Cape May has an automated check-in booth

TrainsOfDisney

Remember when they tried automation at Pecos Bill and we were too stupid to order tacos or prevent polar ice from melting?

Good times.

Pecos Bill, Contempo Cafe and counter service at Polynesian. Didn’t last long.

I do like mobile ordering sometimes.... especially at Disneyland when I can mobile order my sandwich at jolly holiday while waiting in line for my passion tea down the street.

ToTBellHop

Pecos Bill, Contempo Cafe and counter service at Polynesian. Didn’t last long.

I do like mobile ordering sometimes.... especially at Disneyland when I can mobile order my sandwich at jolly holiday while waiting in line for my passion tea down the street.
I love Mobile Order, but it self-regulates since you need a phone and need to be a pro at using it and the MDE app. Kiosks out in the open will have confused geriatrics causing a line.

Smooth

_caleb

I get that this was a pilot program, but I don't understand why they need screens and stands all over the place. Shouldn't the check-in be handled using the guest's phone/magic band? Seems like they should ask for my phone number when I make a reservation, and then geofencing and/or magic band tapstyles should be used to tell Disney that my party has arrived. Then they text me to let me know my table is ready. I know not everyone uses a phone, so maybe that's why they're needed?

nickys

Premium Member
I get that this was a pilot program, but I don't understand why they need screens and stands all over the place. Shouldn't the check-in be handled using the guest's phone/magic band? Seems like they should ask for my phone number when I make a reservation, and then geofencing and/or magic band tapstyles should be used to tell Disney that my party has arrived. Then they text me to let me know my table is ready. I know not everyone uses a phone, so maybe that's why they're needed?

The article says that guests without a US phone number need to use the podium.

Not every guest uses a magic band either.

dreamfinder

The check in software I believe already supports multiple devices. At least I'm pretty sure I've seen CMs using tablets to offer extra check ins when it's busy. Building a new GUI for that is almost definitely easier and faster than rolling out a change to MDE, which probably doesn't currently interface with the check in software. For a pilot, this option was probably much faster, easier and cheaper.

Club Cooloholic

I find that customers do not care for self order kiosks. McDonald's is putting these in all many stores. I rarely see anyone use them and will wait in line to order from a human. The only successful application i experienced was in Central London where it you wanted food, you used the kiosk. There were no order taking staff.
I find the redesign at all the McDonalds bizarre. Half the seating is useless if you have younger kids(the best is coffee table type sitting areas where the chairs and table are bolted in place so its impossible to eat using the table even if you are an adult). But I do like the kiosk in that I can specify how I want my burger(no mustard), you can even add lettuce and tomatoes for a pretty good price.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom