Care to review my ADRs?

mdcpr

Original Poster
I finalized all my ADRs, would love feedback and comments on how they are.

1. Dinner at Biergarten
2. Dinner at Be Our Guest
3. Lunch at Cinderella's Table
4. Dinner at Marrakesh
5. Lunch at Tiffins
6. Dinner at Tusker House

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

Weather_Lady

My philosophy is that of Yukon Cornelius: You eat what you like, and I'll eat what I like!

Of the places you've chosen, you'll find reviews as diverse as the people giving them. (For example, I've eaten at the first four choices, and would rate them as A+, B, B and C- respectively, but my experiences are totally subjective.)

What I see in your list overall -- and what I really like about it and look for in dining choices myself -- is that you have a diverse set of restaurants, spanning 3 of the 4 parks and representing several different kinds of cuisine (German, French-ish, American, Moroccan, African-inspired two ways) and several different types of dining experience (buffet, a la carte, prix fixe, character, non-character, signature and non, with and without live entertainment). Assuming you chose them after taking a look at the menus, I say go with your list and don't question it.

mdcpr

Original Poster
My philosophy is that of Yukon Cornelius: You eat what you like, and I'll eat what I like!

Of the places you've chosen, you'll find reviews as diverse as the people giving them. (For example, I've eaten at the first four choices, and would rate them as A+, B, B and C- respectively, but my experiences are totally subjective.)

What I see in your list overall -- and what I really like about it and look for in dining choices myself -- is that you have a diverse set of restaurants, spanning 3 of the 4 parks and representing several different kinds of cuisine (German, French-ish, American, Moroccan, African-inspired two ways) and several different types of dining experience (buffet, a la carte, prix fixe, character, non-character, signature and non, with and without live entertainment). Assuming you chose them after taking a look at the menus, I say go with your list and don't question it.
Yes, I try to keep my family from pizza and burgers and like to expose them to all cuisines. No place for picky eaters in my family. :)

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Yes, I try to keep my family from pizza and burgers and like to expose them to all cuisines. No place for picky eaters in my family. :)
Thats a great philosophy but would disagree that vacation is the place or time to do that. My kids are picky eaters. We force diversity on them at home. I'm not about to do that at the place we are supposed to be having fun at. If they want mac n cheese with a side of Mac n cheese then so be it.

To each their own

mdcpr

Original Poster
Thats a great philosophy but would disagree that vacation is the place or time to do that. My kids are picky eaters. We force diversity on them at home. I'm not about to do that at the place we are supposed to be having fun at. If they want mac n cheese with a side of Mac n cheese then so be it.

To each their own
This is the way my family eats. They don't even like mac n'cheese, unless there's nothing else to eat. I don't force diversity of food, I exposed the kids very early on to this, and that's how they eat.

mdcpr

Original Poster
my 2nd recommend was gonna be the polite pig at disney springs...oh mylanta ..sooo goood

and Nicolette the manager as well as all of the staff are very cool:)
Looks very good, but we're not going to Disney Springs this time around. We're only there for 5 days.

Weather_Lady

To each their own

Fortunately for everybody (picky eaters or no), diverse restaurant choices don't have to be the enemy of picky eaters at WDW. All of the restaurants at Disney I've ever been to, regardless of theme or cuisine inspiration, have several kid-friendly options on offer (which adults can generally order as well, with an upcharge.) E.g., Restaurant Marrakesh has burgers and chicken nuggets, Be Our Guest has mac & cheese, and venues like Biergarten have a whole section of the buffet devoted to American kid-friendly options.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
To be honest I don't care for most of what you've listed.

I would definitely consider eating at BOG for lunch instead of dinner and CRT for dinner instead of lunch.

For the other things listed I'd pick somewhere else all together.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Fortunately for everybody (picky eaters or no), diverse restaurant choices don't have to be the enemy of picky eaters at WDW. All of the restaurants at Disney I've ever been to, regardless of theme or cuisine inspiration, have several kid-friendly options on offer (which adults can generally order as well, with an upcharge.) E.g., Restaurant Marrakesh has burgers and chicken nuggets, Be Our Guest has mac & cheese, and venues like Biergarten have a whole section of the buffet devoted to American kid-friendly options.
We have found this to be the case as well this trip. A couple if occasions we have ordered an adult portion of a kids item. I think this is a great thing that Disney does overall is that they are very flexible with menus.

mdcpr

Original Poster
To be honest I don't care for most of what you've listed.

I would definitely consider eating at BOG for lunch instead of dinner and CRT for dinner instead of lunch.

For the other things listed I'd pick somewhere else all together.
Any specific reason? Bad food? Awful atmosphere?

As for BOG, we wanted the French-oriented dinner, and my son will get a kick out of meeting Beast.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Any specific reason? Bad food? Awful atmosphere?

As for BOG, we wanted the French-oriented dinner, and my son will get a kick out of meeting Beast.

Just not my style of food for most of them.
Even CRT isn't food I want to eat but the experience is fun.
I would not pay OOP for it or BOG dinner.
BOG dinner menu is also very unappealing to me.
I enjoy the lunch menu and atmosphere.
As much as I love Beast I'm unwilling to pay that much and eat food I dislike to meet him.

mdcpr

Original Poster
Just not my style of food for most of them.
Even CRT isn't food I want to eat but the experience is fun.
I would not pay OOP for it or BOG dinner.
BOG dinner menu is also very unappealing to me.
I enjoy the lunch menu and atmosphere.
As much as I love Beast I'm unwilling to pay that much and eat food I dislike to meet him.
I understand. Thank you.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I did the numbers and will look into the dining plan. But the reality is that the savings are only like $40.

In your figuring did you include snacks or having alcoholic beverages at TS and QS or what it purely meal price to meal price?

Either way to me $40 saved is well worth adding the dining plan.
You also have the convenience of paying in advance so less to think about while enjoying your vacation.

So unless you've already accumulated a ton of gift cards or something I'd definitely reconsider on the dining plan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom