Capacity in Parks

Gwen

Original Poster
I just got back from a wonderful week at Disney and am curious. Does anyone know what the capacity is at the 4 parks? :wave: :wave:

phlydude

Magic Kingdom is 100,000. Once it gets to 75,000, they shut down the gates (if the parking isn't already filled) to allow resort guests on buses to come and go to the 100k mark.

phlydude said:
Magic Kingdom is 100,000. Once it gets to 75,000, they shut down the gates (if the parking isn't already filled) to allow resort guests on buses to come and go to the 100k mark.

Pretty far off there. Park usually hits capacity at around 70,000..they may top out at 75-80k, but never anything higher than that. Epcot can hit somewhere around 90-100k possibly higher, MGM can get to roughly 50k, and DAK probably somewhere around 65k.

phlydude

MK is rated to hold 100k people. While it may never get there, that is legally how many people it can hold.

flyersmv

brubuc said:
MK 60,000
Epcot 60,000
AK 20,000
MGM 20,000
:wave:

im 95%sure that this is wrong sorry to tell u........Epcot gets the most admissions with MK right behind it and epoct is sum in the 70-80 K and MK is about 60-70K

then mgm is about 40K and AK is about 50K

peter11435

brubuc said:
MK 60,000
Epcot 60,000
AK 20,000
MGM 20,000
Sorry, But all four of those are incorrect. 20,000x365 would only be 7.3 million. And that is assuming the park was at capacity every day for a year.

- Disney-MGM Studios, Orlando -- 8.3 million,
- Disney's Animal Kingdom, Orlando -- 7.7 million

Above was the estimated attendance from 2001, as you can see both MGM and Ak add attendance higher than would be possible with those capacities. Who ever told you those numbers was way wrong.

scorp111

I thought it depended on how big the people were? :rolleyes:

What part of Louisiana are you from Gwen?

And Welcome to the boards :)

DisneyJill

peter11435 said:
Sorry, But all four of those are incorrect. 20,000x365 would only be 7.3 million. And that is assuming the park was at capacity every day for a year.

- Disney-MGM Studios, Orlando -- 8.3 million,
- Disney's Animal Kingdom, Orlando -- 7.7 million

Above was the estimated attendance from 2001, as you can see both MGM and Ak add attendance higher than would be possible with those capacities. Who ever told you those numbers was way wrong.

Park hopping my friend. The parks could be filled to capacity many times a day with people coming in and out, therefore potentially starting the day with, let's say these numbers are right, 60,000 in the am at MK, 60,000 new folks in the afternoon, and 60,000 new ones in the evening. There's 180,000 totally different people in a day. (yes, everyone, I understand this isn't going to happen. I'm just pointing out how the capacity doesn't really help to figure out the yearly attendance figures)

And I'm not sure of the numbers, but Epcot holds way more people than any other park. Usually it is suggested that guests head there if the other parks are full. I thought Epcot topped out at around 100,000. And MGM holds the fewest, when I worked there I was told around 40,000.

peter11435

DisneyJill said:
Park hopping my friend. The parks could be filled to capacity many times a day with people coming in and out, therefore potentially starting the day with, let's say these numbers are right, 60,000 in the am at MK, 60,000 new folks in the afternoon, and 60,000 new ones in the evening. There's 180,000 totally different people in a day. (yes, everyone, I understand this isn't going to happen. I'm just pointing out how the capacity doesn't really help to figure out the yearly attendance figures)

And I'm not sure of the numbers, but Epcot holds way more people than any other park. Usually it is suggested that guests head there if the other parks are full. I thought Epcot topped out at around 100,000. And MGM holds the fewest, when I worked there I was told around 40,000.

Actually when you park hop your attendance is only counted once, at the first park you visit.

miles1

I was there on July 4th once.

When you feel something cool and clammy in your armpit, and turn around to find it's Minnie's nose, the park is at capacity. :lol:

wannab@dis

peter11435 said:
Actually when you park hop your attendance is only counted once, at the first park you visit.
I've also heard that your attendance is counted at the first park you visit that day. However, I'm sure that Disney keeps up with the total visitors entering the gates whether they are hoppers or not. It would be really cool to see the actual "first entry" attendance versus the "hopper" attendance for each park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom