Can't sleep...

Tom

Beta Return
Until a few years ago, I was always up and ready to hit rope drop at every partk - even after staying for EMH (or E-Ride Night). We did the same on our honeymoon in 2008. Since then, we've learned the value of sleeping in, especially after a late night in the parks.

If we DO end up at a rope drop, there's a definite need for a nap at about 2:00pm. Gosh, is 32 really that old?!?!

Poofiesdream

I always have trouble sleeping the first night when ever we travel. The strange bed, off eating times, excitement, and just settling in to new surroundings.

BigRedDad

Falling asleep is never an issue. It is staying asleep that is the problem. My mind kicks in, starts kicking into gear, and my head just spins at everything I have to do that day. Once that happens I am done sleeping. This is usually 4 hours into my sleep, every day.

RogueHabit

First day, after arrival, I am normally up at 4 or 5am, but that's really because of the timezone difference, though it is useful for doing an early morning explore of the hotel.

Most other days we're normally up around 6 and out by 8ish.

Sloan

I typically sleep very well while at the World - a full day of walking, lots of eating, and wine or cocktails with dinner usually combine to make me pretty tired. The resorts I favor all seem to be pretty good for sleeping too.

To the extent it is possible these days, I avoid busy times, so being up early to be at the parks for rope-drop is not necessary for me, but I do like to 'close' the parks - and take advantage of as many evening EMH's as possible. Still, because of the more limited hours during the 'off season' months that I usually visit, nights are still not that late. (As a single guy, I don't know if I'd be out late at PI / Adventurer's Club if that was still an option ... but I doubt it ;-)

epcotisbest

Original Poster
First day, after arrival, I am normally up at 4 or 5am, but that's really because of the timezone difference, though it is useful for doing an early morning explore of the hotel.

Most other days we're normally up around 6 and out by 8ish.
Yeah, we are usually always out the door by 8 if not earlier.

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
The night before we leave I can never sleep. And if we don't go to a park the first day we're there, then I can't sleep that night either, because I'm so excited for the next morning. And I hate waking up the last morning, because that means facing the reality of going home. :(

JIMINYCR

YES.......Too excited to sleep commercial. My all time favorite Disney commercial. I could watch this one over and over again. Shares all my feelings.

Were always up and on the go, sleep comes after the trip and when sadly we're back home.

Tom

Beta Return

I am never without a bottle of it. I take it on weekends to get good sleep (to make up for 5 nights of crappy sleep), and I usually take it every night during a WDW trip, because I can never wind down enough to get to sleep.

I was addicted to it for years, but weaned off it using Melatonin. Now it's purely recreational, lol. But, hey, my doc keeps dosing it out for me, and it's like $5 to fill.

With this said, I should probably stop typing, because I'm going on about 15 minutes on tonight's dose......zzzzz

Dog Ate Mouse

When we are at WDW we always go back to our room and then go to one of the quiet pools at PORs. After an hour we go back to the room shower and off to bed. No trouble sleeping at all. Actually, we sleep the best when at Disney. Now we always arrive one day erlier then when our package begins. The wife goes through her normal routine and gets us a room for the night at our resort and this room will be where we stay the duration of our package. The first night the wife is always so excited and gets up erly so we can check-in, get breakfast and begin to play in the parks. This is the only night I would say the DWF has a hard time sleeping followed by getting up erly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom