Captain Marvel Question

General Mayhem

Original Poster
I see a lot of people (mostly women) wearing the merch and what not which is cool and all. My thing is what makes Captain Marvel a interesting or compelling (or even likable) character? Like what is there to her? Was the movie really that inspiring to people? I'm not trying to be a jerk honestly, it's just I don't get it.

LSLS

Most people think it was a good movie, and it is the first female super hero movie Marvel has done. Heck, I bought the Captain Marvel/NIN shirt. I mean what makes her likable? Super hero with tons of power that defeats bad guys and stands up for the oppressed guys.

General Mayhem

Original Poster
Most people think it was a good movie, and it is the first female super hero movie Marvel has done. Heck, I bought the Captain Marvel/NIN shirt. I mean what makes her likable? Super hero with tons of power that defeats bad guys and stands up for the oppressed guys.
I think you are exaggerating when you say most. Also what happened to Black widow, Wonder Woman, and Scarlet witch? She is not the first to do any of this crap.

Last edited:

LSLS

I think you are exaggerating when you say most. Also what happened to Black widow, Wonder Woman, and Scarlet witch? She is not the first to do any of this crap.

Based on the box office or the fact you stated you see a lot of people in the gear, I doubt it.

Well, wonder woman is not marvel, and black widdow and scarlet witch have not had their own movies. And I mean, "first to do any of this crap," yeah, you seem to be very curious about why a lot of people like the character and/or movie.

General Mayhem

Original Poster
Based on the box office or the fact you stated you see a lot of people in the gear, I doubt it.

Well, wonder woman is not marvel, and black widdow and scarlet witch have not had their own movies. And I mean, "first to do any of this crap," yeah, you seem to be very curious about why a lot of people like the character and/or movie.
Because there is nothing to her character, the only reason the film did well was because it was part of the MCU. If it were a stand alone film no one would have cared, trust.

Phicinfan

Because there is nothing to her character, the only reason the film did well was because it was part of the MCU. If it were a stand alone film no one would have cared, trust.
In your opinion. And that is fine for you. The MCU is not the only driver here, they are pulling those that are heavy into or were heavy into the comics as some of the characters are pretty true, and the storylines are from the comics.

As for her, herself, I will concede she got glow of Avengers IW as they stated she would be involved in Endgame. Also, I think it is clear that MCU is moving to Space for next phase, and this was an opening to more of what characters would be involved.

She has been touted as one of the strongest MCU charcters power wise, and tying her in to getting her powers from the infinity stone itself linked her in.

But a strong female hero, touted as all powerful, with ability and taking her own life in her own hands and breaking out of the "norm" is a huge attraction for some

General Mayhem

Original Poster
In your opinion. And that is fine for you. The MCU is not the only driver here, they are pulling those that are heavy into or were heavy into the comics as some of the characters are pretty true, and the storylines are from the comics.

As for her, herself, I will concede she got glow of Avengers IW as they stated she would be involved in Endgame. Also, I think it is clear that MCU is moving to Space for next phase, and this was an opening to more of what characters would be involved.

She has been touted as one of the strongest MCU charcters power wise, and tying her in to getting her powers from the infinity stone itself linked her in.

But a strong female hero, touted as all powerful, with ability and taking her own life in her own hands and breaking out of the "norm" is a huge attraction for some
Ok but Mary Sue's don't make good characters.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom