Can't use table service for quickserv?

jcs4evas1298

Original Poster
I had read a few times that you could use table service vouchers for quick service food... which made sense since quickserv is cheaper. I just called disney and got a CM that said you could not do this. Is this true? Seems silly to me.

DisneyJoe

The standard plan does not allow this, however, usually during times when table service restaurants are very busy (ie Free Dining), this is sometimes allowed.

They will make a special announcement to let us know.

castevens

Seems stupid that they would not allow that, because its such a money-saver on their end. Although with careful planning, you should be able to not be in a situation where you'd need quick service with only a table service meal left

jcs4evas1298

Original Poster
Seems stupid that they would not allow that, because its such a money-saver on their end. Although with careful planning, you should be able to not be in a situation where you'd need quick service with only a table service meal left

There lies the entire problem... I don't want to plan carefully. I go on vacation to get away from structure, I never plan my vacations out knowing what Im going to do and where Im going to eat each day.

The standard plan does not allow this, however, usually during times when table service restaurants are very busy (ie Free Dining), this is sometimes allowed.

They will make a special announcement to let us know.

How far in advance will they let us know do you think?

Pioneer Hall

I have seen it done before on various occasions. Just talk to the person at the counter and you shouldn't have a problem (of course I can't guarantee this though).

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Does this apply to the Deluxe Dining Plan as well? I am just confused b/c on the Deluxe Dining Plan write up - it states what you get at a CS restaurant??? :veryconfu

gembob

For deluxe you get three meals per day, you are not restricted either QS or TS but instead you could have all of the table service if you wanted to.

harryk

For deluxe you get three meals per day, you are not restricted either QS or TS but instead you could have all of the table service if you wanted to.

Right on!! That's the basic reason that I purchased the Delux plan for my next visit. I had the basic plan last year and was VERRRRRRY disturbed when I found that most of the time I could not swap QS vs TS. So, naturally the first evening we planned out the remainder of our stay so as not to have 'left-overs'. Go delux if you have not as yet checked into the park. Once you check in - no changes are permitted.

:xmas::xmas::xmas:

TomHendricks

Is this new, because the first year of the DDP we were able to use Sit down for Quickserve. The last couple times we had the deluxe, but we have a trip coming up in Nov and we were gonna go with the Basic this time.

adambrady

We have been the last 2 years on free dining. Both times we used TS meals as QS. We did this at our hotel, the Poly with no problems. When we did this, we were also given a voucher for 2 snacks to be redeemed at the hotel gift store. To be honest, I don't really cre for the TS meals any longer. The food wasn't that good last year at all and it takes too much time away from having fun.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I'm sorry but I am a bit confused. With the deluxe (which we have this trip), we are able to use our TS at a QS location - this is correct right? Do you still get 2 snacks for each of these exchanges even on the Deluxe - or just if you use this exchange on the regular dining plan. Thanks! :wave:

Rob562

I'm sorry but I am a bit confused. With the deluxe (which we have this trip), we are able to use our TS at a QS location - this is correct right? Do you still get 2 snacks for each of these exchanges even on the Deluxe - or just if you use this exchange on the regular dining plan. Thanks! :wave:

With the Deluxe DDP, there is no distinction between Table and Counter credits. You simply get three "credits". Those credits can be used at either Counter or Table Service locations. Obviously they're worth more as a Table Service meal, but you have the option to use them for either.

And because they're interchangable, I doubt that they'd give you the extra snacks during the times that they offer that for people on the regular DDP.

-Rob

alecshawn

I have seen it done before on various occasions. Just talk to the person at the counter and you shouldn't have a problem (of course I can't guarantee this though).
Yep, its all about HOW you ask.
You just have to go for it.
There is ALOT of things one aint "supposed" to be able to do at WDW but its done...
But, asking right and having a decent CM....you may be in luck.

WDWNutzFamily

Just went 1st week of March and we did exchange the last day

We were told that you can exchange table for counter but you have to ask each individual restaurant. They told us that we definitely could at the resort but needed to ask inside the parks. We exchanged our table for Casey's and Columbia Harbor while at Magic on our Last Day. We had the standard dining that was free. Hope that helps.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom