Captain America 2 The Winter Soldier

Cesar R M

there are a few people talking about it on the WHERE IN THE WORLD IS BOB SAGET thread.

saw it today, really good.

216bruce

Saw it Thursday evening and really, really enjoyed it. A few surprises and lots of non-CGI "stuff" going on, like car crashes, stunts, explosions, etc. Glad to see that SHIELD on TV is tying into the whole plotline of the movies too.

Animaniac93-98

In only 10 days of release, Winter Soldier's foreign box office total has surpassed the first movie's. It's sitting at over $300 million worldwide already. Crazy.

Disneyfanman

Original Poster
We are Agents of Shield fans and we thought that there were quite a few links between the plot of the movie and the series. Standing alone though, the new CA was exciting and fun in its own right. It felt, to us, like it had the same vibe as "The Avengers", which is a high compliment from us.

NMBC1993

Just got off the Disney Dream during the midnight release of Winter Soldier and I have to say this is the best Marvel film to date. I loved everything about it. It is definitely the darkest of all the Marvel films and blends in events that can be compared to our world today. Also, move over Loki it's time for the Winter Soldier to rise, he is a major threat throughout the entire film and at times a real bada**. If your a fan of The Avengers you'll be disappointed in the lack of one liners, there are some but most of the film is presented in a serious tone and they knew exactly when to pull back.

Last edited:

RubyLee

Just got off the Disney Dream during the midnight release of Winter Soldier and I have to say this is the best Marvel film to date. I loved everything about it. It is definitely the darkest of all the Marvel films and blends in events that can be compared to our world today. Also, move over Loki it's time for the Winter Soldier to rise, he is a major threat throughout the entire film and at times a real bada**. If your a fan of The Avengers you'll be disappointed in the lack of one liners, there are some but most of the film is presented in a serious tone and they knew exactly when to pull back.
I agree--one of Marvel's best to date! The Falcon & the Winter Soldier were great additions. Hope to see them pop up in future Marvel movies....

NMBC1993

The Falcon & the Winter Soldier were great additions. Hope to see them pop up in future Marvel movies....

I completely forgot to mention Falcon! Anthony Mackie did a great job as Samuel Wilson and I felt his chemistry with Evans far exceeds RDJ and Don Cheadle's partnership.

RubyLee

I completely forgot to mention Falcon! Anthony Mackie did a great job as Samuel Wilson and I felt his chemistry with Evans far exceeds RDJ and Don Cheadle's partnership.
I love Rhodey from the comics but never got the duo/partner vibe from the Iron Man movies. Don Cheadle was more of a sidekick (maybe because of RDJ's show stopping charisma as Iron Man).

Anyway....squirrel....Falcon & the Cap are my favorite Marvel duo (beating out Hawkeye & Black Widow). Hopefully Falcon will make an appearance in Age of Ultron!

Hobnail Boot

Saw it Friday night and loved it. I'll probably go again this week. Falcon was spot on and I hope in the next movie he gets and actual uniform since this was pretty much a wings-on-whatever-I'm-wearing outfit. And that mid-credits scene got me really excited even though I've seen pictures online.

|Q|

What to say... HAIL HYDRA!

(BTW, last two episodes of Agents of SHIELD have been awesome, at last)

jw24

Saw last Monday and I loved it. Compared to Thor: The Dark World and Iron Man 3, Captain America: Winter Soldier topped both of them in my book. The story was compelling, Falcon I thought was a nice addition and have to agree on how the great the action scenes were.

Hobnail Boot

Sebastian Stan has a 6 or 7 movie deal, so everywhere.

Future of WS character:
Bucky takes over the Captain America mantle in the comics at different points.
Well, until he
dies a horrible death only to really be alive and back as the Winter Soldier.
:p Gotta love comic stories.

erasure fan1

Just got back from it and it was really really good. I liked falcon a lot more than I thought I would. This movie had a lot of little things pointing to whats in the future for the Marvel series and that was very cool. My only real issue is that I wish they went into a little more depth of when the winter soldier was created. They hit the important parts so no biggie, but maybe a more in depth look on the Blu-Ray would be cool. I will say that the Stan the man scene was his best yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom