News Captain Jack Sparrow Pirate Tutorial closing

mm52200

Original Poster
A lot of it is quantity based. Still waiting for some confirmations, but so far I've heard they're cutting performers from Rivers of Light, Starlord and Groot are leaving, SWAGFFA is leaving for about a month, and they're decreasing the number of performers utilized in the Green Army Drum Crops and the March of the First Order.
Wait this is the first I’ve heard about Rivers of Light...how would they cut? There are only four...
I’ve heard mention of Green Army Man bootcamp and March. SWAGFFA was going down regardless because of concrete work being done where the stages sit.

GlacierGlacier

A lot of it is quantity based. Still waiting for some confirmations, but so far I've heard they're cutting performers from Rivers of Light, Starlord and Groot are leaving, SWAGFFA is leaving for about a month, and they're decreasing the number of performers utilized in the Green Army Drum Crops and the March of the First Order.
Rivers of Light has only four performers for each show. I can't imagine how cuts will impact that much.

dreamfinder912

Are they cutting all 4 dancers from RoL or just the acolytes? we saw the "lightning" version of the show this past Thursday and it was SO WEIRD. The boats were just sailing around empty. No projections of like "spirit shamans" just...empty blue and empty orange boat. Chillin. I hope they're not doing away with the shamans they're so important to the story!

Phil12

I don't think that was the idea/intent of this show...

Also how about the millions of kids playing Fortnite or Call of Duty, etc...
There's no concern now. The show will close. But Grand Theft Auto ought to be a mandatory precursor for all young computer game players.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
There are a lotttttt of entertainment cuts coming up at the end of the month...
bob_c_castle_headshot_web.jpg

We’re running a theme park here, which has nothing to do with entertainment.

JS514

Hey but at least everybody is gonna get paid at least $15/hr, right? I mean yeah people may be losing jobs and entertainment is cut, but ya know....

ppete1975

i try not to complain. But the little extras like this is what makes Disney special. I just came back from silver dollar city last week. Some of the rides are prob not much better than disneys lower rides, but the difference is the theming (this goes for six flags too). There is no story, there is no theme its get on ride vehicle then WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE then off ride vehicle. I found myself bored because I miss the theming I miss the story.
But the other part is the extras that they keep cutting, and for what? ITs super crowded, they have a park that's half closed, prices keep going up and they are finding new ways to charge us (parking at hotels??)
Disney will always be my favorite place, and its magical, but when do the realize that new people aren't going to get that feeling. I grew up watching wonderful world of Disney, and the old shows (I'm 43) I went to Disney as a kid, to me its magical. I feel like I'm 6 years old when I'm there. But if I had never been and went as a 43 year old especially since the promotional train that used to exist seems to be dead (the shows on the Disney channel don't really count as they aren't about the parks, the characters, or walt) would I care? I know epcot wouldn't mean as much and neither would the castle. Id prob pay the exorbitant costs and never return and wonder what the big deal was.
Sorry for the rant, I just hate hearing budget cuts when they are gouging all of us and the parks are way to busy.
Reminds me of a lot of companies where they say our profits were lower than expected so layoffs and less raises/bonuses would occur. Well historically the numbers might be great and better qtr over qtr... but the numbers that investors thought should be hit aren't so it isn't good enough.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom