Can't find air line tickets?! Help

pixie1115

Original Poster
I can't find any tickets from Minneapolis to Orlando on the dates I need them and for the time I need them. I would like to arrive before noon but there is NOTHING. Should I wait and see if more come up? We have never flown before so I have no idea how this all works? Will more come up? The trip is not til October. How soon should I buy tickets?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
You have time :)

There are only 2 websites you need to search.

www.sidestep.com - it searches everything EXCEPT southwest.com, so of course, the second is

www.southwest.com - southwest airlines.

I travel way too freakin' much, so if you need help with airfare, let me know :)

CleveRocks

I can't find any tickets from Minneapolis to Orlando on the dates I need them and for the time I need them. I would like to arrive before noon but there is NOTHING. Should I wait and see if more come up? We have never flown before so I have no idea how this all works? Will more come up? The trip is not til October. How soon should I buy tickets?
It will be rare that more flights will be added in the future ... much more likely that one or two will be cancelled. You have 2 choices -- modify your plans to accommodate the airlines' schedules, or look to other airports that are farther from where you live.

There are short vacations I've wanted to do but nixed due to unacceptable airline schedules. I wanted to get away with my wife for a long weekend last year, and thought I'd treat her to a surprise flight somewhere. Well, since it was Friday through Sunday it couldn't be a long flight because I didn't want us to be eating up too much time sitting in airplanes. But we ended up driving somewhere 3 hours away because none of the flight schedules were any good. ALL of the flights I looked at for various places landed at the destination late-afternoon or evening on Friday, and left for home early-ish on Sunday, which really would have given us only one good day of vacation, Saturday. I had hoped for a flight out early Friday morning and a flight back late Sunday, but that wasn't to be.

H20Babie

I booked Winnipeg to Orlando (via Minneapolis) through NWA last July and we aren't leaving until the end of March. Last month, NWA had some schedule changes, and we are now leaving about an hour earlier, so no biggie. We also already have our seats assigned.

However, I found that I got the best fares by booking so early. I spent $600 Canadian per ticket each (cheapest anywhere) and now when I search for the same tickets, or tickets on the sames dates but different carriers, they come up at over $1600 each. Moral of my story: booking as early as you can saves you the big bucks!

isitingood

You will probaly have to fly into a different airport like O'Hare and catch a flight. I know this way isn't great but I doubt if they will add any flights .

amontpet

Try http://www.suncountry.com They are a fairly small airlines out of Mipls but have been around for years (they did have some problems after 911 I believe). They started out as a charter company mainly flew to Las Vegas and Orlando. They are out of Mpls. I just checked their website and they are only booking flights through Sept right now. Flights from Mpls to Orlando go out of the HHH Terminal so the airport is a breeze compared to Minneapolis/St. Paul International. Two more good things about them. Their flights are non-stop and leave Minn @ 8 am arrive in Orlando @ noon. 2nd good thing is the price. Round trip tickets are going for just under $240. You usually get a hot meal too. I have flown them several times and always had good service. I hope this helps. The way I see it is never give up if you are looking for something. If you look long and hard enough you will usually get it! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom