Can't sleep...

KCheatle

We never have problems falling asleep!!! Heck! We (both adults and kids) take naps every day at WDW and then are usually in bed by 10:30 every night! But, we also wake up by 6:30 every day. My family is one of those that we all have internal clocks. It doesn't matter what time we go to bed, we all wake up 8 hours later.

Last edited:

Figgy1

I have never been to Disney World, but I am going at the end of the month. I am already having trouble falling asleep because I am so excited about this. I will probably not sleep any at all on the night before we go.
A most magical welcome! Have a magical first trip!

BuddyThomas

I guess it is excitement and anticipation but when we are at WDW I have a hard time getting to sleep and we never sleep in. We always get up very early, even on non park days.
Is it just me or do others have the same situation?
One word: VODKA.

Three more words: Lots of it.

And of course of you don't want to be a ridiculous heathen like me, I hear that counting sheep might help.......or something.

:)

acishere

The night leaving I can't sleep. It's a mix of excitement and that "I forgot to pack something, didn't I..." feeling.

At night when there I fall asleep rather easily. Better than at home where I find myself still away on my ipad past 1:30am. Although I was stuck on the pullout couch last trip and the bar poking me in the back kept me awake for a while.

Morning is not my friend ever usually. I get up early because it is necessary and just force myself to get going. A large cup of coffee also helps.

epcotisbest

Original Poster
Hahaha. I'm right there with you. As a matter of fact, one of my favorite things to do is get up super early, and stroll through the lobby and the grounds of our resort on my way to get coffee while almost nobody else at the resort is awake.
Early mornings at the resorts are wonderful. You can sometimes be the only person around. We also enjoy being the only ones at the pool sometimes. Check out this crowd on a very warm Sept. morning from our last trip:
image.jpg

Tribritt

I guess it is excitement and anticipation but when we are at WDW I have a hard time getting to sleep and we never sleep in. We always get up very early, even on non park days.
Is it just me or do others have the same situation?
I hope to sleep well. Last time we were there we ran so much I slept through shows I truly wanted to see! Made me mad to wake up and people were walking out. Ugh! And we stayed on site. I demand that we go back to the hotel and rest during the day!! Lol

GenerationX

We have no problem getting to sleep each night at the World. We are all morning people, by nature, so we are usually up first thing in the morning. However, if there's an early rope drop to hit and someone is still sleeping, I may "encourage" them to get moving by opening the curtains. :D

Blackburn23

Usually don't sleep the night before. When we are there no matter how tired I am I don't want to waste a second sleeping, trip always goes by too fast the way it is, don't want to miss anytime with my eyes closed

Blackburn23

As long as I bring my blanket, Im OUT easily at WDW!! hahaha The kiddos too. :)

Im always up bright and early! Hardest part for me is waiting for everyone else to wake up! haha

The trick for me is to turn on the park info channel, usually motivates the late sleepers to rise quickly!

Britt

The trick for me is to turn on the park info channel, usually motivates the late sleepers to rise quickly!
I think this time, as long as we're not "scheduled" for rope drop, I think Im just going to get myself ready and go walk the resort and explore! My oldest son usually gets up with me, so maybe we'll just head out together for some "bonding" time :) My hubby works hard all year so I try not to wake him on vacation if I can help it! hahaha!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom