Candy Corn; does it deserve the hate?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
How far back does that go? I'm pushing 72 and that is the first time I heard that. However, real corn is chicken feed.
I think its use as a chicken feed is largely urban legend fed by the fact that its original inventor called it "chicken feed" vs the name we now know, "candy corn".

SteveBrickNJ

I am the same as the opening statement. I liked them as a kid...and as a teen and as a 20 something too. Now I don't buy it for myself, but I've had a couple of them at work and the traditional orange and white candy corns are still good as far as I'm concerned. (I hadn't read the entire thread when I posted my thoughts....I see that I'm in the minority....oh well:cool:)
I should have mentioned in my previous post...many companies make candy corn. There have been times when I had some that I hated because that company made their product taste like wax. Not all candy corns that look alike....taste alike ;)

Lilofan

For the big boys..

Candy Corn vodka

1 bottle vodka
1 cup candy corn

Mix and put in air right container , chill for 4 hours , strain into bottle

Enjoy and drink responsibly..

mf1972

i had a similar, but different recipe for that.

1 bottle vodka
1 cup of candy corn

throw out the 1 cup of candy corn. drink the vodka. enjoy 🤪

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Its good! Especially mixed with peanuts!

This! it's like eating a deconstructed Payday candy bar. Also, I'll second the Caramel Apple/Candy Apple corns... they're really good.

Speaking of candy bars....

"Butterfinger" Candies:

3 cups candy corn
2 cups melting chocolate
1 heaping cup creamy peanut butter

Line an 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment or wax paper. In a microwave safe bowl, add candy corn. Cook for 1 minute, stir, cook for 30 seconds, stir, then cook it some more in 15 second intervals until soft and creamy in texture.

Add peanut butter, mix until combined. Microwave for an additional 10-20 seconds. Stir, then rapidly pour mixture into prepared baking pan. Smooth out with a back of a spoon. Place in the refrigerator to cool. Take candy out of the refrigerator, and using a knife cut into bite-size pieces.

Make a double boiler, by placing water in a medium pot, about a ⅓ of the way, place a large glass bowl over the pot and add chocolate. Stir the chocolate until melted, dip candy mixture into chocolate and let rest on parchment or wax paper. Store candy in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a crispy bar or leave on the counter for a fudge-like chewy "butterfinger" bar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom