Candlelight Processional Performers?

imamouse

Original Poster
I was just wondering if anyone from this sight, CM or otherwise, is a performer in the chorus or orchestra for the CP? A few questions to start:

1. What would you like to share about being a performer?
  2. When did rehearsals begin?
  3. Other than CMs, what groups perform (local high schools, etc)?
  4. How many performances must you commit to doing?
  5. What do you like most and what do you like least about performing in the CP?
:xmas:

Chape19714

imamouse said:
I was just wondering if anyone from this sight, CM or otherwise, is a performer in the chorus or orchestra for the CP? A few questions to start:

1. What would you like to share about being a performer?
  2. When did rehearsals begin?
  3. Other than CMs, what groups perform (local high schools, etc)?
  4. How many performances must you commit to doing?
  5. What do you like most and what do you like least about performing in the CP?
:xmas:

Well, I'm Performing with a High School Choir for the Candlelight. I Don't know if I'm in the catagory you need to answer this, but I'll Give it a try anyhow.

1-Performing is extremely fun, but you must want to do it. There is no way you can go through a performance without the passion to do so.

2-Rehearsals for the audition took place in August, with the audition being taped for disney to review shortly after. Rehearsals for the actual show have been taking place from the time we recived word we were accepted.

3-We won't be the only group there.:lol: The choir is HUGE! The 50 piece orchestria, and the narrator makes it a HUGE show.

4-We had to commit to 1 performance, but in years past, we have done 2, both on the same night. We have never done it more than two nights per season.

5-What I like MOST about Candlelight is the Music and the Chance of a lifetime. The music by Derric Johnson is very, very good and puts the joy of the holidays in us whenever we perform it. The Experiance is also great. For many, it has been life-changing. Just the way Disney puts it together makes it truly meaningful and magical, even if we are in the show. The energy of the performers is what makes candlelight so great year after year. Another great perk is getting to spend the rest of the night at EPCOT compliments of WDW. Also complements of WDW, we are each given a 1-park, 1-day ticket for future use. The part I like LEAST about it is the bus ride!:lol: kidding! I really can't think of a negitive part of the entire experiance.

Sorry about my spelling

Just out of my curiosity: Is this just for fun, or are you writing a report on it? Not that it matters, I'm just curious.

imamouse

Original Poster
Thanks, Chapel19714. I have been to the CP before so I realize that it is a huge group of performers, coming from many sources. I was just curious about how the CP is put together, and I didn’t find anything on this topic after doing a search, so I started this thread.

I ran into the parents of a performer who was from out of state, so I was wondering how large the pool is that Disney draws from to field this event. Thanks for the info regarding the audition process and the number of performances, etc. The CP is an amazing event and my hat is off to everyone who gives his or her all to deliver a quality performance.

Anyone else out there care to comment? CMs? Musicians? Thanks, again
:wave:

Chape19714

imamouse said:
Thanks, Chapel19714. I have been to the CP before so I realize that it is a huge group of performers, coming from many sources. I was just curious about how the CP is put together, and I didn’t find anything on this topic after doing a search, so I started this thread.

I ran into the parents of a performer who was from out of state, so I was wondering how large the pool is that Disney draws from to field this event. Thanks for the info regarding the audition process and the number of performances, etc. The CP is an amazing event and my hat is off to everyone who gives his or her all to deliver a quality performance.

Anyone else out there care to comment? CMs? Musicians? Thanks, again
:wave:

To continue a bit more...the High School Performers are picked through Disney's Magic Music Days Program. Hisgh Schools are picked from all over the country to perform. Basically, any school that can make the trip down to FL (or to California for Disneyland's CP) is elegible to audition. There are 3 shows nightly. In additon to the Choir, Disney also hires some professionels (either from other WDW shows-the most common-, or from outside) to sing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom