captain eo closing ?

luv

EO pretty much sucks.

And I guess I should have said middle-aged Americans. :) Money for Nothing was a decent video, but it was no "You Give Love a Bad Name" or "Take On Me." ;) :)

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
EO pretty much sucks.

And I guess I should have said middle-aged Americans. :) Money for Nothing was a decent video, but it was no "You Give Love a Bad Name" or "Take On Me." ;) :)
Take On Me was awesome, as was Tears for Fears' Head Over Heels.
For us Canadians, it had the added bonus of having been filmed at University of Toronto's library. We didn't really have Bryan Adams or Celine to claim yet, so we used to point at the screen and say "Look, look - they shot that in Toronto". Every single time.
CanCon (CRTC requirements for Canadian content) was stricter back then, so for a while Corey Hart's I Wear My Sunglasses at Night was played every hour or so. We all grew up wanting to be Mrs. Corey Hart. Back in the day, Muchmusic filmed an 8-hour rotation, and broadcast it 3 times over the course of a day. You guys had Nina Blackwood, JJ Jackson, and Mark Quinn. We had Erica Ehm, Christopher Ward, and TDM!

luv

Take On Me was awesome, as was Tears for Fears' Head Over Heels.
For us Canadians, it had the added bonus of having been filmed at University of Toronto's library. We didn't really have Bryan Adams or Celine to claim yet, so we used to point at the screen and say "Look, look - they shot that in Toronto". Every single time.
CanCon (CRTC requirements for Canadian content) was stricter back then, so for a while Corey Hart's I Wear My Sunglasses at Night was played every hour or so. We all grew up wanting to be Mrs. Corey Hart. Back in the day, Muchmusic filmed an 8-hour rotation, and broadcast it 3 times over the course of a day. You guys had Nina Blackwood, JJ Jackson, and Mark Quinn. We had Erica Ehm, Christopher Ward, and TDM!
I had a small poster of Corey Hart up on my wall. You guys weren't the only only ones who wanted to marry him! I also wanted to marry George Michael and got very upset when my brother insisted he was gay. "How would you know?" my friend and I always asked. We meant it, lol.

Martha Quinn, not Mark. :) Mark's last name was Goodman. And they're all on Sirius except for JJ Jackson, who is on HTV (Heaven TV - Slogan: "All the videos, none of the crap!") I never heard of the Canadian ones, so you're way up on me.

You guys sent us Bob and Doug McKenzie!!!!! Thanks for that! Also Michael J. Fox. You could tell he was Canadian on Family Ties whenever Alex said "sorry" because you guys have that weird accent. ;) (Joke!)

They should just show 80s videos in there. If we can't have something new or even HISTA, just play 80s videos all day, every day. "I Want To Be a Cowboy" (and you can be my cowgirl), "The Future's So Bright (I Gotta Wear Shades)" and some "Sunglasses At Night" would be a great start.

The 80s were really the best decade. :)

JenniferS

Premium Member
I had a small poster of Corey Hart up on my wall. You guys weren't the only only ones who wanted to marry him! I also wanted to marry George Michael and got very upset when my brother insisted he was gay. "How would you know?" my friend and I always asked. We meant it, lol.

Martha Quinn, not Mark. :) Mark's last name was Goodman. And they're all on Sirius except for JJ Jackson, who is on HTV (Heaven TV - Slogan: "All the videos, none of the crap!")

They should just show 80s videos in there. If we can't have something new or even HISTA, just play 80s videos all day, every day. "I Want To Be a Cowboy" (and you can be my cowgirl), "The Future's So Bright (I Gotta Wear Shades)" and some "Sunglasses At Night" would be a great start.

The 80s were really the best decade. :)
But the hair - ugh!

luv

But the hair - ugh!
No, I liked the hair...and the headbands and bows we put it in it. I even liked the one-sided ponytail smack on the side of my head, which I admit was not the best look for any of us, lol. I just watched the A-Ha video. Her hair was cute!

I liked the bright, flirty, girly clothes, the hair, the music, movies...I loved the 80s and wish the whole decade could just repeat every ten years.

I liked the guys then, too. It was before everyone decided to raise sensitive, wimpy guys. Guys were like - guys. And they turned into men.

Now they cry and get facials.

JenniferS

Premium Member
No, I liked the hair...and the headbands and bows we put it in it. I even liked the one-sided ponytail smack on the side of my head, which I admit was not the best look for any of us, lol. I just watched the A-Ha video. Her hair was cute!

I liked the bright, flirty, girly clothes, the hair, the music, movies...I loved the 80s and wish the whole decade could just repeat every ten years.
So funny about the headbands.
I attended Catholic high school, with a strict uniform policy, and was once called out for my headband. I argued that it was decorative jewelry, much like a necklace. My teacher then made me drop the headband from my forehead and wear it as a necklace. It kind of became "our thing". I would sport it as a headband 5 periods/day, and as a necklace for Science class, until the end of that school year.
Leg warmers were also a big no-no at school, which seems pretty ridiculous given that we were wearing kilts, in Canada, in the winter!
Gosh, we were such rebels back then.

luv

The leg warmers actually served a good purpose in the wintertime, lol. We were allowed headbands, but no lace, or anything hanging from them. A simple piece of plastic only. Barrettes, but no ribbon hanging down. Boys couldn't have a comb handle sticking up from their pockets. Etc, etc.

We couldn't even have jewelry, except for a simple cross. One girl wore a rosary like Madonna and got SUSPENDED. No joke.

The general rule was, "Ugly Only!"

But at least we didn't dress like little hookers like girls do now. We're so far off topic. The Mom will be so disappointed when she gets up. Sorry, The Mom.

luv

It really does scream 80s. They should do the waiting area up, 80s style. Theming is important!

We should arrange an 80s Day at Captain EO, lol. Everyone comes dressed in their 80s best. Blue and pink eye shadow, blue mascara, pink lipstick. Rock out to Wham! Sing some Twisted Sister. We'd be so cool. ;)

Bairstow

Here's something interesting for all you EO fans: a serious-sounding march version of "We Are Here to Change the World" recorded for the never-to-be Tomorrowland 2055 at Disneyland.

Welcome_back_captain_by_mosquitoworks.jpg

Dragonrider1227

I just had a thought. If the ride isn't redone any time soon, maybe they could make that presentation they showed of the original Journey into Imagintion into a 3D show and put it there XD

No Phineas and Ferb... Never should they be in any Future World attractions. No, Disney characters except for Dreamfinder and Figment should be in any Future World Attraction. Thats why they have the Magic Kingdom, whats they're plan, to make Epcot into an overflow Magic Kingdom, a sistering park from it. They might as well call it Disney's Florida Adventure!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its Epcot, if they want attractions featuring Disney Characters they can put those attractions in a designated park for that called the Magic Kingdom. Hey I know... why not make them an attraction in Tomorrowland.
because THEN you'll get people complaining that they don't take place in the future :p
If they belong anywhere it's Hollywood Studios. I always thought they should do a motion simulator ride of Phineas and Ferb's "Coolest coaster ever"

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

I just had a thought. If the ride isn't redone any time soon, maybe they could make that presentation they showed of the original Journey into Imagintion into a 3D show and put it there XD

because THEN you'll get people complaining that they don't take place in the future :p
If they belong anywhere it's Hollywood Studios. I always thought they should do a motion simulator ride of Phineas and Ferb's "Coolest coaster ever"
I've been thinking about what you said, and have reviewed, in my mind, the original Imagination ride and to be honest, I don't remember any reference to being in the future. It was imagined to be in the present and what we currently can do with imagination. Done right, and there is no guarantee of that, P & F could be a very interesting, funny and informative show. Of course, the kicker is the phrase...if done right!

Ernierich

HISTA never really floated my boat and while I did enjoy Captain EO (I do accept that it's very dated) I'd love to see a Phineas and Ferb 4D show. My DD would be even more happy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom