Can't decide between POR and POFQ

drp4video

We have stayed at POR the last three times we were at WDW (always did ASMU and POP before). it is DD, now 19, and I. I also stayed last March with my mom, age 73. She loved it. We always stay in the Mansions, because we love that theme. THe food court is good, never ate at Boatrights..mom and I loved piano Bob, DD has not seen him as the first time we were there she was 17 and this did not appear "cool" to her...lol. I guess I just ove the mansion theme, and the grounds, which is why we keep coming back.

We have gone to POFQ because the first time we stayed at POR the hot tub was not working, so we drove over to FQ to use theirs, and liked the theme there as well. THe cobblestone street were neat. Having never stayed overnight or eaten at the food court, I can't comment on that. It is smaller, but looks nice too.

Upvote 0

wdwshelby

Por!

I love POR and have stayed there twice, once in AB and once in the Mansions. I love the theming of both areas and hearing the clip-clop of the horses pulling the carriages. Last April, we stayed in Parterre Place in the farthest room facing the river on the second floor and did not feel it was too long of a walk. I also prefer the pool at POR as well as the additional quiet pools that are available there.

Upvote 0

figmentmom

I love them both, but the mansions at POR really have the edge. The atmosphere is terrific, we love Hurricane Bob in the lounge, and listening to the horse-drawn carriage clip-clopping their way around the paths really makes the experience wonderful.

Upvote 0

FollowurDream

Seems like a matter of personal choice. :p

So here's mine: I've stayed at Riverside 3x, once in the mansions, twice in the bayou section (2 time beginning in 2 days!!! yay!). I love the look of both the mansions and the alligator bayou. We like staying in the AB part because we are close to the food court (free drink mugs, hoorray!) ....too much walking in the parks kills me! and they have the trundle beds (a small bed located underneath the double bed, big enough for a person under 5 ft tall). I just prefer Riverside because it is well themed and feels more secluded.

That said, you can use the food court/pool/amenties of either resort when you stay at Port Orleans. We have gone to FQ's food court and it was quainter than Riverside's food court. But, much of the same.

I've never thought of staying in FQ because we love Riverside sooo much...

Good Luck choosing...either way I'm sure you'll have a magical trip! :)

:wave:

Upvote 0

PSUMike

Definitely POR

I've stayed at POR appoximately 30 or so times. Stayed at POFQ twice. For me, there's no comparison. The mansions at POR are great and since it's spread out, is much quieter. Also, POR has the piano player--Bob. He plays Wednesday through Saturday. It's a big sing-along and it's terrific. My kids watch and sing along with Bob while me and the wife enjoy a few cocktails. Even my brother, (a sometimes snobby doctor) loved his show. It's free and right next to the sit-down restaurant so there's no need to leave the resort for entertainment. The pool is better at POR and the quiet pools are really nice. I'll be at POR for 3 days in December. I feel guilty but I'll be going to Beach Club for 5 nights over Easter week. I'm renting DVC points from a co-worker so it's actually MUCH cheaper than 5 nights at POR.

Upvote 0

Poco909

i was at the riverside last year, it was soo beautiful and awesome, lol, well it was my first disney ressort but really it was cool, not too sure bout french, only saw it a few times but riverside was a really kool experience, i go there again

Upvote 0

DWGIRL

I vote for POR. We absolutely loved it. The resort is beautiful. We never had trouble with the busses. The theming in both sections is great. It was quiet. The food court was awesome. You can't go wrong with POFQ.

Upvote 0

dvcnut39

Actually, the only moderate rooms that can accommodate 5 people are the Alligator Bayou Rooms at Port Orleans Riverside. They have a trundle bed that can accommodate a child or shorter adult.

You are right. My little one was asking me a thousand questions when I was typing my initial response. Thank you for correcting me. I corrected my earlier response.

Upvote 0

go3epcot

Family and I have stayed at POR last 2 trips and eaten at POFQ each time just to get a different feel. We all enjoy the atmosphere at POR- best of the Moderates (I have stayed at each of the Mods. except POFQ). Stayed at Acadian House each time. Recommend highly!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom