captain eo closing ?

Figaro928

So if not EO or HISTA, then what? It's a big place to fill. While a F&P attraction might work, would they really invest in a TV cartoon that may not be relevant in 2 years (and considering how fast Disney works - by the time its even open). Since it is in the Imagination Pavillion, my idea is make a whole new Dreamfinder interactive movie attraction.

Figaro928

While I didn't get to see EO this trip & never was a big fan of HISTA, i was always fond of the "true colors" pre-show video - even if it was one big commercial for .... Kodak?

bgraham34

No kidding. Can Disney be stuffing Duffy down our throats any more at Epcot?
Duffy is like cousin Oliver on the Brady Bunch, or Scrappy Doo being introduced on the Scooby Doo show.

children that are brought in just to try to keep things young...and make money.

Poor Oliver he just wanted to be accepted.

luv

what is this HISTA you are speaking of? lol.
When EO had become old, it was replaced with a new movie, "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience." (HISTA.). That was in there forever.

After Michael Jackson died, Disney put EO back in.

They could take EO put and put HISTA back in until they have something new. It gets my vote.

But I'd rather have EO than nothng. :)

Matt_Black

When EO had become old, it was replaced with a new movie, "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience." (HISTA.). That was in there forever.

After Michael Jackson died, Disney put EO back in.

They could take EO put and put HISTA back in until they have something new. It gets my vote.

But I'd rather have EO than nothng. :)

It wasn't so much that Captain EO had gotten old, though I'm sure that played a part, it was moreso of the allegations at the time. Disney really didn't want an attraction with all the media scandal.

As far as EO coming back, there was a big push from fans even before Michael died, no doubt aided by the acquital he recieved; his death just added incentive.

sisdunk2

I read its closing January 2014
I heard it is closing too. I live in South Florida and about three times a year I squeeze in EPCOT if I only have an hour or so on a park hopper JUST to see EO again ( and Soarin and TestTrac)! I saw EO 30 years ago, (and Victory Tour at the Orange Bowl in 1984) ...so yes it is like reviving an old video but love seeing MJ! When I went the crowd was stoked and all left singing "Can You Feel It" and "We Are Here to Change The World"!!! I suggested Disney should put together some of the video tape they have in archives and add the "Making of EO" so we can see some new behind the scenes of Michael Jackson! I would hate to see it close.

Cmdr_Crimson

Very low chance of happening but what if they put Cranium Command in the EO theater?
865.jpg

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
Captain EO was a great 1 time viewing but after that we don't care to view it again. It would be nice to see something modern in their
I saw it for the first time a couple of weeks ago.

Didn't love it.
Didn't hate it.
Quite frankly, didn't get it.

luv

I saw it for the first time a couple of weeks ago.

Didn't love it.
Didn't hate it.
Quite frankly, didn't get it.
Michael stops goofing off and saves the land by singing and dancing.

There wasn't much to get.

The part with the singing and dancing is typical of Michael's videos, back in the day. So, people who never saw any will have an idea what they were like. That's how we middle-aged people had fun thirty years ago, watching music videos instead of doing our homework. We didn't have texting and Internet to do instead of homework. We had to do something. And Billy Idol told us to watch MTV, so we did. :)

JenniferS

Premium Member
Michael stops goofing off and saves the land by singing and dancing.

There wasn't much to get.

The part with the singing and dancing is typical of Michael's videos, back in the day. So, people who never saw any will have an idea what they were like. That's how we middle-aged people had fun thirty years ago, watching music videos instead of doing our homework. We didn't have texting and Internet to do instead of homework. We had to do something. And Billy Idol told us to watch MTV, so we did. :)
I am 46, so definitely middle aged too, although how the heck that happened, I'll never know.

Growing up in Canada, we didn't have MTV. We had Much Music and Jet Rocks (from Erie, I think).

In the mid-80's, videos told a story, or wowed you with special effects. My personal faves: Money for Nothing (Dire Straits), Cry (Godley and Creme), and of course, Thriller.

Despite the pedigree of its director (FFC) and producer (George Lucas), Captain EO is no Thriller.

JenniferS

Premium Member
It was the 80's music videos never made sense..
For sure, many did not, but some were very well done.
Because I was a teen in the 80's, I always thought the 80's music was the best. Big hair bands, synthesizers, eye candy videos.
It wasn't until I got Sirius XM radio, with a dedicated 80's channel, that I realized there was just as much crap in the 80's as any other decade - if not more.
Some things are best left in the 80's. I'm thinking EO may be one of them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom