News Captain Jack Sparrow Pirate Tutorial closing

JS514

Lol, do not start blaming the coming wage increase on this.

Lol, I'm not. However, it does pose the question that if they are in a supposed "financial bind" right now, and having to cut costs by nixing entertainment, what is going to happen when the wage increase DOES come? Either our price is going to skyrocket, entertainment will be dropped lower, or a mixture of both. I'm all for fair wages, but the current happenings with the entertainment cuts show a leery foretelling of what may be to come when they do increase.

Incomudro

In NJ where I live, they gave us a gas tax last year.
The following year, people purchased less gas than was projected.
This was likely due to NJ residents driving less in response to the much higher prices, as well as Staten Island residents no longer taking advantage of the formally less expensive NJ gas prices and filling up in NJ as they passed through.
So what does the state do?
They raised the gas tax even more because people purchased less.

Kman101

I liked it enough. It was fun. But it was also 12 years old. I just hate the circumstances surrounding the cuts. I'd of course be less annoyed had they just said "it's an aging entertainment offering and we're doing something new" but nope, they gotta cut cut cut. I knew I shouldn't have asked what's left a week or two ago. They proved to me they can still find things. But then what's left? They really don't get it. Like other's have said, they chase pennies but let dollars fly overhead. All they care about is now.

Disstevefan1

From a business perspective, yes. From a guest perspective, absolutely not. The guests rarely think of Disney as a business though.

In my opinion, The guest experience should factor into business decisions, especially in a resort business like the theme parks, and we can all agree 90 minute waits is a poor guest experience. That said, folks just keep coming, so Disney wins again.....

Disstevefan1

This was likely due to NJ residents driving less in response to the much higher prices, as well as Staten Island residents no longer taking advantage of the formally less expensive NJ gas prices and filling up in NJ as they passed through.

Looks like NJ took a page out of Disney's playbook......

Kamikaze

A lot of states are now reliant on the gas tax.
But what are the states and federal government also pushing? More efficient cars. So if you buy in to a car that gets say 2x the MPG of your old car, you're purchasing half the gas, and therefore the state is getting half of the money on the tax that they would have before. And in a lot of states, the money for the gas tax goes a completely different place than the money for sales tax, so the tax on the initial sale of the new car doesn't even offset any of the loss from the increased fuel efficiency.

Slov72

A lot of states are now reliant on the gas tax.
But what are the states and federal government also pushing? More efficient cars. So if you buy in to a car that gets say 2x the MPG of your old car, you're purchasing half the gas, and therefore the state is getting half of the money on the tax that they would have before. And in a lot of states, the money for the gas tax goes a completely different place than the money for sales tax, so the tax on the initial sale of the new car doesn't even offset any of the loss from the increased fuel efficiency.
Just wait until fully autonomous electric fleets take over.... goodbye most of the gas tax income, hello failing state budgets..... way more taxes.

GlacierGlacier

Actually, coming from a MK cast member, the parks this whole month have been very slow. The only day of the week we've been busy is Saturday, other than that, Space Mountain has had wait times as low as 25 minutes at 4pm when it's usually 90.
Big Thunder Mountain was a walk-on for 60% of Sunday. I rode it 8 times in a bit more than an hour to beat my friend's record.

Phil12

How do you feel about Jedi Training Academy?
At least with the lightsaber it makes children realize how absolutely lame Star Wars deals with weapons of the future. Who in their right mind is going to use a powerful laser in the same fashion as a sword? Which logically leads children to the conclusion that Star Wars is a poorly written story. Which in turn reveals to children that you can get rich by writing complete garbage. Therefore in this case the children potentailly learn a very valuable lesson.

raymusiccity

My instinct was against this show. But it had some really talented cast.

On the upside, this no doubt means that TDO plans to restore the CP atmosphere by fixing the fountains and giving us back our parrot pirate and the more appropriate Caribbean steel drum band and....wait...my drugs are already coming off, what's this nonsense I am saying.

Of course, you're 100% correct. They intend on replacing it with the sounds of crickets!

WDW_Jon

:( never saw this show as not of interest previously but when I’m there in October with a 7 and 3 year old who love Jack it’s a shame :/

ppete1975

Agreed! This is the problem!!!!

25 minute waits are considered "very slow" (aka low attendance) and 90 minute wait is "Normal" !!!!
you said this much more eloquently than me :) To me 20-30 minutes sucks- 90 minutes makes me want to cut my wrists... but hey its about money right

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom