Candlelight Processional

Goofnut1980

Original Poster
Does anyone one know if Disney has released the narrators and the dates for the Candlelight Processional at Epcot??? Also does it cost to see just the show??? We are going with the entire family but we do not want to do the dinner before... We just want to see the show. Thanks a bunch!!!

mickeysaver

I am waiting for the info too. If I planned it right, we have a chance at seeing 3 different narrators during our stay. It's going to be a great trip with lots of FL family and friends joining in on our days in the parks. I need to know so that I can plan for our doing the CP with the CP dinner package.

fizzle75

We have seen CP for the last two years and we absolutely love it. We will be back again this December and we are in the process of planning our trip as well. My wife just spoke with DVC member services about it yesterday and they said that details won't be released until June.

*crosses fingers and hopes that Steven Curtis Chapman narrates again this year and we get to see him during our trip*

Captain Hank

Does anyone one know if Disney has released the narrators and the dates for the Candlelight Processional at Epcot??? Also does it cost to see just the show??? We are going with the entire family but we do not want to do the dinner before... We just want to see the show. Thanks a bunch!!!
The Candlelight Processional is included with your admission to Epcot. However, if you're not planning on taking part in the Dinner Package, be sure to get to the America Gardens Theater very, very early. The "standby" line forms on the Italy side of the theater. In my experience, the 8:15 show is the least crowded and lets out just in time to grab a last-minute spot for Illuminations (try the Japan courtyard). Regardless of the showtime, get to the theater 45 minutes beforehand, minimum. An hour early is better.

I had the priviledge of being in the Cast choir for Candlelight for the 2006 season. It was an incredible experience and was the highlight of the Christmas season for me. Most of the narrators do a very good job--some do a fantastic job. If you can, try to see Gary Sinese. He typically does Christmas Eve/Day, and, in my opinion, was the best narrator. Rita Moreno, Neil Patrick Harris and Kirk Cameron were also very good. Look for the narrator list to be released early this summer.

CAPTAIN HOOK

2008 will be our first Christmas at WDW and we're really looking forward to experiencing CP and everything else Disney has to offer at this time of year

JPVonDrake

I will be happy to post narrator and Dinner Package details as soon as they are officially released. We expect this information to be available by early July.

Stay Tooned!

MinnieLee

We did the CP three years ago and it was beautiful. Your best bet is to get the dinner package to assure you will get in. The wait line even for the dinner package people was from the theatre past Morocco. The line for people with no dinner package was lined up when we passed it at 3:15 and it seemed to get going and going. It's worth it to go see.

conntom

WDW at Christmas time is great from MVMCP to the CP the best thing is to do the
dinner package you can stand at the CP and see the show if you get close to it
but you have to wait a long time. MVMCP is a high cost but you can have a very good
time just for the fireworks only you would love it. Then you are in the MK at night
and lights and the sounds are great all the rides are going its a good time of year
to be at WDW this year will be my 25 years of going to WDW the 23 year at Christmas
time I will be there on Dec 7 for the week can't wait.

RiversideBunny

It's a bit of luck on who you see as the narator since they announce them so late and are subject to change.
We just pick out the night we want during our visit and go ahead and make the reservation for the dinner package.
The dinner package (lunch actually, for the 5 pm show) is the way to be sure to get a seat. You have to eat anyway so the dinner package serves two purposes.

The Candlelight Processional is extremely well done, in a very professional and moving manner.

:xmas::xmas:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Just for general reference, until JPVonDrake provides his usual great post as soon as the information is available, last years presentors were as follows:

November 23-25: David Robinson
November 26-28: John O'Hurley
November 29-December 1: Neil Patrick Harris
December 2-4 : Dennis Franz
December 5-7: Monique Coleman
December 8-10: Steven Curtis Chapman
December 11-13: Chita Rivera
December 14-16: Andie McDowell
December 17-19: Kirk Cameron
December 20-22: Edward James Olmos
December 23-25: Gary Sinise
December 26-28: Rita Moreno
December 29-30: Marlee Matlin

Historically, there is about 3/4 repeating, although not necessarily at the same times.

As for the dinner packages,

Tier 1
Seating 1 - $27.99 plus tax & gratuity / (3-9) $12.99 (Lunch)
Seating 2 & 3 -$32.99 plus tax & gratuity / (3-9) $14.99 (Dinner)

The Garden Grill Restaurant - Land Pavilion
Biergarten - Germany Pavilion

Tier 2
Seating 1 - $36.99 plus tax & gratuity / (3-9) $12.99 (Lunch)
Seating 2 & 3 - $42.99 plus tax & gratuity / (3-9) $14.99 (Dinner)

San Angel Inn - Mexico Pavilion
Restaurant Marrakesh - Morocco Pavilion
Nine Dragons - China Pavilion
Rose & Crown - United Kingdom Pavilion

Tier 3
Seating 1 - $41.99 plus tax & gratuity / (3-9) $12.99 (Lunch)
Seating 2 & 3 - $47.99 plus tax & gratuity / (3-9) $14.99 (Dinner)

Chefs de France - France Pavilion
Tutto Italia - Italy Pavilion
Le Cellier Steakhouse - Canada Pavilion
Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki Dining Room - Japan Pavilion
Coral Reef - The Living Seas Pavilion

The three tiers are for dinner price difference only. Everyone lines up in the same queue (no show seating priority). Even with the dinner package, people line up an hour before the show to get best seats, but even if you are farther back in the line, you will get seating (as long as you arrive about 15 min. before the show when general seating begins.

Hope that gives you something to think about prior to the official announcements for 2008.

lilo091701

How Cool

We wanted to do something different this Holiday!!! How does it work exactly???? Eat at the choice restaurant and then go get in line??? :shrug::shrug: :confused:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
We wanted to do something different this Holiday!!! How does it work exactly???? Eat at the choice restaurant and then go get in line??? :shrug::shrug: :confused:

Basically yes. When you call, you ask to book the package (not just the restaurant), you are then offered different time slots based on the performance time you choose. Many of the times are pretty early...but that is better than having one of those slow service meals and having to bolt to the show.

As you face the stage, package line is on the left side (going toward Japan), standby line is on the right (going on forever....:eek:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom