Captain Cook's

DisneyJunkie

Is it just me or is the Polynesian's Captain Cook's in need of an overhaul? We stayed at the Poly for our honeymoon in September and naturally made our way down to Cook's quite a few times, but all I can think of is how small the place is, how very limited their food offerings are, and how much it could use some work. Several times, my wife and I made our way over to the Roaring Forks at Wilderness Lodge for something to eat. At least there it was much roomier, they had more to offer in terms of cooked food or snacks, and it just seemed a better place to eat at. Does anyone else agree with me on Captain Cook's?

SandySHM

I agree. We stayed there last August. Very limited menu, very small seating are, and very slow. Still had a great time though. Can't wait to stay at POFQ this July.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

I was disappointed, too. I was expecting big things...its much too small for the size of the Resort & the choices were very limited. Love the one at the WL , they have daily breakfast, lunch/dinner specials, soup, chili and great sandwiches & salads. The seating was very bad until the took over the arcade & put a new dining room in.

Upvote 0

artvandelay

Asolutely! Too small and not enough of a selection. I think the whole Lobby of the Poly needs an overhaul. It reminds me of the set of The Brady Bunch.

Upvote 0

johnvree

Originally posted by artvandelay
Asolutely! Too small and not enough of a selection. I think the whole Lobby of the Poly needs an overhaul. It reminds me of the set of The Brady Bunch.

:eek: :eek: :eek: artvandelay, please post a picture of yourself. I am making a vodoo doll of you and I would like it to be accurate. :lol: :lol:

You see Brady Bunch; I see old Hawaii (which is kind of strange since I've never been to Hawaii :lookaroun ). Actually, I think the Lobby was renovated back in the late 90s. So I don't think it is changing any time soon.

As for Capt. Cook's, it is small and the food is kind of basic. The outside seating give you a little more room. The food, I think, is pretty good. I was there last in 1998. We were sitting next to a couple and the woman said, "this burger's kind of greasy". :rolleyes: OK, it's a fast food joint, so you cannot expect to much. But if you are craving a burger and fries, it will hit the spot.

Upvote 0

artvandelay

John, I see those staircases in the Lobby and I think Brady Bunch. I can't post a picture, but I'm a short, balding man, who wants to be an architect.

Upvote 0

CO-CFI

Can't agree more. We were there over Christmas with a group of 11 and Capt. Cooks was old after a day or two. Even Gasporilla at the GF has limited seating. We did think that the Mara at the AKL had a decent amount of seating, and the menus were pretty cool.

Upvote 0

tikiman

It is supposed to open the begining of December. They might have a soft opening to try it out the week of Thanks Giving but it is not expected to be fully functional until December.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom