Captain Marvel Question

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'm sorry but no offense you don't seem to want your original question answered. Several here have provided answers to that question, but then you attack those answers. We get it you don't like the character.

But its not anyone here's job to explain why Capt Marvel should be an interesting character to you. If you don't find the character interesting, that is fine. But its not our job to try to convince you.

If you don't find the character interesting, fine a lot of other people did, move on and have a good day....

WhatJaneSays

It's a legit term, get over it girl.
giphy.gif

The Grand Inquisitor

I'm sorry but no offense you don't seem to want your original question answered. Several here have provided answers to that question, but then you attack those answers. We get it you don't like the character.

But its not anyone here's job to explain why Capt Marvel should be an interesting character to you. If you don't find the character interesting, that is fine. But its not our job to try to convince you.

If you don't find the character interesting, fine a lot of other people did, move on and have a good day....
I absolutely agree! I didn't like the movie or captain marvel(Both are extremely overrated) but there is no need to bash or attack people.

LSLS

Because there is nothing to her character, the only reason the film did well was because it was part of the MCU. If it were a stand alone film no one would have cared, trust.

Trust you based on what expertise exactly?

Honestly if you are this mad at her powers, I can't imagine how mad Iron Man and Captain America make you. At least her abilities were somewhat explained.

General Mayhem

Original Poster
Trust you based on what expertise exactly?

Honestly if you are this mad at her powers, I can't imagine how mad Iron Man and Captain America make you. At least her abilities were somewhat explained.
If you look at the interviews they did with the cast members of Endgame everyone seems to hate or really not like Brie Larson so...

LSLS

If you look at the interviews they did with the cast members of Endgame everyone seems to hate or really not like Brie Larson so...

Well now you are getting at what I think most here thought. It's not the movie or the character, you hate the actress.

General Mayhem

Original Poster
Well now you are getting at what I think most here thought. It's not the movie or the character, you hate the actress.
I do hate the actress, but that's besides the point. The point here is the character, what is there to her? What is her personality? What are her likes and dislikes? What are her weaknesses? What are her personality traits? What does she do other than not smile? Like I get it she's "STRONG AND POWERFUL" but what else is there? You don't seem to get that.

Last edited:

PiXie Mom

To the OP, what is your deal?? You asked a opinionated question. People answered, and then you scold them because the answers are not what YOU would have said. If you are a child or teen, I can pass this off as immaturity. If you are a adult, then you have some serious issues. You don't ask for opinions and get all defensive when those opinions don't match your set agenda. Grow up!

General Mayhem

Original Poster
To the OP, what is your deal?? You asked a opinionated question. People answered, and then you scold them because the answers are not what YOU would have said. If you are a child or teen, I can pass this off as immaturity. If you are a adult, then you have some serious issues. You don't ask for opinions and get all defensive when those opinions don't match your set agenda. Grow up!
Can you answer the question please?

LSLS

I do hate the actress, but that's besides the point. The point here is the character, what is there to her? What is her personality? What are her likes and dislikes? What are her weaknesses? What are her personality traits? What does she do other than not smile? Like I get it she's "STRONG AND POWERFUL" but what else is there? You don't seem to get that.
View attachment 374770

Shes super opinionated. She goes against authority all the time. In this movie, on top of her early losses, she is battling her own mind (something that is a constant attack on her in the comics). She has an arrogance to her while also always trying to do the right thing. I honestly dont know what you want. Further, I'm the last one to make these arguments, as I just look for fun movies i enjoy, and this was right there for me.

General Mayhem

Original Poster
Shes super opinionated. She goes against authority all the time. In this movie, on top of her early losses, she is battling her own mind (something that is a constant attack on her in the comics). She has an arrogance to her while also always trying to do the right thing. I honestly dont know what you want. Further, I'm the last one to make these arguments, as I just look for fun movies i enjoy, and this was right there for me.
Well there we go!

mary2013

I see a lot of people (mostly women) wearing the merch and what not which is cool and all. My thing is what makes Captain Marvel a interesting or compelling (or even likable) character? Like what is there to her? Was the movie really that inspiring to people? I'm not trying to be a jerk honestly, it's just I don't get it.
She has nothing to prove to you. :cool:

BlakeW39

I don't like Captain Marvel. I think she lacks any and all peesonality and Brie Larson plays her extremely wooden; it's painful to watch. Most people that I knoe who have seen both her film and Endgame think she is very wooden as well. I isn't the writing. It's is 100% the acting. I also think Brie Larson comes off as a little arrogant irl.

However those that I know who do like her do like her for her powers.

You asked a subjective question and you got opinions you didn't agree with, what did you expect? Every whiny retort you send makes you seem more and more childish.

General Mayhem

Original Poster
I don't like Captain Marvel. I think she lacks any and all peesonality and Brie Larson plays her extremely wooden; it's painful to watch. Most people that I knoe who have seen both her film and Endgame think she is very wooden as well. I isn't the writing. It's is 100% the acting. I also think Brie Larson comes off as a little arrogant irl.

However those that I know who do like her do like her for her powers.

You asked a subjective question and you got opinions you didn't agree with, what did you expect? Every whiny retort you send makes you seem more and more childish.
It's not whiny to ask for more than just "Strong Independent Woman". Call me what you want but I made my point quite clear.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom