News Capital Expenditures at Disney's domestic theme parks to be cut by 700 million dollars

ctrlaltdel

If things don’t fall through, there will be big projects opening in WDW during the 2025-2030 interval.
They absolutely need to. Def been way too slow to react to Epic Universe. That being said, I assume the goal is to add something relatively big every year from the mid to end of decade?

ToTBellHop

They absolutely need to. Def been way too slow to react to Epic Universe. That being said, I assume the goal is to add something relatively big every year from the mid to end of decade?
To be fair, they’ve added a ton since 2016 and are opening an E-ticket in 2 months. The Epcot work and Tiana will have to do through 2024. Some DAK changes in 2025 should be expected.

ctrlaltdel

To be fair, they’ve added a ton since 2016 and are opening an E-ticket in 2 months. The Epcot work and Tiana will have to do through 2024. Some DAK changes in 2025 should be expected.
Yeah I haven't been upset with the pace of new stuff the past 6-7 years. They just seemed to let off the gas after the big 50th additions were done instead of keeping it up, which was short-sighted with Epic Universe coming. And it took Chapek getting booted to seem to push things forward. But I'm much more positive on the future now because at the very least, Iger knows to spend money (now whether people are happy about what he's spending it on is a whole 'nother thing).

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Yeah I haven't been upset with the pace of new stuff the past 6-7 years. They just seemed to let off the gas after the big 50th additions were done instead of keeping it up, which was short-sighted with Epic Universe coming. And it took Chapek getting booted to seem to push things forward. But I'm much more positive on the future now because at the very least, Iger knows to spend money (now whether people are happy about what he's spending it on is a whole 'nother thing).
That’s the point I was about to make at the end there. Spending money Disney is good at. Spending money on the right things, eh not so much. The harmonious barges say hi

ctrlaltdel

That’s the point I was about to make at the end there. Spending money Disney is good at. Spending money on the right things, eh not so much. The harmonious barges say hi
I personally have enjoyed the majority of additions. I had a great trip down a few weeks ago, first time at WDW in awhile. Still wish they would let WDI cook with some non-IP attractions but i'm resigned to it never happening.

Jrb1979

I personally have enjoyed the majority of additions. I had a great trip down a few weeks ago, first time at WDW in awhile. Still wish they would let WDI cook with some non-IP attractions but i'm resigned to it never happening.
I wish they would change the strategy and come up with an amazing ride first then try to work the IP in.

jpinkc

I wouldnt say they need all E Tickets, they need QUALITY ATTRACTIONS. I think that might be a problem with Epic Universe is lack of B,C,D tier attractions.

Dutch Inn '76

Cut more. Charge more. ‘Merica

I don’t think this was the “progress” Walt had in mind
Hey, I don't like it either - but costs went up >40% for my business last year. I'm sure Disney is struggling with the same problems - especially as it relates to construction and development.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Remind me how this works... Doesn't delaying Moana past a certain point contribute to this delayed spending? If they don't open it until the next FY, doesn't that delay the expenditure until next year's books? Could that be a big reason why they are delaying this? Possibly delaying starting on the Avengers E ticket in DL too...

ToTBellHop

Remind me how this works... Doesn't delaying Moana past a certain point contribute to this delayed spending? If they don't open it until the next FY, doesn't that delay the expenditure until next year's books? Could that be a big reason why they are delaying this? Possibly delaying starting on the Avengers E ticket in DL too...
Yes.

SteamboatJoe

Disney needs all kinds of attraction letters. It just needs more things to do, better capacity handling, and to spread out the crowds
This is a legit gripe. Too many E tickets, attractions with narrow appeal, unnecessary demolitions, and over the top overlays as opposed to filling in underutilized or vacant space and making additions which are solid, crowd eating, and appropriate for most of the demographic. Magic Kingdom doesn't need another E. It needs at least half a dozen Bs, Cs, and Ds.

Tha Realest

Still wish they would let WDI cook with some non-IP attractions
7D3FD840-A5B8-4017-B33F-B47F8C5EFE84.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom