Captain Marvel Question

General Mayhem

Original Poster
I'm sure you were one of the little trolls who posted on Rotten Tomatoes lol. It's ok. No one is judging you. Well, I mean, I am but I laugh at little internet trolls who use made up phrases like, "Mary Sue". Bye Bye.
It's been used for well over a decade (it was coined in the 1970s mind you), but thanks for playing.

Last edited:

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I think it was a good movie and actually for an origin story it was very well done. I've long felt that one of the reasons there have been so many Batman and Spiderman movies is that studios tend to want to do origin stories when introducing or re introducing a super hero and they have easy to tell, relatable origin stories. Captain Marvel the movie character was very similar in attitude, etc. to the character in the comics. Snarky, etc. There is a chance the character will grow on people over time (Tony Stark grew on people over time....). There are pitfalls with a character as powerful as Captain Marvel. I've always felt that Superman was really hard to make interesting and to always have to introduce Kryptonite or fellow Kryptonians into the plot is a hard sell. Marvel avoids quite a bit of this issue by having Captain Marvel operate in their outer space storylines where entities like Thanos and Ego the Planet exist.

Anyway, decent origin story, some cute snark, a young Nick Fury, oh and the Flerken. Every time I wonder if they are going to incorporate something of extraordinary weirdness from the comics into the movies, they do it with aplomb. I enjoyed the movie on the whole.

Last edited:

WDWTank

I see a lot of people (mostly women) wearing the merch and what not which is cool and all. My thing is what makes Captain Marvel a interesting or compelling (or even likable) character? Like what is there to her? Was the movie really that inspiring to people? I'm not trying to be a jerk honestly, it's just I don't get it.
View attachment 374297
I think she’s attractive. I’d love to date Brie Larson. I remember watching her in “Hoot” when I was 8 years old and I thought she was cute ☺

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom