Captain Hank's Update, including Ice Station Cool Pics

Captain Hank

Original Poster
Hi, just got back from WDW. I was there from Tuesday the 31st 'till Sunday the 5th. Here are a few things I noticed. First, from Epcot.

First, here's some Ice Station Cool pics:

isc19or.jpg

isc21wj.jpg

isc36iw.jpg

I apologize for the poor quality of these. My camera doesn't enjoy nighttime pics, and I had no tripod or convenient trash can to set it on to stabilize it. Of course, whenever I was in the area during the daytime, I was on my way somewhere and didn't have time to stop, so I don't have any daytime pics.

Next, some pics of one of the FriendShip docks under refurb. And, now what's that between the camera and the refurb wall? Patented pots? Grumpy salespeople? I was just taking pics of the wall, honest! :drevil:

natureontherocks15we.jpg

natureontherocks21by.jpg

natureontherocks34lv.jpg

The third one is of Mr. Nature on the Rocks presumably calling security. They never showed up, though I didn't really stick around to find out.

Next up, extended stroller parking at The Land. I know these are new because I saw several Cast Members come out of the building with these signs in bubble wrap. Soarin' must me more popular than anticipated with the stroller set.

stroller15mf.jpg

That one is in a flower bed just about even with the Land sign. The Living Seas is visible towards the right in the picture.

stroller20gg.jpg

This one is across the path from the previous one. The picture looks toward Innoventions.

The last one in Epcot. This is between two of the ticket booths. Automated ticket machines, perhaps? Anyone know?
ticketbooth1pf.jpg

Note: I know about the other pics, and will be fixing them soon.

Captain Hank

Original Poster
Okay, here are the rest of the pictures.

First, here's the finished AT-AT walker outside of Star Tours. It looks a lot more battle damaged than I remember.

walker5nd.jpg

Next, rather an odd anomaly. I was waiting in the Animal Kingdom Lodge bus station after a delicious meal at Boma, and noticed this hanging up:
magicalmomentsbanner6ec.jpg

I thought these were all taken down a while ago. Looks like they missed a few. Everywhere else were HCOE banners.

Oh, and noticed this as well:
ladder6fk.jpg

Looks like our friend the ladder has taken up swimming. He was tied to a monorail support between Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon.

And, finally, the obligatory Everest Pics. It's Big. Really Big. It's going to be absolutely awesome.

everest16di.jpg

Taken from the village area

everest20ou.jpg

Taken from the village area

All the rest were taken from the bridge between Dinoland and Asia.

everest36ma.jpg

everest48wc.jpg

everest53eu.jpg

everest68tu.jpg

everest75di.jpg

That's about it for the update. Watch for a full trip report in the appropriate forum within the next few days.

Dizknee_Phreek

Nice update, C. Hank!

Heh, I think those hanging-pot people were grumpy when I was there a few weeks ago. Had they warned you not to take pictures? Did they tell you they were calling security on you?

And I'm glad to see our dear ladder return! I've been missing him!

Nice pics of Everest, btw. I have some very similar ones. I never realized, though, how pics just don't do it justice until I saw it in person...that thing is massive!

Figment1986

Dizknee_Phreek said:
Nice update, C. Hank!

Heh, I think those hanging-pot people were grumpy when I was there a few weeks ago. Had they warned you not to take pictures? Did they tell you they were calling security on you?

And I'm glad to see our dear ladder return! I've been missing him!

Ladders back yes....

Wait.. those people were wear..... and they told you not to do what.... when on property.. (where are they??)

Captain Hank

Original Poster
Oh, I just remembered one more thing. There are new Magical Moments Certificates that reflect the HCOE design. I'll have a pic up as soon as I can hook up my scanner.

disney4me4ever

MrNonacho said:
Looks like some folks need to familiarize themselves with this thread. :D

Thanks for posting this. I was trying to remember the name of that thread because I was ROTFLMAO! The other one that I thought was hysterical was the thread about the lady that walked around epcot (WS) everyday "who is this lady?". Thought I would die laughing. There really should be a Best Of thread one of these days.

diddy_mouse

excellent update! i laughed out loud about the Nature on the Rocks people. :lol: also, i'm glad to see The Ladder in new venues. that thing does get around! :)

P.S. Everest is getting better every day

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom