk to the food court. Same with the bus service. Like PORS each has 4 to 5 stops which can really drag out a bus ride. For a smaller resort with potentially better bus service you might want to consider Port Orleans French Quarter.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Man...that turns the bus stop annoyance factor all the way up to 11.

Much depends on which "island" your room is a part of, and which way the bus decides to loop the resort.

To the OP, if I had to choose between CSR and CBR, I would go with CSR, only because of fewer bus stops and the resort is slightly smaller....if you had to stay with a moderate I would go back to POR or POFQ.

Personally, our family doesn't do moderates anymore due to these factors - we either stay at Pop or WL/AKL, depending on our budget and/or the type of trip it is.

Upvote 0

thegreenfairy

I stayed at CBR in mid December. All I could think was 'boy, I would NOT want to stay here if it was busy!'. I could see that being a major issue, esp. with the food court area. I was not really happy with the food at CBR, and if I were staying longer, I would have hit up a grocery store and gotten food for the room.

However, the setting is beautiful, and the pirate rooms are maybe the greatest thing ever! It was so cool to go to the parks and have that experience continue on to your room. I don't know if I would stay there again, but going for the pirate room was totally worth it!!

Upvote 0

todpatcam

Original Poster
Thank you all for the great responses. We don't really mid the waqlk but after a full day at the park it can be a bit much.

We stayed at POP last year and had a good time but we missed the double vanity and the somewhat larger room.

Would anyone vote for moving up to a deluxe resort? Is the price that much more?

Thanks again for the help - we so grateful for the thoughtful advice.

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

Ditto! Definitely my favorite moderate. And the refurbed rooms really give it more of a deluxe feel than the other mods. :sohappy:

I know!!! They were in the process of remodeling the rooms when we were there in Dec '08... We are booking at Pop for this coming Dec trip, but I am totally hoping that a deal comes out so I can upgrade to CSR!!! Fingers crossed!!!

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

Thank you all for the great responses. We don't really mid the waqlk but after a full day at the park it can be a bit much.

We stayed at POP last year and had a good time but we missed the double vanity and the somewhat larger room.

Would anyone vote for moving up to a deluxe resort? Is the price that much more?

Thanks again for the help - we so grateful for the thoughtful advice.

I think it all depends on how much time you spend at the resort... If you're family is like mine, we are pretty much in the parks all day and are only really at the resort to sleep and shower, so I just can't bring myself to pay the deluxe prices, that is why we generally stay at a value or moderate resort, but hey if your budget allows for you to upgrade to a deluxe, I say go for it!!! Enjoy!

Upvote 0

SuzieN

The deluxes are much more expensive than the moderates. POFQ is MUCH smaller than the other mods and has only 1 bus stop. You're never maore than a couple minutes from anything in the resort. If size really is a big issue I would consider staying there. (I have stayed there and think it's fantastic!) Good luck with your decision!

Upvote 0

Disney05

I've stayed at CSR 3 out of the last five years. Love this resort. We're on vacation, we're not in a rush, we don't care how long it takes to walk around the resort. It's beautiful. Newly renovated rooms. My sister stayed with us there last year. She said she liked it a lot more than her stay at CB.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom