Caribbean Beach Help:

couchpotatooo

Original Poster
which area do you prefer at Caribbean Beach specially with the skyliner addition now? The food court doesn't seem very good wish it was like POR food court.

jaklgreen

I would go with one of the buildings closer to the main area. It can be a looong walk in the mornings to get your breakfast from the buildings across the water. We stayed there a couple of times when our kids were young but we will not stay there again due to the size.

surfsupdon

Well, the food court is quite good. As far as location:

Martinique and Barbados are all considered "preferred rooms" and are near to Old Port Royale and the feature pool. They are far from the Skyliner stations.

Trinidad is all "Pirate rooms." These rooms are farthest from OPR and the Skyliner as well.

Aruba and Jamaica are the only "standard rooms" available. They are located directly between the two Skyliner stations, and a short 5 mins walk from OPR. I think the closer to the foot bridge enables the best location.

couchpotatooo

Original Poster
Definitely Aruba or Jamaica, why go to the food court when you can hop on the skyliner and have breakfast at le halles.
Yes, this was my plan since the Skyliner drops you off back in the World Showcase. That would be a great breakfast in the morning!

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Question, can anyone explain the layout of the refurbished rooms that don't have the 5th sleeper? What do you get instead of the pull-down bed? More storage? More floor space? Is the room just smaller?

jaklgreen

Question, can anyone explain the layout of the refurbished rooms that don't have the 5th sleeper? What do you get instead of the pull-down bed? More storage? More floor space? Is the room just smaller?

From what I have seen, it is the exact same layout but you get your dresser back instead of the pull down bed. With that 5th sleeper, you loose your drawer space.

megustamex

If it helps, the options at the food courts are now so limited at all resorts that it doesn't really matter much. Check the options in My Disney Experience - each resort only had about 5 entrees in the food court, and they all included some form of cheeseburger, flatbread, and the ubiquitous caesar salad. There was an additional unique option or two at each resort, but much more limited than in the past. Don't expect the usual Disney choices. That was the most surprising part of the trip. When we moved from the Contemporary to Copper Creek we were excited to have choices at both Geyser Point and Roaring Fork - but again, both still very limited.

Raxel7851

The post-refurb, pre-COVID food court was much better than the one at Port Orleans IMO. Not sure where you're getting that.
The food courts are basically all the same. However the food courts at both Port Orleans resorts are nicer that the other moderate resorts in regards to cleanliness and friendliness of CMs. IMO opinion of course. To each their own.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
The food courts are basically all the same. However the food courts at both Port Orleans resorts are nicer that the other moderate resorts in regards to cleanliness and friendliness of CMs. IMO opinion of course. To each their own.
Have you been to CBR since the entire thing was gutted and redone?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom