Canon T3i

disneycouple07

Original Poster
My husband bought me a EOS Rebel T3i 18-55mm IS II camera for Mother's day last year and I have no idea how to use it. I want to buy another lens before I take a photography class. Bestbuy has Canon 55-250mm f/4-5.6 Telephoto Zoom Lens and Canon - EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Telephoto Zoom Lens. Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated.

NowInc

And once you take the class, Id say get a 50mm prime. Zoom lenses can teach you bad habits...having a lens that forces you to move and think about your composition will teach you a LOT.

CP_alum08

I would recommend that you take the class before you buy the lens. You will then understand the differences in the lenses which will help u make a better choice for your specific needs.

Enjoy the class!
Agreed too! Until you understand the camera you can't really understand your needs. Better to wait and buy a lens you actually want versus buying one you think you need just to have it sit in the bag.

And once you take the class, Id say get a 50mm prime. Zoom lenses can teach you bad habits...having a lens that forces you to move and think about your composition will teach you a LOT.
I agree on a prime, but I would suggest a 30mm or 35mm. Personally for me 50mm on a crop body (which is what the T3i is ) was an awkward length. 35mm on a crop body is basically the equivalent of a 50mm on a full frame so you get the same focal range.

And, if you really have no idea how to use the camera make sure you take the basic of basics photography class. Going into a class thinking you know how to do something and then realizing you don't is a good way to get discouraged from the start!

Jennibelle

I took a class in the summer, would recommend doing that first. The instructor can give you advice on a lense that you'll enjoy using.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom