Care to review my ADRs?

mdcpr

Original Poster
In your figuring did you include snacks or having alcoholic beverages at TS and QS or what it purely meal price to meal price?

Either way to me $40 saved is well worth adding the dining plan.
You also have the convenience of paying in advance so less to think about while enjoying your vacation.

So unless you've already accumulated a ton of gift cards or something I'd definitely reconsider on the dining plan.
We do have some gift cards which we were going to use.

Any specific reason? Bad food? Awful atmosphere?

As for BOG, we wanted the French-oriented dinner, and my son will get a kick out of meeting Beast.

Specifically if you are using the DDP, BOG is 2 table services and not worth 2 table services IF you are looking to maximize the value of your DDP. The food was decent but not as good as the 1 table service Chefs de France and, while meeting beast is unique to the dinner service and cool to meet, it is a little too dark in there, especially after a long day in the parks. The "grey stuff" would be number one on my list of worst desserts in WDW because it is just pure sugar in a white chocolate cup. The other desserts that come in the trio with it aren't anything special as well. I think you get more out of the 1 table service lunch at BOG. There is always a chance to do a late lunch and catch beast when the dinner service starts. While I think Tiffins is great, the food is delicious, and I love the atmosphere there, it is also another one of those questionable 2 table services on the DDP because it's hard to maximize your value unless your entire family is getting the Surf &Turf. You unfortunately picked the 2 signature dining experiences that are questionably 2 table services on the DDP, in my opinion. Hopefully that helps you if you are on the fence about getting the DDP.

mdcpr

Original Poster
Specifically if you are using the DDP, BOG is 2 table services and not worth 2 table services IF you are looking to maximize the value of your DDP. The food was decent but not as good as the 1 table service Chefs de France and, while meeting beast is unique to the dinner service and cool to meet, it is a little too dark in there, especially after a long day in the parks. The "grey stuff" would be number one on my list of worst desserts in WDW because it is just pure sugar in a white chocolate cup. The other desserts that come in the trio with it aren't anything special as well. I think you get more out of the 1 table service lunch at BOG. There is always a chance to do a late lunch and catch beast when the dinner service starts. While I think Tiffins is great, the food is delicious, and I love the atmosphere there, it is also another one of those questionable 2 table services on the DDP because it's hard to maximize your value unless your entire family is getting the Surf &Turf. You unfortunately picked the 2 signature dining experiences that are questionably 2 table services on the DDP, in my opinion. Hopefully that helps you if you are on the fence about getting the DDP.
This helps tons. Thank you! After my calculations, we will be better off option out of the dining plan.

RememberWhen

This helps tons. Thank you! After my calculations, we will be better off option out of the dining plan.
Agreed. I wanted to be sure you’d counted credits correctly if you were on the dining plan. Sometimes I’m surprised at what counts as two credits!

DisAl

I finalized all my ADRs, would love feedback and comments on how they are.

1. Dinner at Biergarten
2. Dinner at Be Our Guest
3. Lunch at Cinderella's Table
4. Dinner at Marrakesh
5. Lunch at Tiffins
6. Dinner at Tusker House

Thank you in advance!
The restaurants you choose should reflect what you like. The only comment I have is that if you are using the dining plan dinner at Be Our Guest is a huge waste of two credits based on comparing the "value" of two credits at signature restaurants against the prix fix cost of BOG, or the fact that BOG dinner would cost the same two credits as dinner at Biergarten AND Tusker House. If you are using the dining plan and are set on BOG dinner, pay out of pocket at BOG and use the dining credits elsewhere.

HouCuseChickie

Dining is such a subjective thing and even sources like the Disney Food Blog note the inconsistency in many of Disney's restaurants. There are places I love that my friends hate and vice versa. There are also places we all love and places we all were one and done. Then there restaurants we've loved and returned only to have bad experiences. Oh, and there are the places that everyone bashes that sometimes we wind up liking. I think the best thing is to just pick the places with menus, locations and atmospheres that appeal to you and work for your schedule. If what you've put in your post checks those boxes...then you've got yourself a good dining plan.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I finalized all my ADRs, would love feedback and comments on how they are.

1. Dinner at Biergarten
2. Dinner at Be Our Guest
3. Lunch at Cinderella's Table
4. Dinner at Marrakesh
5. Lunch at Tiffins
6. Dinner at Tusker House

Thank you in advance!
Three buffets are borderline, but acceptable

I’d dump Cinderella’s and be our guest like 3rd period French

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Dining is such a subjective thing and even sources like the Disney Food Blog note the inconsistency in many of Disney's restaurants. There are places I love that my friends hate and vice versa. There are also places we all love and places we all were one and done. Then there restaurants we've loved and returned only to have bad experiences. Oh, and there are the places that everyone bashes that sometimes we wind up liking. I think the best thing is to just pick the places with menus, locations and atmospheres that appeal to you and work for your schedule. If what you've put in your post checks those boxes...then you've got yourself a good dining plan.

Is you’re saying the food is wildly inconsistent...then I agree.

And of course expensive...I find myself now giving restaurants a “ripoff/no ripoff” rating and that is completely opposite my history - eating everywhere 10 or so times for 30 years

mdcpr

Original Poster
Lol...but you can.

Simply tell them “no”.

I get what you’re saying...really I do. But magic kingdom dining is not great and those two are ripoff central - just my opinion
I hear you, but I can’t. And I don’t have a valid reason to say no except hearsay. This will be their only WDW trip, so gotta make it magical! :)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I hear you, but I can’t. And I don’t have a valid reason to say no except hearsay. This will be their only WDW trip, so gotta make it magical! :)
Completely understandable. To be fair....I love tiffins and enjoy the Biergarten as well...

If you need any other recommendations, don’t hesitate to ask. My stomach has forgotten more things about wdw than my brain remembers 😂

DisAl

Can’t - daughter wants princesses and son wants to meet Beast.
We had better interaction with princesses at Akershus that we did at CRT.
Especially the grandson.....
DSCN0733.JPG

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom