captain eo closing ?

Bairstow

I heard in a to good to be true post that that area is going to be used as the post show because they are putting track where the gift shop and Image Works is. Like I said, great dream but i'm still not getting my hopes up.

That does sound too good to be true.
Disney rides get shorter over time, not longer.

draybook

I definitely hope they can put that '80s relic to bed and get back in the swing of things with the hip comedy stylings of Rick Moranis.

So we want a legendary singer and his 80's "relic" to go away so we can watch a guy who was barely relevant in the 90's to entertain us with a movie that is largely forgotten by the public?

Is that you Iger?

Goofyernmost

Best rumor I've heard was a Phineas & Ferb 4D
I'll get shot for this, but, I think that they could do some really good stuff with that franchise. If you have never seen it, it is more about imagination that anything that Disney has done in years. I think it is a perfect fit and although it appears to be a kids show, it contains a lot of subtle references that would fly right over a kids head. I don't think I would be opposed to that at all. Of course, it depends on what they do with it. And it is an original Disney creation. It's like having a dream come true.

Goofyernmost

That does sound too good to be true.
Disney rides get shorter over time, not longer.
That's because according to surveys taken, I can only assume, of people with severe bladder control issues, they have determined that the public demands shorter sessions of entertainment. Apparently they all gotta pee and cannot concentrate once it kicks in.:arghh:

THEMEPARKPIONEER

No Phineas and Ferb... Never should they be in any Future World attractions. No, Disney characters except for Dreamfinder and Figment should be in any Future World Attraction. Thats why they have the Magic Kingdom, whats they're plan, to make Epcot into an overflow Magic Kingdom, a sistering park from it. They might as well call it Disney's Florida Adventure!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its Epcot, if they want attractions featuring Disney Characters they can put those attractions in a designated park for that called the Magic Kingdom. Hey I know... why not make them an attraction in Tomorrowland.

Bairstow

No, Disney characters except for Dreamfinder and Figment should be in any Future World Attraction.

That ship sailed a long time ago.

images

lilclerk

So we want a legendary singer and his 80's "relic" to go away so we can watch a guy who was barely relevant in the 90's to entertain us with a movie that is largely forgotten by the public?

Is that you Iger?
thatsthejoke.jpg

Sorry, I had to.

I love the heck out of EO, especially over HISTA, but I totally understand that it needs to go. Something new would be wonderful.
Although, the Honey I Shrunk The... movies are on Netflix now (at least one of them anyway.) Maybe they'll start regaining enough popularity and HISTA will end up coming back.

...forget I ever said that.

wdwfan4ver

I definitely hope they can put that '80s relic to bed and get back in the swing of things with the hip comedy stylings of Rick Moranis.
There is a big problem issue. I remembered Rick Moranis back in the 1980's with Ghostbusters, Little shop of horrors, Spaceballs and Honey, I Shrunk the kids. Rick Moranis in the 1990's got more irrelevant as the decade went on.

Honey, I Shrunk the Kids was a hit movie in 1989. The catch is the movie has been forgotten about.

FettFan

You're not alone! I love EO!

I love EO too, but he's had a good run and it's horribly dated. Bring it (and HISTA) back for special events and such, but bring us a brand new sci-fi adventure show.

Oh, and get the Brothers Nolan to produce and direct it. ;)
jonchris.jpg

Instant win!

Matt_Black

Don't be talkin' smack about Rick Moranis!

Also, he was in Brother Bear. If you haven't, watch the DVD commentary with him and Dave Thomas. It is hilarious.

draybook

I'd rather them gut the theater than bring back HISTA.

I like Rick Moranis but I'd pick the King of Pop over the Keymaster any day.

Last edited:

mweier

Meh. Now, if it was a show dedicated solely to Doofenshmirtz? YES.
Good point! However, i doubt you could do P&F without including Agent P & Doofenshchmirtz. Phineas & Ferb are some of the most imaginative characters Disney has in terms of using their imagination every episode; seems it could be a good fit to me, though possibly dated in 5-6 years (unlike Captain EO?). Crossover w/ Dreamfinder & Figment would be even better.

TyrantBoss

Next major attraction for Epcot...Duffy DVC

No kidding. Can Disney be stuffing Duffy down our throats any more at Epcot?
Duffy is like cousin Oliver on the Brady Bunch, or Scrappy Doo being introduced on the Scooby Doo show.

children that are brought in just to try to keep things young...and make money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom