Captain Eo

Astro_Digital

Original Poster
Was Captain Eo all that bad?

I just finished watching it and found it very entertaining.

I used to hate guys with camcorders now 15 years later they are getting a nice profit from home movies but I get to relive the experience.

I wonder if Michael Jackson did not have legal problems which he was never convicted for if Disney would have pulled the show.

Did Disney pull the show early or was it just scheduled to be replaced?

mickster

Was Captain Eo all that bad?

I just finished watching it and found it very entertaining.

I used to hate guys with camcorders now 15 years later they are getting a nice profit from home movies but I get to relive the experience.

I wonder if Michael Jackson did not have legal problems which he was never convicted for if Disney would have pulled the show.

Did Disney pull the show early or was it just scheduled to be replaced?

Capt Eo was so bad, it was almost embarassing to watch.

Not long after it came out, some DL Cast Members created a parody called "Captain Eeyore". It was hilarious.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
It was bizarre, strange, and yes, appallingly bad. I remember the first time I saw it, we walked out afterwards and everyone was like, "What the heck was that?"

I doubt you'll ever see the attraction again as it would be bad PR to have an attraction starring a pedophile.

figmentmom

I actually liked it. I saw it on TV (after it had been pulled) and taped it, so I have it floating around somewhere or other. :lol:

hardcard

It was bizarre, strange, and yes, appallingly bad. I remember the first time I saw it, we walked out afterwards and everyone was like, "What the heck was that?"

I doubt you'll ever see the attraction again as it would be bad PR to have an attraction starring a pedophile.

pretty sure he's been found not guilty/aquitted..

I'm not a MJ fan boy or anything, but no one has proved anything in a court of law....

Having said that.. My kids won't be sleeping at neverland ranch any time soon

Peaches Magee

I only remember it as a kid, and I was little, think I was scared in parts.
But I know if I watched it now, it would most likely horrify me with it's badness.

ukdms

I remember watching it at both WDW and DLRP and I don't remember it being that bad....

I guess if I were to watch it again today it would probably look a little dated though.

cloe111479

I remember loving it as a kid, but my mom and I were big MJ fans then. I actually used to have a little plastic toy that was the little flying thing in it. He was orange and yellow with like butterfly wings. That is until Katrina destroyed my house.

MissM

I watched this last year and found it very hard to watch. But as a kid I loved it.
Yeah that was me too. I remember thinking it was all cool and stuff when I was little (and I cried because my mom wouldn't let me buy the plush of the little fuzzy, flying character) but when I saw it again recently...whew. It's bad. It's floating out there on the net. I can't remember where I got the copy I watched though.
-m

dolbyman

if anyone would like to see the captain again .. marni made a great eo tribute with background facts and the full show in widescreen :wave:

EpcotServo

That's funny...the other day I watched it again and I thought it played like a Robot Chicken skit.
:lol:

Who else wants a Captain Eo Rifftrax though?
:D

cooleo

I find it rather funny how many people say it is BAD, yet admit they have seen it numerous times, even after they thought it to be so bad. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom