News Capital Expenditures at Disney's domestic theme parks to be cut by 700 million dollars

doctornick

Play and delaying DAK construction to next FY explain a good deal of this.
What is the timetable for the Avengers ride in DCA? If that gets pushed back too, it can also contribute for this.

Who was it that said the Domestic Parks have PLENTY OF MONEY??????

They still have “plenty of money” allotted though. This is about 10% less of the current annual CapEx. That’s not insignificant but it’s not like it’s a wholesale slashing of the parks’ budgets. And they’ve recently opened (or about to open) a lot of very expensive lands and attractions.

ToTBellHop

What is the timetable for the Avengers ride in DCA? If that gets pushed back too, it can also contribute for this.

They still have “plenty of money” allotted though. This is about 10% less of the current annual CapEx. That’s not insignificant but it’s not like it’s a wholesale slashing of the parks’ budgets. And they’ve recently opened (or about to open) a lot of very expensive lands and attractions.
I’m sure it’s included. It’s not that hard to delay a FY. They could start ground clearing this FY if they want but just make sure large-scale construction doesn’t begin until fall.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I would not read too much into a reduction during this FY. Re-evaluation has slowed some projects into next FY. We already knew about some Epcot changes.
YES. This is a mountain out of a mole hill. New boss came in. He said “should we really be doing these things”. Those things came off the table or got put into re-work. Therefore CapEx is down.

Nothing to see here people, move along.

ToTBellHop

YES. This is a mountain out of a mole hill. New boss came in. He said “should we really be doing these things”. Those things came off the table or got put into re-work. Therefore CapEx is down.

Nothing to see here people, move along.
The only thing I know of that has had its budget completely removed is Play. And even that is intended to open one day as something.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
PWhat is the timetable for the Avengers ride in DCA? If that gets pushed back too, it can also contribute for this.
Was that the one that Slaphead said just last year he as gonna “look for the money for?”
And how are they handling the crowds in Florida these days? I haven’t been keeping track…
All that new stuff should do the trick

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I picked a good year(and from now on to take.my.family to Tokyo)

They cut 700 million from new projects and maintaining current assets...two things theme need to do! Hmm.

They already have struggled with these things majorly since 2011.
1675941473083.jpeg

tanc

Doesn't matter, all Disney cares about is people spending money. They can cut the budget all they want and provide a completely inferior experience as before, and still reap the money of people. People will always be willing to pay to go to Disney. If you are willing to spend the money, why should they care?

The past 3 years has taught me that people are compliant with what ever the mouse puts out. Yes, I understand adults want their children to experience Disney; despite their disdain towards changes, they still go. It will never change because people will always choose their children over things changing in the parks. The mouse knows this, so they bank off the memories of all the adults.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Doesn't matter, all Disney cares about is people spending money. They can cut the budget all they want and provide a completely inferior experience as before, and still reap the money of people. People will always be willing to pay to go to Disney. If you are willing to spend the money, why should they care?

The past 3 years has taught me that people are compliant with what ever the mouse puts out. Yes, I understand adults want their children to experience Disney; despite their disdain towards changes, they still go. It will never change because people will always choose their children over things changing in the parks. The mouse knows this, so they bank off the memories of all the adults.
Little dramatic, mate.

Cliff

All of the pain and suffering that Disney is about to go through is just the normal "cause and effect" equasion that is a rule of the universe. Disney makes choices and market forces react.

Make the right choices and get the right reaction. Make bad choices and get a bad reaction. What Disney is feeling today is just a natural market reaction to the many bad choices they have made.

If they continue to make bad choices, then yes, market forces will continue punish them....

I think that there is an errogant, poisonous thinking in Disney today and that is: "We are too big to fail and we can do whatever we want...."

I think this poison could kill them before they realize it's even happening.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom