Cap 3

Earl Sweatpants

Alright...I'll do it. I'll be that guy.
I walked out of this movie feeling...eh.
Maybe its that I don't enjoy Captain America as a character all that much (Team IronMan over here) but I feel like this was nothing more than a vague attempt to tie up Cap's previous storylines while introducing us to other characters to come. Consider this film then a Diet Avengers + Cap "Trilogy" Ender. On that front, this movie didn't work for me. I was so much more invested in the side characters (Black Panther, Spiderman, etc) that I just wanted Cap and Iron Man to get it over with not really caring who "won" since you know in the back of your mind, they're gonna come back together eventually. Also, I will go on record to say that the Winter Soldier is perhaps my LEAST favorite character in the entire MCU. Yes, I said it. He sucks. He has a robot arm, and that about sums up his personality. Also I get Cap's loyalty to him (its oh so heart-string pulling), but my gosh, they oughta just get a room together at this point! Cap's attempts to do everything for his friend, at the expense of his other friends...it just wasn't that interesting. And I REALLY wish the MCU would come up with a different trope other than "mind control" for why people do the bad things they do. (sorry, hope that wasn't a spoiler). This movie really didn't have a compelling villain (hence Civil War) but again, you know at the end of the day, both sides will reconcile and we'll have the good ol' Avengers back in time to fight whatever new threat comes about.

2 bags of popcorn out of 5.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Alright...I'll do it. I'll be that guy.
I walked out of this movie feeling...eh.
Maybe its that I don't enjoy Captain America as a character all that much (Team IronMan over here) but I feel like this was nothing more than a vague attempt to tie up Cap's previous storylines while introducing us to other characters to come. Consider this film then a Diet Avengers + Cap "Trilogy" Ender. On that front, this movie didn't work for me. I was so much more invested in the side characters (Black Panther, Spiderman, etc) that I just wanted Cap and Iron Man to get it over with not really caring who "won" since you know in the back of your mind, they're gonna come back together eventually. Also, I will go on record to say that the Winter Soldier is perhaps my LEAST favorite character in the entire MCU. Yes, I said it. He sucks. He has a robot arm, and that about sums up his personality. Also I get Cap's loyalty to him (its oh so heart-string pulling), but my gosh, they oughta just get a room together at this point! Cap's attempts to do everything for his friend, at the expense of his other friends...it just wasn't that interesting. And I REALLY wish the MCU would come up with a different trope other than "mind control" for why people do the bad things they do. (sorry, hope that wasn't a spoiler). This movie really didn't have a compelling villain (hence Civil War) but again, you know at the end of the day, both sides will reconcile and we'll have the good ol' Avengers back in time to fight whatever new threat comes about.

2 bags of popcorn out of 5.
Sounds like you loved BVS.

Earl Sweatpants

Joking, just joking.

I will say though, you missed the actual villain of you think it was Zemo.

Its hard to tell sometimes with forum posts ;)
And no, I realize he's not the villain. I just think in general, the MCU lacks super compelling villains (after Loki, and I'll assume Thanos at some point). They just seem to exist for their specific movie and then are dispatched. Give me a good old recurring Batman villain any day.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Its hard to tell sometimes with forum posts ;)
And no, I realize he's not the villain. I just think in general, the MCU lacks super compelling villains (after Loki, and I'll assume Thanos at some point). They just seem to exist for their specific movie and then are dispatched. Give me a good old recurring Batman villain any day.
Somewhat agree. The DCEU villains are even worse.

Matt_Black

Somewhat agree. The DCEU villains are even worse.

Heck, the DC villains now make you long for when Arnie was Mr. Freeze. Sure, from a modern perspective, it was ridiculous, but when you consider that Batman & Robin was basically the Adam West show with a HUGE budget, he actually nailed it flawlessly.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Heck, the DC villains now make you long for when Arnie was Mr. Freeze. Sure, from a modern perspective, it was ridiculous, but when you consider that Batman & Robin was basically the Adam West show with a HUGE budget, he actually nailed it flawlessly.
Hahahahaha true!!

Bacon

This movie came out already I'm gonna pronounce this thread dead
DEAD R.I.P 2015-2016 R.I.P YOUNG THREAD

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom